Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    After some time I am now watching a PL game, Chelsea vs. MU, and I have no idea how anyone can watch that league. It's so slow, unimaginative, lethargic and soporific. The goal was so lame that I would not allow it to be allowed, although it was a legit goal... On top of that, Lindeloff's defending was non-existent, he was just standing there as if he actually wasn't supposed to be on the pitch at all, like it was all a big mistake and he actually should have gotten a job where there is no movement, no dynamics. Chelsea has been a bit better but against such a team it is not at all impressive, as MU has been disastrous and terrible to say the least.

I am not one of those people who need to argue about which league is better and such, and honestly, I have never done that kind of thing in my entire life, but I have to say that I would rather watch one Napoli move in a loop of constant repetition forever than watch this game again just once. Hopefully the 2nd half will have at least some quality in it.

2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #6477 tripwire, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Did I just see the Spal keeper thrown out for throwing the extra ball out of the pitch too hard?

Roma looks bad

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's really an EPIC fail by Roma losing at home to SPAL lol

4. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    TBH.......other than Juve.......I really haven't been impressed with any of our competition. I think we finish at worst 2nd.

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, so far I have to agree, but there are still many games to go. Inter is the team that I think is the most capable out of all the competition, as they are often lucky and Spal at least seems to know what he's been doing, a little bit.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Genoa with a huge tie

7. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good job Genoa.

Let's take advantage

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our only real allies

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Cavani seems to have become opposed to playing in the PSG colors and he is opting for a move. I think that with his personality, if he came to Italy, Napoli would be the only option. However, in my opinion, Piatek would probably be the best choice, though he might be a bit more risky and perhaps even a bit more difficult to get, though that is still in the stars.

But we seem to have been concentrating on youth with potential, and especially, potential resale value. I like this concept, as we need to think long-term, even under the condition that we all want success ASAP. We don't want to end up like those winners who end up relegated immediately afterwards.

Cavani is now almost a granddaddy in football, and his position requires all the qualities that are influenced by age the most, as well as his style. Even if we did get him, we could expect two or three years in top form at most, if any. From my point of view, he does not guarantee success, and neither has he anything to offer for the future, long-term. Furthermore, in the end, there will probably be no real resale value, and PSG won't sell him under 50 or 60 million, on top of which he will probably ask for a salary similar to that of the revenue of the Rockefeller family. And tbh, I kind of resent the idea of him just waltzing back in as a much older man, after he has left us when we could have aspired to great heights with him in our team.

Piatek seems to be the healthier option, though I expect that to be a real business battle, and we definitely won't be the richest guys on the market, and Genoa probably sees inhumane money in Piatek, as they logically should after what he has done so far. Our good relations with Genoa could amount to sth at least, well, we will see, but Milik does not seem to offer enough and we will have to do sth, whatever that is.

10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We should've sold Diawara. Used that money to bring in a top striker. If we get an offer of even 40mil I'd take that and run, both Sarri in his last season and Ancelotti right now clearly don't rate him.

Maybe Genoa will lower the price for Piatek if we loan them Diawara

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im glad you are back.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Actually, Carlo has just stated in an interview that there is no difference between our play when Diawara is in and when Hamsik's in. But I don't think he meant it, probably just trying to boost Diawara's confidence, which is reasonable.

13. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I have always believed Ancelotti. Some here are so quick to write him off despite his reputation. The best thing I love about CA is his squad management. He actually makes use of the whole squad through rotation. That keeps all our players fresh for each game.

Retrosword repped this.
  14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought it was denied after.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In nay case we need to replace Milik and Hysaj and if Ghoulam, Younes and Meret come back in top form we can really challenge.

17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Was it? My bad.

Dembele apparently has been told by Barca to find a new club , and it looks PSG want him (naturally) , so I thought the rumour made some sense.

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I haven't heard about the denial, but the reports around the whole thing look like it's at least possible. Cavani's statement did not deny anything, though it did not confirm anything as well. Usually the players who are bound to another club respond harshly to such rumors, but Cavani hasn't done so.

Nonetheless, I don't really like the idea of him coming back. Those comebacks always piss me off. But that's probably cos I'm one of those loyal mother********ers, who see loyalty as something divine, and a breach of it as final. Loyalty is Hamsik, Cavani was sth lesser, so if he wants to waltz back into our ranks, well, he better give us the title, for I will judge hardly even the shortest instances of bad form in his case. He will come, probably take more money than even the most loyal and faithful of our players, and if he doesn't perform I'll kick him in the nuts.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    He was weak when we played against him and he'll only be on the top of his game for another 2 years max cuz of his style which is physically demanding.

I'd rather we keep looking elsewhere.

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I'm thinking the same. I think it was DL who said that Cavani is the type of player that can play until he is 40, but I'm not sure I believe it. If it was DL, he said that he has that overall physical and mental composition of those who age very slowly and their physique stays true for a very long time. He has known Cavani for a long time and watched him even more, yet I still think it's a gamble, though there are such people who can last, just like there are those players who spend most of their careers injured...

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Hysaj is currently the biggest problem in the squad.

Diawara, Rog and Milik have a lot to prove.

22. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Hysaj isn't even a problem though ... He's solid, okay fair he doesn't provide much offensively but defensively he rarely makes mistakes. Ofcourse there is better but you tell me who's a better option that is also affordable.

I want Barella

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree. He is horrible defensively.

Retrosword repped this.
  24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Horrible is a bit of a hyperbole, in my opinion. He is decent but every now and again he gets played like a little boy, which is a bit sad to watch whenever it happens. But overall his defensive contribution is solid and consistent, thus I would not really choose the word 'horrible' to describe his game, as I don't think he deserves such harsh treatment. He has given us a lot and he has never been a screaming twat, and I respect that.

25. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I won't call Hysaj horrible as this is a bit over-board, but no doubt he is a limited average player. He defends well generally speaking but a times, his mistakes exposed us to danger and lead to us conceding unnecessary goals. He offered little offensive capability when we attack and his stats highlight this weakness, with no goals and not more than 2 assist per season since he joined Napoli is really poor even for a right-back. While he works hard and is a good squad player to have, we can actually do better with an upgrade in this position.