Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You cannot change what you love but I want Sarri and Jorginho to win.

Of course you are right regarding other seasons. But we could be in a situation where in the first week of October we are out of both things that were our objective. That was not the case in previous years.

Of course ADL is to blame and not Ancelotti. Today the keeper and wingbacks lost us the game and these are positions we should have strengthened. But Ancelotti has come out in defense of ADL saying he has created a very competitive team. So if we fall behind 6 points at this stage and fail to beat Liverpool then Ancelotti takes blame because he is publicly defending ADL. How can we attack ADL when our coach says this is the squad he wanted?

Sacki repped this.
  2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    There is no way you can say by October we are out of both race. Things can happen esp in the league. Though chances are very low we can hope to win anything but just compare Juve Squad + Ronaldo and look at number of class players they have? No way we can compare. Pjanc vs Fiabian Ruiz? Ronaldo against Hysaj? I can count our number of "semi-world class" players with less than the finger on one hand.

I don't know in real life you are your own boss or you work for others. But coaches do not go on public to criticize their own club owner or management about squad failings and demand improvement. If need be these concerns are always made in private otherwise this will just invite media speculation and he will be quickly shown the exit door. An experienced coach like CA must have spot the areas of weakness ( hence his rotation to try to bring up other players ) but his hands are tied if bloody ADL doesn't want to spend.

If you have a better coach than CA that is available, in both experience and achievement, please suggest. Other wise, we should throw our support to our current coach and stop making these endless comparison with Sarri. By all records, compared to Sarri's first season, I think CA did an adequate job so far. Even Sarri didn't manage to win at Juventus stadium until his 3rd season. In this particular match, Juve got ahead with a luck bounce off the post for the 2nd goal. If we didn't went down to 10, we probably won't concede the 3rd goal.

If CA resigned in frustration, which is not impossible due to ADL, we will be in real trouble. ADL will get another non-name mid-table coach to fill in and we will start to really linger in mid-table mediocrity rather than being top 3 in the league. By then we will whine about how good life was under CA.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right in all you say. I don’t want Ancelotti to leave. But he has to stop goong out of his way to thank ADL for what he has done with the squad.

Anyway ADL fired Sarri for not winning the lague and doing better in CL. All I am saying is it needs to be pointed out now that we may potentially know in October that we cant’t do this year either.

In my view neither Sarri nor Ancelotti has the tools to compete. But Ancelotti says ADL has given him everything needed to win.

Anyway hope you get my point.

4. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I got it. But I think Ancelotti is one of those older generation coaches which give a lot of deference to his superior. So he might be saying this out of political correctness. Surely in private he must have raised options to strengthen the squad to ADL.

I am not convinced like what some here said that Ancelotti come here for the pay cheque only and for retirement, and risk ruining his legacy. Anyway, we shall see in the months to come. So far this season, there are promising signs but we remain a team in transition.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #6430 Sacki, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    My problem is simple - he is changing too much. Just play the same team and put Ruiz in Jorginho's old position.
    Yes, Ruiz isn't as disciplined as Jorginho yet, but they both remind of each other in the way they used to play in their former clubs before joining Napoli. We already have a great and deep midfield, don't know why Ancelotti messes with that.
    What we truly need imo. is a pacy player up front since Callejon and arguably Ounas are our only fast'ish forwards, and questions can be asked whether they are good enough to compete for the big silverware.
    I still regret how we couldn't sign a proper RW talent.

It is also terrible management not to sell Diawara and Hysaj if bids of 50 mill. were genuine.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We won't play 4-3-3 and after Jorginho I am good with that.

Play

------------Insigne / Mertens ----- NEW / Milik-------------
    Zielinski / Verdi----Fabian / Diawara ---Allan / Rog ---Callejon/Ounas
    Ghoulam / Rui---KK / Luperto --Albiol / Mak---NEW / Malcuit
    -------------------------Meret / Karnezis---------------------------------

Sell Hamsik, Younes, Hysaj and buy a proper striker and right back. Feel only right side could be strengthened.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't we have game forums anymore?

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Is Meret ready to play against Liverpool? Dont think so...

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At least out another month.

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We do

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven’t seen a game thread for weeks.

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Il Ciuccio repped this.
  13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Odd. These don’t show up on my home page for weeks. I can’t see it. So we had them for other games too?

Can see it now if I click show ignored content.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can I fix it?

15. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Use another internet browser?

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just off that it still shows as ignored threads. All game threads. Very bizarre

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meret now out until mid November.

It was stupid to buy this guy. He was injured all of last year. ADL was so greedy hoping he can make good money on Meret that he ignored everything.

We could have bought Perin for half the money.

18. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Agree. Silly buy.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He does lol.

It's one thing to say nice things about us when we were paired in the same group as Man City but he seems to go out of his way to praise us lol

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We will be his retirement project.

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OK Juve comfortably winning again. We have no chance at the league.

Also everywhere they play it is sold out.

23. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Because the majority of Italians are glory hunting losers.

JCNapoli17 and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve has virtually no competition. It’s the New York Cosmos all over again!

Twice in a lifetime?

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It has become so boring that Allegri said we have to set new targets like clean sheets.

I can only see Inter getting a result against them this year.