Pre-match: Napoli vs Udinese @Stadio San Paolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Alright great win, I feel it's a good time to make the next game thread going as we won today against Lazio 2-0 away from home.

We're on to play one of the teams I hate the most, Udinese. These f@gs always play the games of their lives against us and this game will be no different. Duvan will be up against us so he will also have something to prove.

We dominated against Lazio for probably 75 minutes, Koulibaly often made stupid passes which we quickly erased but they could have been capitalized on had Lazio done better.

Reina
    Hysaj-K2-Albiol-Ghoulam
    Zielinski-Diawara-Hamsik
    Callejon-Milik-Insigne

I think Zielinski and Hamsik should both start as I think we will have the ball a lot and Zielinski is better than Allan in the attacking 3rd. Diawara will help prevent us being countered on as he is better defensively than Jorginho. I think we should give Milik the start and try and see what he can do. If we're still level, we have Mertens who will be fresh that can come off the bench.

We need a win here to keep pace with Roma, they play against Atalanta which is to them what Udinese is to us. We've actually won our past 3 home games to Udinese and we won the away fixture earlier in the season.

So we actually didn't deserve the win in this game, Insigne's 2nd goal was extremely lucky. Chiriches and Ghoulam were horrible but especially Chiriches. We conceded from a corner and honestly with the guys we had out there I'm not even a little bit surprised. Hysaj and Ghoulam are decent and Koulibaly is good but Chiriches is pretty weak at defending corners for a CB. Diawara is decent but Hamsik can`t defend for shit. All our forwards are small as shit so they can`t defend either. At least now Albiol and Koulibaly are good, Hysaj and Ghoulam decent, and Diawara is also decent.

We will know the result of the Roma game by the time we play. Let`s hope Atalanta can win but more importantly, we need to make sure that we get the win.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Our goalscore at home is 34-17, both Juvetus and Roma have scored more and let less in. Last season we were the best home team (because of Higuain), Sarri needs to work on this.
    A big reason for this has been the in denial tactics Sarri has used this season by imo not playing Jorginho enough. We simply cannot dictate the game as much as we'd like with Diawara playing the regista role. It is in denial to have players like Hamsik, Mertens, Insigne and Callejon on the pitch without having a World class player who can not only set them up properly, but also make sure they dont have to do as much defensive work through his own ball retention abilties - we don't wanna be defending with the players we have, we will lose those matches.
    Another big problem (at home games) is our attackers will take up four to five spots on the team sheet yet they do not get enough out of this, Callejon being the biggest sinner - what does he even contribute with? And with a 22-year-old Zielinski who will have his ups and downs it is very important that our older players put in a perfomance almost every time they play. Hopefully when Milik gets fully back he can take Callejon's spot in attack. I'm not talking about playing Milik (or anyone for that matter) on the right wing, I just really believe we have the means to play a dynamic style of attacking play where Hamsik, Insigne and Mertens can switch positions on the pitch as they'd like with Milik playing the main striker. Maybe one day we will get to see Milik, Insigne, Mertens and Hamsik on the pitch at the same time one day.

That being said I hope we won't just let Urinese roll us over like we let Atalata.

cipro and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Napoli won 3-0.

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I may be of an unpopular opinion here saying this, don't think Diawara is a good regista for how we play, he's a great defensive midfielder but he's awful at dictating play, don't think its his position. Jorginho is clearly the better player... Aurelio must be telling Sarri to play Diawara to try to sell him to England or something.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #5 Sacki, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Diawara is young, imo he's already good and he'll have time to get even better. I think his passing is better than his defending though, im not very impressed with his defending... on 1-on-1s the opponent literally just walk around him with the ball.

But yeah agreed, he cannot dictate play.... yet. When he actually plays, its like he doesnt want to take the resonsibility the regista should be taking in our style of play. maybe thats because he only is 19, but then again wouldnt a 19 year old veratti have balls enough to at least try? Yes its a bad comparison but i cant think of others to compare his situation with.

Unless we get a dumb offer from england he'll stay.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #6 Sacki, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Napoli fans are so used to it they just dont see callejon goals anymore

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I did not think like that but starting him twice against Real and not playing Jorginho a single minute supports that theory.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is 19. That role requires a world class player. Jorginho if he avoids dumb mistakes and stops fading away is world class. He is just so elegant and calm and never loses the ball.

But I hope we keep Diawara as well. He is just so good and has a lot of upside.

Sacki repped this.
  9. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm not hating on Diawara for the record, I like him. Just Jorginho is the better player and I would play Diawara in an Allan role sometimes too

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Ya i`ve thought about Diawara in an Allan role but tbh Diawara does not have the legs Allan does...

Sacki repped this.
  11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I hope we absolutely embarrass them.

cipro repped this.
  12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    when diawara gets a little more comfortable on the ball I can see Diawara and jorginho bossing the middle with insigne, mertens, milik and hamsik in front of them. Obviously this tactic should only be used in games where the opponent park hard and dont attack too much, games where we are expected to keep at least 60+% possession. also Diawara > Allan on defensive deadballs, we are dog shit on them and will become even more dog shit when ghollum leaves.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82062/Show/Faouzi-Ghoulam
    (aerial duels: strong)

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    These fookers always try showing up against us ! Roma lost points today lets take full advantage of this !

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We beat them at home last year and away this year.

Also they won in Juventus last year.

We dropped points agains them because of our mental weakness.

I am sure we will win today.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the question is whether we will take advantage of the fact roma lost points. usually when roma drop points, we drop points

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not really. We have dropped points at different points.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I just meant that when it matters we havent shown up. Like against Atalanta which if im not mistaken would've put us ahead of them

18. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We're going to have to break out the 4-2-4 if we keep playing like this. Not much point in Ellen being out there.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. Ziellinski in for Allan. Milik for Callejon.

20. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It would be interesting to see Milik come on for Hysaj. Let Calle cover RB with Mertens & Insigne on the wings.

10 corners. Did we even get a shot on goal from one of them:confused:

Sacki repped this.
  21. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We've been dog shit on corners for 10 years, doubt there's a miraculous change anytime soon. Pk 73' calling it.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Agreed. I'd argue callejon can do whatever it is he is doing now from a right back position. Albiol would have to take the defensive runs against their wingers though and that just takes me back to the benitez/maggio days lol

23. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That pass from Jorgiii:eek::eek::eek: 1-0 Mertens

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark