Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabian Ruiz .

And many consider him to be the top Spanish mid rn (certainly in the next 2 years).

But yeah, Tonali is too good for Napoli I guess

Retrosword and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

You should start praying that his nose grows, maybe some hair comes out of his ears and feet... Then you know... Maybe he'll be ready?

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  3. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    If anything Tonali fits perfectly what ADL wants, young, high potential, a regista (Which is apparently ADL's favourite position he said on an interview a few years back) with a very good chance that he can raise his value extremely high. If he is available for 30mil or under I'd take him in a heartbeat.

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    2019/2020 Wage Bill Napoli:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.06.53 AM.png

Our wage bill for the season and the year is when their contracts expire. It added up to 51.2mil but the club pays exactly what the players earn in taxes and therefore we actually pay 102.4mil for the 2019/2020 season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018/2019 Wage Bill Napoli:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.16.08 AM.png

Our wage bill for the season and the year is when their contracts expire. It added up to 46.8mil but we know the club pays exactly what the players earn in taxes and therefore we actually pay 93.6mil for the 20118/2019 season.

So we pay almost 9mil more in player wages (the club pays 18mil more than last season) and we are negotiating contracts with Luperto, Allan, Maksimovic, Milik and Zielinski and they will all be on higher wages than their previous contract.

For those disappointed with the market, maybe this piece of information will help explain where our money is going. Also be aware that James would have cost 7.5mil (3mil more than Lozano totalling 6mil more the club would be paying) but James has missed 25 games over the past 2 season with injury issues and clearly ADL didn't want to spend much more money on him. That's where he was at.

@CarecaNapoli you can hate on ADL for not backing his promises in regards to the stadium, but financially we've consistently been increasing our wages as well as the quality of the team while not overspending.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    You don't rate Younes? I think he can be a lot better if given more game time, esp on the left wing although that's hard knowing who is the starter there...

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Actually our wage bills points to the fact that we need to find ways to improve revenue so we can afford to sign better players. Napoli is poorly marketed esp outside of Italy.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t say he is to good. Just don’t see him ending up here. Brescia supposedly wanted 50mil for him during the summer. If he produces this season that price will go up. Without a big sale next summer mercato I don’t see it happening.

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Right, but your reasoning was flawed. Just saying

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well im not a sporting director. I can say I just dont think its going to happen.

If he turns into the next De Rossi/ Pirlo hybrid that people keep saying he is and Napoli gets him ill be thrilled. Then again Elmas might become a world beater better than Tonali.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Back it up by data. Sarri got 91 points. In all of his three years he broke our point tally.

The Juve Sarri competed against got 95 points. Last year they got 91 points.

Sacki repped this.
  11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no view on Tonali but by quoting scumbag ADL you really use credibility.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes he made 40M in transfers and you use a 9M wage increase as justification. Why don’t you also include the millions in board fees he pays his family?

Napoli needs to spend to increase its revenue base. ADL is not doing that because he thinking is short term cash.

I also disagree with a lot of the contract renegotiations. Milik should have been sold even at 25M. Llorente is a waste of money, Hysaj should not have been on our books.

Sacki repped this.
  13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys read the SwissRamble on napoli financials on twitter. It has been posted here as well and you see a lot of my criticism.

Napoli’s only strategy for making money is buying young and selling high. This strategy will not make you a top club. It is not sustainable. You need to increase your revenue and that requires professional marketing, star players (like James even if initially loss making), better stadium so neutrals want to watch your games on TV rather than being reminded of the 80s and obviously success (it brings new fans).

Sacki repped this.
  14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I agree bro, we came extremely close with Sarri, then this happened

[​IMG]

Him and Messi are undeniably the best 2 players of the past 10 years (arguably the top 2 players ever to play the sport) and it hasn't even been a topic up for debate. They are literally players that you can't replace and that you can't match (unless with each other). Even at the age they're at they are still the best 2 and by a large margin.

Sarri's biggest threat that he had to worry about was Mandzukic, Higuain and Douglas Costa (all 3 were all still there when Ancelotti had to play them too mind you ...)

15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Listen I dislike ADL, maybe not as much as you do but I am by no means an ADL fan in any sense of the term BUT credit needs to be due, he didn't make 40mil in transfers... Actually in this seasons book he recorded a loss of 81million.

Accounting creativity or just a way of balancing the books I know we have 58mil in income coming in next summer as well (but we also haven't made a buy that will count on next years balance sheet and I am positive that will happen). Until that happens if we were to look at it how it is written in the books.

As per https://www.transfermarkt.us

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 7.33.22 PM.png

Add this to the 9mil growth in wages (Which we also know that the club pays that amount in taxes so it's really the club is spending 18mil more on wages even if the players are only taking him 9mil).

ADL did spend this summer, maybe the players brought in weren't who we hoped (I personally wanted James and Icardi I thought with those 2 we could genuinely rival Juventus to the end and be a dark horse for the Champions League), but I won't fault him this summer (He did have the agreement with Inter, Icardi just didn't want to come), for me it seemed he genuinely tried to strengthen the squad with players who we can use for years to come on long contracts.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A few points.

1. Agree on some of your points but reality is we had money to do more and one to top players could have changed the picture

2. On accounting, all those things are important for FFP but not relevant for us. Look at CF and we have guaranteed 40M cash coming in than going out and that excludes bonuses and the option on Ounas

3. We are doing nothing to increase our revenue and not investing in stadium and marketing

ADL claimed today that Ancelotti did not want Icardi but wanted Llorente. If that is the case ADL should also have given him James. Still I find surprising Ancelotti was happy with Llorente and Milik. So no excuses for him.

17. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Apparently Callejon rejected the first contract renewal proposal.

On this one I'm with ADL, if Mertens and Callejon are not ready to take pay cuts then it is best that we move on. Seeing as Callejon is on 3mil, if we can bring that down to 1.5m that would be ideal, Mertens is on 4mil and him too if we can bring down to 1-5-2mil that would be good for us.

If I read another rumour about an Insigne contract renewal I'm gonna lose it

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Italian Messi should be the highest paid player in Serie A.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  19. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    italian messi o cazz

Sacki repped this.
  20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Is increasing the revenue a matter of such simplicity?

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  21. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree that we had the money and could've done better.

For the increasing revenues and investing in stadium, are other clubs in Italy finding it easy to increase their revenues and buy their own stadium?

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’d like to know if Udinese is making money from theirs.

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Don't degrade Insigne's name like that

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It really is... But I don't think it's smart to do now as I think this team is gonna decline.
    I don't care what anyone says, I don't belive in ancelotti... We have a decent squad, but the manager is a dinosaur
    Manolas and K2 as the two CBs and we play with a deep line?! The 2 fastest CBs arguibly in the world and we invite the opponent in our penalty box?!
    We should just go back to the sarri style and get a new coach
    We also need Jorginho back, dumbest decision in Napoli history to let him go, literally orchestrated both verbally and technically everything both ways.
    But it's okay we kept the true leader insigne

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ronaldo missed 8 serie a games last season... They didn't really need him cause we always were so far behind

CarecaNapoli repped this.