Napoli vs Liverpool @Anfield - CL Matchday 6

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Buffonfan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #126 RichardBarker, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Asking valid questions is fine. Even being critical. Wishing the team to fail is another. This is what you and your "partner" has been going on and on for a while now.

1) Asserting that CA will never be as good as Sarri even before the season started.

2) Predicted Napoli will fail big time with CA as coach

3) Reverse course when we started to win matches and claimed to support the coach but...

4) Pitchforks out with vengeance every time Napoli loose or draw a game including vs Juventus while ignoring Sarri also have his share of bad games

5) After a big loss like today, start the chorus of "I told you so", so secretly relishing the club's failure to proof your own point.

Tons of post from you both with same manner and context.

I am also very critical of the players performance today. I think they all failed and just show their core weakness when it matters most, ie lack of winning mentality. Lots of posters here expressed same sendiment. But do I wish they don't do well before the match begins? No.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Best analysis

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You lost all credibility after yiu started insults. Either apologize or you will not gte replies from me.

4. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Your post said so about yourself. Doesn't need me to have credibility. What is the very first post you said after we loss the game? What is really pathetic is all your posturing.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I don't need replies from you. Actually better you don't reply because that will only triggered me to answer back. To the contrary, I don't actually enjoy these kind of exchanges.

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I think we have the ability to at the very least draw this game. Some kind of epic screw-up or maybe it's a mindset thing which makes it so frustrating.We know Mertens, Insigne and Hamsik are capable of being better than this.

If CA had any fault today, it's probably he should have started Ghoulam. But then, Ghoulam has just came back from a long term injury so it will be risky.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maybe you missed his game leading 11 tackles?

Pass accuracy,
    Allan 81%
    Hamsik 79%

Was he perfect?, no. Nobody was,and yes his passing was off, but he was still the best player on the pitch for our side.

8. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Allan was left alone in the centre mid because Hamsik was scared. Not his fault at all, we need a leader in midfield, Allan can't do it all alone.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hamsik failed big time. But we have no one else in the middle.

10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    This summer we need to part ways with Hamsik. Unfortunately, the time has come. We need 2 big signings, a centre mid and a striker. Unfortunately I don't see any strikers available or upcoming

Retrosword repped this.
  11. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rui tried to pull Salah back before that goal, and instead let him stroll away while standing there like a buffoon with his hands up in the air. Then Ospina plays the pass like a stooge and lets in a stinker of a goal.

Ghoulam is badly needed to get back to form, as is another World Class midfielder alongside Allan, and a pure striker.

12. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Rui is a limited player. He had his bright moments from time to time but overall, esp against big teams, he doesn't show up. Now that Ghoulum is back, he should return back to the bench.

Can't believed I stayed up all night to watch this Fiasco. Nevertheless, Forza NapolI! Can always try again next time.

13. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We just don't have the determination to win, it like we not mentally there, like we mentally think we can't do it.
    All we need was 1 goal to get that draw, and Liverpool will need to work twice as hard for that 2 goal to win us (if we score).
    But seem like we have no urgency, no determination. After we conceded I thought the urgency will get to us, but keep watching and watching and nothing.

I just want to see Italy soccer do good, see our clubs do good, any clubs, as long as they are Italy soccer team. Whether it Juventus, Napoli, Inter Milan, Roma, whatever, I want all of us to make it to the knockout round. I want ALL the Italy clubs in the Champions League to advance.

And I agree, Koulibaly really try today, it was him against Salah. At least seem like he trying. But he is a defender and there so much a defender can do, and so much one him alone can do.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right back

15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't feel that's AS important as the other 2 roles and there are even less options at right back that will make the difference while being affordable.

16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hamsik needed to go to China

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welp lets just go all in on the Europa league.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Tough luck guys.

I watched most of the group games and from a neutral's point of view Napoli were simply unlucky in these six matches.

If I recall correctly, Napoli hit the post three times in the group stages on top of Di Maria's miracle equalizer. Had just one of those moments gone Napoli's way, they would have advanced. It's fine margins.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But who do you play there? We need alternatives.

20. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    They have nobody on the bench who can play beside Allan. Hamsik is the only option, and we've all seen how he performs on the biggest of stages. I truly hoped that he would somehow show up yesterday, but yet again he failed when they needed him the most. That's the last straw for any faith I had left. He's simply not the answer.

21. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Hamsik is a good player and also loyal but honestly, he is not a leader that can inspire the team when things get rough and he lacks passion. It's to him just like a job probably, no matter winning or loosing.

Actually, I was thinking Allan might make a better captain.

22. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Allan is the heart and soul. No reason why he shouldn't be wearing the arm band. I praise Hamsik's loyalty and believe he still has a good skill set, but he's not a leader.

23. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hamsik is garbage is a 2 man midfield, he did better assisting salah in the first half then any of our strikers. On the contrary I hope we see Ounas and Younes assimilate better with the team going forward - theres a reason callejon hasn't scored a goal this season and he's had plenty of chances. Get rid of that retard rui with ghoulam, replace albiol who is awful in every big game, consolidate malcuits position at rb, and replace Ospina with Meret as quick as possible. I think once we do that, we can have a really strong end to the season. Then in the summer get a great striker, sell hamsik and give K2 the armband, replace albiol and we can make stronger pushes on both fronts. We also have verdi, who I am not fully convinced by...

Sacki repped this.
  24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But you need replacements for Rui and Albiol and Hysaj. Easier said than done.

Without fixing defense it will be hard.