Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    What's the difference? We are also making top 4 only now. And have not won anything in ages. Not even a Copa.

2. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Allan k2 and insigne(without his ego) stay and we buy Lozano and a proper defender we can be competitive for Scudetto.Also we need real Ghoulam too

3. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    That will be the ideal situation. Real Ghoulam will be back. Give it time.

To be truely competitive with Juve, we still need other reinforcement esp on the bench. We see Juve keep winning games even when like half their starting 11 is out injured. That's because they have this deep bench.

Can't see this happening ( ie spending $$$ to build a strong bench ) with ADL to be honest.

Bedelcigil repped this.
  4. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what do you think about Duvan Zapata? Is he can be a star this time if we buy him or is he an another Immobile?

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    He's actually our player in the past but lacked opportunity under Sarri because of Higuain. But to buy him back now may cost us a lot but I am fine with getting him also. Either him or Immobile. Marginally prefer Immobile because I think he can do much better ( assuming no injuries ) to score goals with a steady supply of service than what Lazio can provide.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one cares about Copa. We have not won a proper title in 30 years.

Sacki and Bedelcigil repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADL will never but him for over double the price he sold him.

Piatek is so good. He will not leave Milan after 6 months.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The biggest problem with ADL is that he is not investing in infrastructure.

We have no stadium or proper facilities. The club looks like a provincial club.

He needs to go if we want to progress.

9. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    But how? If a player or a coach is not performing, the club can force them out. But in this case, there is no way to "force" an owner out. Unless he wants to sell.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never said there is a way. Just said he needs to for us to progress.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What has Zaniolo shown more than Insigne in 3/4 of 1 season vs. Insigne’s whole career?

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the Insigne thing is getting blown out of proportion. He’s being slaughtered by the fans for having said the same things Allan said this year. Even Hamsik said the same many times in the past decade. “If I receive a mega offer, I don’t know if I can say no”

People are ********ing stupid

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You dont see his potential is higher than Insigne's ? Where was Insigne at 19 ? He is also a better goal scoring threat and knows how to make some great passes. If Zaniolo keeps on the way he is going he will become italy's next great talent.

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dont have an issue with what Insigne said I just view him as a player that the team can lose and keep the rest of the harder positions to replace intact.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As for the health and future of the club, it’s like this;

- For all the talk of Napoli being financially healthy, the club closed 2018 in the Red with a loss of 6 million. I don’t expect 2019 to be much different. Probably be worse if we don’t sell any star. Also the payout for winning EL is modest.

- Since September, ADL has complained that the fans don’t spend money on tickets or merchandise. Average attendance has dropped THIRTEEN THOUSAND in one season. That’s ********ing massive.

- He said recently that “Someone could leave.” In an interview when asked about the upcoming Mercato. To me this signifies that he’s hinting in a mega sale. Who that player is remains to be seen

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Zaniolo and I agree that Zaniolo is going to be a good player. But you said he’s already shown more than Insigne which is retarded

Insigne has had a great career. Let’s not kid ourselves

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you blame the fans?

We have the worst stadium in Serie A and CL.

Even in Europa I have not seen us play in a more run down stadium.

18. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fans not showing up is on ADL. He has only himself to blame.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No it’s more than just having a bad stadium. We had a bad stadium for years and better attendances.

It’s about the ambition. The fans are desperate to win something and the owner is not. ADL made a decision that he isn’t going to bankrupt himself to chase Juventus. So from the start of the season there was a sense that we were just going to have to be content with 2-4

The fan base is demoralized. If we don’t win the EL, this has been the most pointless season since we came back to Serie A

CarecaNapoli and RichardBarker repped this.
  20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is no way we can over take Juve without a billion dollar owner.

21. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we need that owner.
    Our stadium is shit , our shirts are shit our summer camp is shit.Our marketing strategies are shit.what the hell is that ADL's image rights?The gap between juve and napoli is more than money.
    We are not looking like a top club.Stadium is ok but others? just unacceptable

indestructible and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think it's time for Insigne and Napoli to part. We need the money and he needs a different challenge - he is too comfortable here. + I don't blame him for wanting more money.
    I'm afraid the old Ghoulam is a product of Sarrismo, I don't see how he can get enough on the ball in Ancelotti's system - he was basically a midfield playmaker for Sarri... If we get a Callejon worker type on the LW I can see Ghoulam coming back.
    Why can't we just play 433 again?! It's not like Ancelotti never has played 433 - we can play 442 in the tougher games

Lozano-Milik/Mertens-Callejon/NEW
    Zielinski-Ruiz-Allan
    Ghoulam-k2(C)-NEW-hysaj
    Meret

Rui, Malcuit, Verdi, Ounas, Albiol, Ospina, Rog (he is too talented to sell for cheap imo), maks, gaetano

leaders: k2, mertens, callejon, albiol, allan

Buy: young st, Lozano, CB, CM

Sell: insigne, diawara, Chiriches + dead weight

this team can get 90 points - is it enough though?

Retrosword repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree, but facilities play a role too.

It all looks completely demoralising.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fully agree.

Look what Atletico has done. It's not just a title that brings ambition. Tottenham's situation is depressing too, but they have made other moves like stadium and investments that give fans more ambition.

We have very ugly shirts, so many ads on them, run down facilities, and a stadium that is by far the worst of any team in CL and Serie A.

Bedelcigil repped this.
  25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I agree that the image rights issue is weird and implausible, but I haven't researched the topic much so I can only ricochet off the general idea I have of it and your disapproval which is apparent. The stadium is a difficult problem and I personally find it very difficult to blame just DL. Anyone who has ever seen just a bit of politics from the inside, which is much more than the non-existent amount of information that people can usually perceive from the outside, would certainly not decide the issue so one-sidedly with such confidence.

Let's take PSG, for example. Their overall functioning is disgusting to any sober man, they have ransacked our vaults of players over and over again and for what? To win the French league? We would have done that with this team or the one before, if we were to switch places with them...

I still have faith in a sober approach, things often go wrong for a long time even if you invest shitloads of money, not to mention how unlucky we were, struggling more with our club mentality rather than player quality...