Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought we want him as a striker. He cant play everywhere. In my view Mertens is best deployed on the left.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our transfer looks nothing like how Juve will look.

Their attack is Dybala, Ronaldo, Douglas Costa with guys like Mandzukic, Cuadrado and Bernadeschi on the bench.

In midfield they also have people like Pjanic, Matuidi, Marchisio, Khedeira, Can and others.

I am even worried about Inter.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who cares at this point. ADL is not going to drop money to win the league when a top 4 finish is enough for that CL.

It is what it is. This club is run like a business and it makes no sense to drop big ass money on winning the league when 1st through 4th gets you the same thing.

4. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    +1

And knowing what Juve have, he would need to spend what to compete?

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If a player of Mertens quality is restricted to crossing I'm boycotting football.
    It was pain enough seeing him play RW/RWB/RB at the world cup

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nainggolan: "My toughest opponent? I'd say Jorginho. He always plays in small spaces, with one-metre passes. It's difficult to keep up with him or to try to cut out his passes. You get very tired because he distributes the ball very quickly yet he remains practically still".

gonna miss jorgi so much. :-(
    Man would it have been great if had got nainggolan back in the day too

11plavih and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree but then we should build a stadium.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Out of curiosity, are you changing your avatar now that Jorginho has left?

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    probably... thinking about Rog or Fabian... not too sure

11plavih repped this.
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well if you want that then stop wanting adl to spend on players lol

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nooooo.

We will miss his face.

Sacki repped this.
  12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I always said economic sacrifices should be made to build a stadium. Without it we will just fall behind. If you read my posts the main criticism is stadium and facilities and something for the future.

My transfer criticism of ADL is more about him making promises and then not delivering. If he does not do that and says we have no money I understand.

Whatever we buy now is a waste of money anyway given where Juve is. Last year was different. Sarri had a one time chance and ADL did not spend. Same as the winter of 2 years ago. But the summer we bought Milik, Rog, Diawara, Zielinski and Maksimovic I was happy, just annoyed we got Milik and not Immobile. I wrote that here. But if we don’t invest in stadium I want us to spend money on players this war. ADL’s family members make more on Napoli boards than some players.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The mother decker broke his arm you week boned northern sack of shit.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He will be a liability. Injured all of last year as well.

A Watford sub will now start our season.

15. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
  16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reina wanted a two year contract. ADL wanted to give him one year. I still preferred Areloa with a young keeper with potential.

Meret was injured all of last year and is unproven. Karnezis was a sub at Watfford. Poor planning.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was reading what pundits were saying.

Most say right now Napoli’s market has been disappointing and that ADL is only focuing on Ancelotti. They say Napoli lost their star in Jorginho so at least two stars are needed, one to replace him and one to strengthen the team.

18. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah.........I mean basically Juve, Inter, Roma got better.

Did we? We lost our best player and I don't think the people we brought in currently makes up for that.

I guess the one takeaway is we were so far ahead of the 3rd place team last season. So maybe they closed the gap but we are still good enough for 2nd.

I do think Juve is going to win this thing by more than 4 points tho.

19. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't know, there's a lot of "experts" everywhere these days, but in these waters they are often wrong, for this is not like the job of an engineer or a scientist, where the hypotheses are transformed into general truths based on axiomatic facts, but in this field of "expertise" there's a lot of guesswork destined to remain just that.

Ancelloti seems to be pretty satisfied with the squad at the moment, and we still can improve it a bit, as we have not yet lost every second of valuable time, have we? I admit that in order to keep the discussion flowing we have to make these guesses, but sts I get the feeling that some people take their guesses too seriously.
    I personally find it pretty strange that Napoli fans choose to take the guesses of those who do not have firsthand knowledge of the team as it is not more seriously rather than the guesses of smn like Ancelloti, who probably qualifies as the biggest expert of all and is actually the one who works with the current team every day. The question is, how quickly will he change his mind? Will it be after a couple of losses, or will we actually do so well that he will not need to change his mind?

If I ask a doctor to operate on me and he succeeds, now that is an expert, but in football even the greatest and most experienced experts can be wrong. After seeing Mbappe at the World Cup I think that getting him would be a really great move, but I can't imagine any possibility of any team selling that guy.

Anyway, we have a good team even as it is now, a great coach, and still we have time to improve a bit, so let's hope that we will. The project is strong and I would like Ancelloti to stay with us even if we do not succeed this season, for as it is now it looks like the players that we got have their heart located in Naples, so let's try and keep it that way and continue moving forward. Forza Napoli!

20. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The thing is while Ancelloti is obviously the expert and obviously has first hand knowledge that fans won't have, he's also undoubtedly bias as well.

I don't expect him to come out and say "well yeah Juventus got better and we didn't" even if he actually believed that to be the case. That just sends a horrible message to the team and fans to basically concede a season before the pre season even begins.

As fans, I think we can be a bit more reasonable about expectations here. We have a great team here. We just had the best season in our history and put up 91 points. And they can IMPROVE upon that number this year IMO.

But Juventus also got better. You can't add Ronaldo and not improve. I think going into the season it would be silly to think otherwise.

21. 11plavih

11plavih Member

Oct 17, 2017
    There is possibility for player exchange Callejon for Suso.

Rabiot most probably will end up in Barcelona :(

Sacki repped this.
  22. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Everybody is biased in one way or another, or if not everybody, then most people.

Well, nobody expects him to come out and declare such a thing, however, I think with his experience and the amount of success he has amassed he should have the tendency to speak his mind. So far, he has expressed himself that it is not the price that determines the quality of a player, but the quality itself, just after he had said that our players are strong. Perhaps it was just a pleasant word to the fans to keep them excited, but I don't think it was all just lies or proper etiquette.

Everybody knows that Juventus is Juventus, their turnover, their stadium, their history, everything is on their side, but Ancelloti said that's what we want to try and defeat, and he tried not to concentrate on the facts that are obvious, that is, the fact of Juventus' quality exceeding ours, but he rather decided to concentrate on the fact that sts even those teams can be beaten.

I think that he knows the reality. He knows that our team is pretty strong, considering the circumstances and the reality, and therefore he said that it will be difficult to improve the team, knowing that in our case it is almost impossible to buy smn like Ronaldo. But Ronaldo is just a player, he's a very good player, but he definitely cannot provide Juventus with a hundred percent guarantee of success. We should stay passionate and optimistic, I mean, the fact that Juventus are the shark on the market is nothing new, so why do we keep expecting so much? Let's just try and fight them like we are supposed to, hoping that we can do it with that which we have. That's my attitude, I wouldn't like us to become like Juve, because I just don't like the way they operate as a whole. Hopefully with Carlo we will continue on our path to healthy success.

cipro repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We had Sarri and dropped out of all cup competition.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ancelotti could see this as his retirement plan. Fact is our first team is weaker. Ghoulan is still injured and Karnezis starts in goal. You can’t tell me Fabian Ruiz is an upgrade on Jorginho and Verdi is slightly better than Callejon.

Ancelotty is getting 4.5 million a season. Why would he care? He has won it all.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we get Suso for Callejon that would be a massive upgrade. Then we just need to dump Milik and get a striker and we can at least hope.