Napoli VS Benevento

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he doesnt deserve it

2. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I know but we should always aim for higher as we have the quality

3. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Huge test on Wednesday; away at Lazio. Simone Inzaghi is good manager. Maybe a Zielinski start instead of Hamsik. We'll see.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We always beat Lazio in Rome

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ounas is very good. Giak is useless. Good solid guy but a waste of a substitution.

Sacki repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    tough game in rome or not lets just hope teams like sassuolo stop rolling out the red carpet every time juventus come to town lol

7. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    CarecaNapoli, Sacki and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It happens, but this game it was more about Dybala than the red carpet... With only Piguain, they'd perhaps even draw...

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    This afternoon Hamsik finally played better, although against Bene it doesn't mean much. However, in my opinion, he was very important against our opposition today, as he's the one man in our team who can pass the ball to the side and also cross it forward without any selfish ideas, it may not seem as much but that's how goals actually come to happen. It's only too bad that he hasn't been doing his job properly until today, hopefully it will boost his morale as well as his ability, especially against teams of greater magnitude. Both the players and the coach seem to be perfectly comfortable with actually viewing today's game as a challenge, which is a joke, but hey, if it means that they won't f*ck it up again on the International scene, I'm all in.

10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    6-0. 3 points is 3 points, doesn't matter if it's against Lazio, Juventus or Benevento. Games like this are good for the differential even if it's early. Hopefully we can smash Lazio on Wednesday.

11. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We have SO much quality in Rog and Ounas, I think Sarri, for whatever reason, believes we would struggle if he just plays them, isntead we get screwed by overplaying our stars. Watch Sarri start Milik over Mertens this wednesday..

Sacki repped this.
  12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    He won't do it this Wednesday, he'll rest him in the CHL, probably even against MC, mark my tears...

Retrosword repped this.
  13. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Play Mertens for 70 minutes against Lazio and start Milik for 60 depending if we are winning or not against Spal at home. If we still need a goal, Mertens can come on and score. I also think Milik needs a more dynamic player to his right in Ounas to create for him, because Callejon doesnt create and neither does Milik.

14. NapoliGrecia

NapoliGrecia New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I see too many people are concerned about Marek.Just remember he's always off form for a short time after mazzari era.Benitez when Hamsik was on a crucial age for his development didn't have the ability to handle him.So simce 2013 every facking year the same with him.I'm pretty sure he will get in form as he always does and we will see the same scenario.Him scoring about half dozen goals and assist in 10 games for example.He is our captain,the little unknown slovakian has turned into a facking legend and a flag competing diego in numbers.Whether bwing off form or not i'm sure he"ll beat a lot basterds this year.Forza Napoli

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But we simply cannot rest our players so easily when we play a CHL game, that's where the prestige is.

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    A lot of people here are like Americans, after 10 years of passionate service they'd already like to see him homeless.

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I agree, and I'm happy to have them. However, that does not change the fact that against most teams of any quality whatsoever we have not done well this season. Atalanta, Shahtar. both games were disastrous, though only the latter of them ended in one.

18. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Judging by who he's playing in what games, it's clear that we are placing more emphasis on Serie A than the Champions League. To the point where we are starting key players vs Bologna, Benevento and probably SPAL and resting Mertens during a key match with Shaktar.

I don't really agree with it. This team has enough quality to beat those Serie A teams without our A squad.

I'm not sure what my teams are doing.

Same thing with Arsenal. They start Sanchez in a freaking Europa game, then say he's not fit to start a game vs Chelsea on the weekend. WTF.

Bottom line is you play your best squad in the biggest games. It's common sense.

Retrosword repped this.
  19. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I had already figured out that we will concentrate on SA prior to the commencement of the league. However, it is one thing to concentrate on SA and completely another to play our full squad against Bene. That's why it is so sad, because it was exactly the kind of game where I believe Milik would be able to score, and thus he'd boost his confidence, which is something that he needs. I understand that we have sort of made a promise to ourselves that we will do our best to win the SA this year, however, the decisions taken up to this moment seem to me to be quite excessive even considering the facts at hand, the pressure that our players have placed on their shoulders through their claims.

Also, I agree with AvantiNapoli that Milik would probably do better with Ounas, but I don't think Sarri will take that approach to the problem. We have yet to find the true balance between strategy and innate skill, because if the former does not work, the players have to push it with the latter. Yet Sarri has been too stuck up on the tactical side of the game, no matter if it works or not.

20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We lost to Shakthar but I still think we'll go through. There's still 15 damn points there. If we had to chose between reaching the quarters of the UCL and coming 2nd in the Serie A or winning the Serie A and coming 3rd or 4th in our group I'd chose winning the Serie A.

This year is our year.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  21. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yea this might be sacriligous but if I really dont care about the Champions League that much. Do I want us to go through? Of course. Do I like losing to Shaktar, hell ********ing no but if we have to play Mertens in Serie A for us to win, so be it. Milik can play Champions League, I dont care, just stop putting Callejon and Insigne on his wings and expecting a different result.

22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But we could still have beaten Benevento and SPAL and Bologna without Mertens. Whether Serie A or Champions League should receive priority over one another shouldn't really matter so much as the quality of the teams we are playing.

If we had a midweek game vs Shaktar followed by a trip to Juve, or Rome or any top tier Serie A team, then it makes sense to rest him.

Benevento stinks tho lol. It was clear from the opening whistle of that game we'd dominate.

Retrosword, Euphorius Thor and Sacki repped this.
  23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Dont worry I'm sure Dela wont allow Sarri to make us look shit in the champions legaue again. Money to be earned there.

Regardless, what Sarri did against Shaktar was his biggest fuk up in Napoli, not necessarily because he rested some key players but also because the formation was a naive joke and total lack of respect for Shaktar - we could still have rested players if we played the exact same formation but with Rog and Allan instead of the softies Hamsik and zielinski and focused on defensive stability. With Rog and Allan around to protect the defence we could even go through the luxury of resting a defender or two as well. Some times the shit Sarri does makes no sense whatsoever, the fact he wanted us to play attacking fluid football while controlling the game at the same time he chooses to rest Jorginho was like shooting yourself in the foot.

It is okay to play for a draw sometimes, especially in away games in the CL where no games are easy. It is also okay to play Rog, I trust Rog because he has played more CL games than half our first team.

TheAnswer1313 repped this.
  24. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah he messed up on two fronts there.

As far as resting players I get it............with mid week games you have to get guys rest. And I'm OK with him putting a priority on Serie A over the Champions League. I mean ESPN right now has us at 28% winning Serie A.......the Champions League? 3%. We aren't winning the champions league whereas we have a realistic shot at the title.

The lineups were just baffling to me given who we were facing. If Man City is as good as most think they are, these games vs Shaktar might be the difference between advancing and finishing 3rd. And while it's slim they could actually win this thing, you'd at least wanna get outta the group stage.

Sacki repped this.
  25. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I still feel we'll get out of the group. I feel we have a better shot at getting points out of Man City than Shakthar does.. Also we scored the away goal so should we tie on points but beat Shakthar 2-0 for example at home then we go through..(I think it goes to head to head before GD)