NASL in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by -DgS-, Feb 9, 2014.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Fox News article doesn't paint the best of pictures for this club. If it isn't a one and done I would be surprised:

Davi says with the money from local backers and a small projected budget -- around $65,000-$75,000, though, he says, "I don't think we even need $60,000" because of sponsorships -- he could launch the team right now and be able to compete this season, at least monetarily. But he'll wait to play until 2016, when it will be more "wise" to do it.
    http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/...rings-outdoor-soccer-back-to-milwaukee-030215

2. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    The Milwaukee Torrent is holding a supporters meeting on Wednesday March 25 at 8:30 pm at the In Bounds Training Center in Glendale. More info is available in their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/287652161358792/

Let's see how many people can make it! It'd be great if we had a good showing to show our support for the team. And don't forget to Like their page!

3. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And nearly 10 months later, has this supposed team surfaced at all in any of the leagues?

5. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Sometimes these things take time.

I am rooting for them, would be nice to have another Midwestern team in the NASL.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Thanks, genius.

The guy said they weren't going to play in 2015, but they were going to play in 2016 with a budget of $75,000.

I think it will be taking a while longer. If they're going to play in 2016, they'd better get on it.

Yeah, he sounded like a guy with sufficient wealth to own a Division II team. #RTFA

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  7. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should probably set their sights on NPSL and try to build a following like Detroit City FC, with the eventual goal of partnering with investors.

The One X repped this.
  8. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Milwaukee Bavarians played in the NPSL from 2005-2013 before moving to the Great Lakes Premier League.

9. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    The Tor rent is a professional team in the American Soccer League. When he announced the team last March he had always planned on starting play in 2016. He's got 17 players under contract now following three tryouts. The first game, a friendly, is scheduled for the end of April against Marquette. He's also scheduling a friendly against the Chicago Fire. Check out all the updates at https://www.facebook.com/milwaukeetorrent. The barons get a lot of press but there's not much to show for it. No big investors. Andreas is building up to the usl/NASL from a smaller club, like Detroit City is looking to do.

10. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished interviewing Andreas. Sadly, there is now beef between the Barons and the Torrent. Hopefully they work through it and start working together

11. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    I hope so too. We finally have an outdoor professional team again and it'd be great to get everyone behind it. I'd love to see it grow into either a USL or NASL team. Not sure why the barons, or likely the group's leadership, doesn't want to support the team. This is what we've always wanted. I'd love to hear more about your interview. Are you going to post something?

12. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll probably post it later this week, based on how the Twitter poll goes. I like to give my readers options on what they're reading. Apparently there is beef between one of the Barons leaders and the Torrent, but no one from the Torrent has talked to the actual founder of the Barons, who said in the interview he looks forward to seeing how they can support the Torrent in 2016

13. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SoccerPrime any reason this forum is doing this **** every time I spell T o r r e n t as one word?

14. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be cool if it happened to any team that has a name like a WNBA team.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No idea. New to me. Try T0rrent with a zero in the meantime.

oneeyedfool and Sporting Real repped this.
  16. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My guess is that it is to avoid links to Bit T0rrents which are used to distribute copyrighted material.

Sporting Real repped this.
  17. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Personalities and egos aside, I hope every soccer fan in Milwaukee will come out and support the Tor rent. We finally have a professional outdoor team after a dozen year absence and bringing The Flood, the Barons, East Siders 1846 and other supporter groups together will benefit everyone. We all want a high level team and there's no reason we can't grow the Tor rent into an NASL club in a few years.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torrent should be good to use now.

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, anybody want some links to illegal soccer torrent sites just message me.

:eek::p

20. pieper1850

pieper1850 Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Any thoughts on a downtown stadium? I would love to see a stadium across the strwet from the Harley Museum.

21. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Not sure if that cement company is still there, but that might be a good spot, for a usl/NASL stadium. I like it. It wouldn't work for mls though if we grew that much. It does have limited access though. There's the big site on the inner harbor, but that's pegged for industrial use and the whole area would probably need massive environmental remediation. Too bad the Msoe field was woefully under designed. No vision. For an NASL stadium, there's a site just north of downtown that I'd think would be perfect. It's between I-43 and Green Bay ave., just north of Capitol. It was an old car dealership. The site is basically cleared and it's even for sale. Great access since it's right off the highway. Close to downtown. Plenty of space. And sprecher brewery is right there.

22. pieper1850

pieper1850 Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just in case anyone has any interest today:

[​IMG]