Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Either one of them would help Napoli tomorrow if they were inserted in the line-up. Bennacer is 21. To me that's a good long term solution

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I haven't watched him closely enough to say. I've always thought he was a solid player. Giuntoli wanted him also last season

3. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Damn, man. You're like me with Roma's roster - except your players are actually pretty good.

I'm surprised to read as much dislike for Insigne as I have. I obviously don't follow the club as closely as you lot, but he always looks really good when I see him. I'd personally hold onto him.

From the good players you listed, I'd saying moving on from Mertens would be the smart play. It's just wise business to cash out while you can with 30+-year-olds, and Milik seems to be finding his footing.

Allan's an interesting one. If PSG wants to overpay, I'd consider it. He's obviously a good player, but replacing his skill-set isn't supremely difficult and there's typically a short shelf-life on those types of midfielders. Eventually, he'll fall off a cliff, and it's always better to sell a season too soon, than a season too late.

It's always super hard for me to gauge what Napoli will do in the transfer market. A well-run club financially speaking, though. I'll give you that.

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne never had the personality to be a “bandiera” type player. When he plays bad, the crowd is extra harsh on him because he’s a local. They were never that mean to Hamsik who would go missing for games. I would love for him to stick around and redeem himself , but I think it’s best for his career if he left. A new environment will do him good.

CarecaNapoli and RichardBarker repped this.
  5. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, I always found that weird. It's the exact opposite in other places.

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or its because he takes on stupid shots all the time that we all know he will miss. Then he misses easy as goals. Its not because he is a local guy its because people expected alot from him because of his Pescara daysl

RichardBarker repped this.
  7. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    He's a good player, world class if on form. Problem is this "world class form" seldom last for a few months. Then long period of mediocre to poor performance. This has been the case every season. Could be physical, could be mental, who knows?

The problem is mismatched expectation.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Napoli has a better squad than Roma. I never understood why Roma pays very high salaries to average players.

Mertens will bring Napoli less tthan 20 million while Insigne could bring over 70 million. Insigne is on 5 million plus salary and Mertens on 2.5 million. If he takes a pay cut I rather renew Mertens.

Mertens is the key culture career in this team. In my view Koulibaly is the captain but Mertens is very important.

Insigne is at times world class, but he is moody and he cannot cope with the pressure at Napoli. Like Higuain he has also reached the conclusion that under ADL he will not win trophies because he won't invest. So he wants to leave.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7159 CarecaNapoli, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    I think Insigne will leave. Would love to swap him with Icardi.

Add Hamsik 20M, Allan 70M, Diawara 25M, Hysaj 25M, Mario Rui 10M, Verdi 20M, Inglese 15M, Ounas 10M and a few others and we will already have 200M on top of Icardi.

We can spend that on: Lozano 40M, Fornals 30M, Veretout 25M, Lazaro 20M, Grimaldi 30M, Andersen 30M, Lazzari 25M

LOZANO/Mertens - ICARDI/Milik
    Zilienksi/Younes - Fabian/FORNALS - VERETOUT/Rog - LAZARO/Callejon
    GREMALDI/Ghoulam - Koulibaly/Luperto - ANDERSEN/Maksimovic - LAZZARI/Malcuit
    Meret/Ospina

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There are some “insiders” that are claiming Ancelotti has convinced James Rodriguez to come to Napoli. Take it for what you will.

Others report that Icardi received an offer from Napoli for roughly 8 million a season and that the club got a “cold response” wtv that means. Tancredi Palmeri also reports that Icardi flat out rejected both Athletico Madrid and PSG in recent days. The theory is that he’s holding out for either Juve or Real

11. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #7162 RichardBarker, Apr 24, 2019
    Out of all the BS news reported by the Sports Media, this one surely takes the cake. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.calcionapoli24.it/notiz...ampions-il-portoghese-ha-chiesto-n399148.html

And I thought they couldn't be anymore ridiculous, just imaging things out of thin air. I guess if they keep reporting something, at least some scenarios will turn out to be true. If this really happens,ADL will get an unproven mid-table coach for sure to save some $$$. And I guess all of us knows who will be crying tears of joy should this happen.

12. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I'll take James Rodriguez. He's quality. But I am not sure if ADL will pay the price? Maybe he is the answer to our missing midfielder. Signing Icardi will be a huge mistake. Imagine all the drama and tantrums happening now with Insigne multiply by 10.

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They’re not saying that Ancelotti is leaving to Juve, they’re only saying that after Juve’s defeat to Ajax, CR asked Agnelli to hire Ancelotti. I think it’s totally believable since they are friends.

14. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I know. I mean even this is pure speculation. I don't believe any news reporting this player or this coach said this said that unless we hear directly from the person. However, I won't rule out Ancelotti leaving if a bigger club comes calling for him or he got fedup with ADL.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility.

I think it’s way too soon for Ancelotti to leave. Next season might be a different story

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ospina’s father confirmed on the radio this morning that James asked him basic information on Napoli. So safe to say some discussions are being had.

James, Fornals, etc. We are being linked with players who are more attacking threats from the middle rather than the wing. A change of strategy in respect to Sarri’s ways.

Also the rumours are very hot on Real Madrid wanting K2

17. Brandon0921

Brandon0921 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 18, 2017
    I agree. There is no one in the middle of the pitch to distribute the ball with Hamsik out of the squad, yet they continue to focus on bringing in wingers. The team as a whole passes poorly in my opinion. We need a playmaker in the middle of the park to thread the ball into the final 3rd.

18. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I'm concern about this if true. Real need a long term replacement for Sergio Ramos who will turn 34 next season and given their poor results this season + Zidane's back will mean they will be out in the market to strengthen the squad.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't mind getting central midfeilders. Fabian and Zielinski are better on the wings.

I also don't mind selling Koulibaly if we get Andersen and Mancini and two top fullbacks (maybe Grimaldi and Milinkovic).

We need a new start with young hungry players.

This could be a team to win titles.

LOZANO/Mertens - ICARDI/Milik
    Zilienksi/Younes - JAMES/FORNALS - VERETOUT/Rog - Fabian/Callejon
    GREMALDI/Ghoulam - ANDERSEN/Luperto - MANCINI/Maksimovic - MILINKOVIC/Malcuit
    Meret/Ospina

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Report: Napoli to sell Insigne
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Napoli will reportedly sell Lorenzo Insigne this summer - and the forward would have no shortage of suitors.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Insigne’s relationship with Napoli has broken after their fans turned on him once more against Arsenal last week.

In turn, the Partenopei are ‘ready’ to move on from their captain, who remained a substitute during their 2-1 defeat to Atalanta and is valued at ‘no less than €70m’.

The newspaper explains Liverpool, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain are the clubs at the front of the queue for the 27-year-old.

However, Sport Mediaset does not rule out interest from Bayern Munich, who need replacements for Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, and Inter.

The Nerazzurri are being tipped to sell Mauro Icardi this summer and Napoli wanted him to replace Gonzalo Higuain in 2016, fuelling talk of a possible swap.

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli have reiterated more than once that Koulibaly is not for sale and that Ancelotti will chain himself to Castelvolturno if he is sold!

Everything depends on how bad Real want k2. I think they can twist ADL's arm if they offer a huge sum + players

22. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    If they give us Isco + Carvajal in return, maybe...

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7174 CarecaNapoli, Apr 24, 2019
    He won’t be sold. But with that money we could revolutionize the squad.

I think Insigne and Allan will leave. It’s a shame but no point in holding on to players that are mentally not there.

For 140M we can get players who will perform better than them in the second half of the season.

I don’t mind anyone. We should give Ancelotti money to get his own players. If buys young players it is a future investment.

One of our best games this season was the home win against Lazio without Koulibaly, Allan, Hamisk and Insigne.

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lorenzo is going to become the new Cerci.