Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No. That is why you need competent management and not a pimp to run your club.

LGRod and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They at least have plans

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My main criticism is that we have no approach or plan.

Present something. Hire consultants. Set up a marketing team. Invest in infrastructure. Go public and tell the fans we want a stadium or buy out San Paolo but city won’t let us. Force their hands.

ADL has done a great job getting Napoli up. But he also was rewarded. He put 3M down and borrowed 27M which is now repaid. His family gets every year millions in board fees and he can sell the club for a few hundred millions.

As fans we want progress and for years we have stagnated. Our squad may be marginally stronger but it’s based on a clever transfer strategy and not sustainable.

If ADL showed willingness to change I would support it. But he has proven his aim is to make sure a 2-4 place finish is realized so he can make more money.

That is what I am criticizing.

4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm just gonna break this down

Consultants and marketing teams are not presented to the public. Investing in infrastructure, buying the San Paolo or buying a new stadium all needs to be done through the City. The city won't let go of the San Paolo because they make money from it annually from both the team playing there and through concerts that are held there. They won't let us easily buy/construct a new stadium because they make money from us needing to play at the San Paolo because there is no where else to play in Napoli.

Would you say our team is of the same quality from 5 years ago? Or how about comparing our team of 10 years ago to our team of 5 years ago.

We need to come 2-4th place because we need that Champions League money in order to buy players who can raise our level (Lozano replacing Callejon is a long term move and same with Fabian replacing Hamsik)
    We have a team that is set up to get stronger in years if we strengthen other areas.
    You can make a case that with just 2 buys next year we are genuinely a dark horse for one of the best 11's in the world.

Insigne - ? - Lozano
    Fabian - ? - Allan/Elmas
    Ghoulam - Koulibaly - Manolas - Di Lorenzo
    Meret

Had Icardi agreed to join us we'd be missing only 1 piece but that isn't on ADL

Edit: one of the best 11's like top 7/ top 8

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think the main issue is that DL simply works differently from some other sides. I do not believe that we have such real insight into how much money he has or makes, but whatever. Marketing teams do not always succeed. I think the business branch of football is a bit more complex than putting a pretty boy like Justin Bieber on the stage and have all teenage girls(and some boys, I guess) fall in love with his hair or some other such crap.

Taking into account this complexity I think it may be wiser to do things differently. I want the management to be for the club, of course, but from my point of view, in comparison with many other clubs we have indeed been doing quite well. Saying that Ronaldo didn't help Juve much is really a very difficult argument to digest. He is not a God, but he's enough of a good footballer to give a boost to a whole team solely through the vibration of his presence.

Call it choosing the lesser evil, or whichever way they refer to it in English, but I still am not convinced that with different management we would have succeeded like a racehorse on steroids and the competition on poison. Even if we had gotten owners who are willing to invest as much as the owners of PSG, it would not have guaranteed success, but it surely would have guaranteed adopting the lamest kind of vainglorious philosophy which would have made me sad to watch our club.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
  8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Once Zielinski and Ruiz shift to left and right they become game changers as we've seen so far. Article is a good read.

CarecaNapoli and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Insigne/Mertens - Lozano
    Zielinski - Allan - Fabian - Callejon
    Rui - Koulibaly - Manolas - DiLorenzo
    Meret

I wonder if this would work

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lozano is much better than Insigne.

11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    There you go I forgot about him but add him in there too. The quality in this team is at a level I've never seen before

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Ruiz in center but deeper and Zielisnki on the left.

We need to sell Insigne.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we had a proper striker it would. Also we rely too much on Callejon and Fabian.

That is the problem with 4-4-2 for these players. We have Insigne, Mertens, Younes, Lozano, Milik, Lorente who are all attackers.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Caprari needs a red if he keeps this up he keeps hacking guys down

15. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Elmas is so much better than Diawara

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I went through a whole lot of other teams' fans' opinions, and they all seem to be envious of our management. We have built a very strong team utilizing financially healthy operations and we still have the money to buy an attacker of worldwide quality, should one come into view, of course. The only team that can compare with the quality of our work is Atalanta, but they have only recently managed to become successful and there are no guarantees that they will be able to keep it up like we have been.

17. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Atalanta is where we were 9 years ago

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Exactly. I am both happy and sad that we have given them Duvan. I wish them luck on their journey.

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Report: Barca tabs on Fabian
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Barcelona are reportedly keeping close tabs on Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz.

Barca were linked with Fabian over the summer, as were their arch-rivals Real Madrid.

Although no move bore fruition, Mundo Deportivo and Gazzetta dello Sport both report sporting director Eric Abidal was at Lecce’s stadium yesterday to watch the Spaniard.

It comes despite the official explanation for his visit being in aid of a possible partnership with Lecce over some of their young players.

The 23-year-old is highly rated in his native Spain, having helped La Roja win the European Under-21 Championship in June.

Although he has four years left on his Napoli contract, talks are under way to improve his deal.

Calciomercato.com expects an agreement to be reached worth €3m a season plus bonuses and without a release clause.

--------------------------------------------

Useless to say, but I knew Real and Barca would be gunning for Ruiz. Expect big money offers next summer

anthonymario and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  20. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No release clause. If he goes it's gonna be for a ridiculous price that could set us up for what Juventus did when they sold Zidane to Real Madrid in the early 2000's .. I just hope this talk doesn't go to his head like it seems it went to Allan with the PSG offers

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meh lazy writing... shocking a really good Spanish player being linked to Real Madrid or BARCELONA. Not saying this isn’t true but it could be just lazy writing.

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It’s well known that Real Madrid are interested in Ruiz

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    And that's okay, plenty were and are interested in Koulibaly and he continues to stress that he wants to continue playing for us.

24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    You can't have good players without other teams wanting them, especially the legends. Some will eventually run off after money, but that's why we need veterans combined with young players who will have given us quite enough by the time they decide to leave.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tonali is the real deal. We should go after him.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.