Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #3851 Sacki, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    If Zielinski, Allan, jorginho, milik and diawara can sit on the bench a few times so can Callejon.
    I'm personally not a big fan of Hysaj. imo Hysaj seems like the kind of player a club like napoli (a top italian club atm) would have on the bench. no offence to hysaj.

Dont be fooled by how we ended the season a lot of the teams we played didnt have much to play for, and we were chasing Roma. Add that Mertens, insigne and callejon all performed at their career best. So it isnt given we'll start next season how we left the last one.

Nobody is asking for stars, people just want one, maybe two, good players.

EDIT: I think Sarri's strength is fulfilling players' potential rather than making average players play above average. Average players cannot play Sarri football.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Giak and Maggio have to be replaced. Callejon needs a decent replacement and ideally an improvement and Hysaj struggles against top players and was very exhausted all season because Maggio needs to go.

The bigger picture is building a stadium. We will fall behind very quickly if we don't plan. The Milan clubs have a lot of money. Roma is building a stadium.

3. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I agree that Sarri can fulfill player's potential but the same can be said for making average to good players even better, see Mertens, Dries. That's not saying Mertens didnt show talent before Sarri.

As for the whole buying players, I wouldnt expect any player costing more than 10-15 million to be bought unless its a keeper worth more like Leno. ADL won't spend if there is no guaranteed Champions League. Hopefully Koulibaly stays, that would murder this team if he went to Chelsea

Sacki repped this.
  4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    team is well set up, we were great in the 2nd half of the season, just need some small upgrades, no need to overhaul team.

Reina stays great, if not, find someone else. Get another RB and maybe a RW and let team grow together. We'll see what Aurelio'$ plans are though

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is what we are all saying.

But we need to invest in a stadium. We will fall behind in a few years if we do not invest now.

Sacki repped this.
  6. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If we qualify for the CL, we're probably gonna earn over €100 million from just the 2 seasons in Europe alone. Not counting other revenue. It's going to start looking even more ridiculous to more fans if we don't do something with the stadium. I'd be surprised if ADL & the city council keep up their bullshiit for another year. It's not like ADL is going to make a 4th place finish the goal of every season, while he cashes in :(o_O:eek:.

7. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Apparent 17 million bid for Meret, very happy about this

Danijel and Sacki repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Go italian for goalkeepers...

9. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we have pavo and zapata as bargaining chips. They're the type of players midtable teams would go crazy for

AvantiNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  10. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He is Italian

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i know he is lol

Danijel and AvantiNapoli repped this.
  12. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't know much about Meret, but he sounds promising from what I've read. He looks very aggressive in attacking the ball from what I've seen from his highlights. This scouting report, from last year, said that he's good with both feet.
    http://socialfootballtv.com/2016/08/01/social-scouting-alex-meret/

Our GK situation might be solved if Reina calms down & agrees a 2-year deal and takes Meret under his wing.

I wish we were looking at players like Palermo LB Giuseppe Pezzella. He played in the U-20 Cup & has just been called up to the U-21 squad to replace Murru in the tournament next week. He's born in Napoli. We could buy him for maybe 1-3 million and loan him back to Palermo.

It looks like Alex Berenguer might be our first signing. From whoscored, it looks like he's more of a RB or a LB, than a Callejon replacement. He played 9 games as a RB, 6 games as a LB & 7 games on the wing. Interesting to see what's Sarri is up to.

Retrosword, Sacki and AvantiNapoli repped this.
  13. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah his whoscored profile makes him look very versatile. He could be that utility player we always needed who can play defence and midfield, like our own padoin/florenzi. We could do with someone like that off the bench definitely

14. anthonymario

anthonymario Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Danijel, Sacki and cipro repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a great page

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Everton want Duvan lol. its pay day boys

18. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A 4-2-3-1 to suit our attacking players sounds promising and potentially devastating for any team facing us. How would a 2 man midfield work though with hamsik in there? He is poor defensively and would need a defensive anchorman covering him. It means Jorgy won't get as much game time because he'll need his partnering mid to track back.

----------------------------------Reina(Meret)-------------------------------
    Hysaj(De Sciglio)-----Albiol(Mak)----K2(Tonelli)-----Ghoulam(Strinic)
    -------------Diawara(Jorginho)-------Hamsik(Rog/Allan)--------------
    Callejon(Ounas)---------Mertens(Zielinski)---------Insigne(Berengeur)
    ------------------------------Milik(Pavoletti)--------------------------------

I hope we loan out Leandrinho too

19. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I wouldn't do a 4-2-3-1 in Italy, doesn't work, Rube abandoned it in CL and in Italy they have 2 additional wingers and midfielder

20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    There has to be some other alternative to fit mertens insigne milik onto the pitch without removing callejon. I think Sarri could utilise a 4-2-3-1 well unlike allegri who'd be more static with positions. I think a team with our attacking potential could do wonders with all our best attackers on the pitch, so its definitely worth a few trials. Nothing risky for the CL playoff though which is mid august i think

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am against changing tactics and sacrificing our midfiledres in lrder to play Pavoletti.

22. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Theres no mention of pavo being anywhere near the starting line up, he can get sold for all i care (with a replacement being bought in). We can't bench mertens nor can we restrict Miliks development. Rotating them 50/50 will just hinder both

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mertens is the main player. Milik currently does not deserve a starting position. We cannot sacrifice everything ao Milik develops.

Milik has not proven how good he is.

24. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He's a 32 million investment, its up to us too to help his development if we spent so much money on him. You don't pay that much to let him rot on the bench. Also his fine form before he got injured shows he can deliver, scoring in crucial games vs Milan and dynamo kiev.

25. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    with Dani Alves going to Man Cs, DeSciglio will go to Rube , as will Donnarumma

not sure who we are looking at for RB

maybe Berenguer can backup both Hysaj and Callejon?

Sarri has blocked the sale of Chirches to Galatadaray

Tnelli looks to be going to Toro

Reina not only says he wants to stay but also wants a role at the club after he retires

Looks we are serious about Meret