Napoli - Serie A Game Thread - 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry im being harsh. He was part of the special 3 tenors we once had those were the best years ever.

Euphorius Thor and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zurich is struggling in switzerland too. They are a weak team.

Allan is not a creative guy.

Sacki and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Hamsik's statistics had been impressive for a whole number of seasons before he left, averaging more than 10 goals per season as a midfielder while also providing us with assists and build-up moves.

There are a lot of factors to consider in order to analyze it properly and reach a conclusion. We are just blabbering about whatever feels right at the moment...

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hamsik form is on a decline. We sold him at the best time. The “bandiera” ideology is long gone it’s unfortunate but it is what it is.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It is gone for some, but nor for all. There are those who have the courage to think differently and never subjugate their judgment to another's will. His form wasn't as good as we had been used to, although his position and other things did change, but he was still a very valuable player and could have been one for at least 2 or 3 more years. Who know, perhaps he would have gotten used to the new position even more with time.

I respect your opinion, but simultaneously I refuse to accept it as an undeniable fact.

What I will miss the most about Hamsik is his passion for team-play. Many of our players often play bad along with playing individually. Hamsik also played bad every once in a while, but I was always the one to sooner forgive a misplaced pass then a shot, or a trick. In his last match with us, I think that which I speak of was plainly visible, that he had the habit of choosing a pass over a shot in 9 cases out of 10. I liked that a lot.

However, now we have a different team, and I hope the youngsters will step up, for now is the time to either step the fu*k up, or step the fu*k off.

PS: Juve failed badly in CHL, but then again, nobody wants to play Atletico. It was great to see them getting punished for the thoroughly boring football they've been playing, and it should have been 3:0... Stupid VAR and the referee, no comment... It's too bad that there is no other Italian team that can punish Juve like that, damn it's so sad and lame.

6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Juve has the best squad in Europe. It's just their coach isn't even top 10 in the world. Allegri is a top 4 side coach but no where near good enough to win the Champions League. However far Juventus go it's due to the strength of the players not cuz of the coach

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldnt say that Allegri is good id love him at Napoli. He is just using old players who like to play games on the field. VAR is creating diving defenders when before Forwards would be the ones making dives for PK's.

8. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't want him anywhere near Napoli unless he's on the opposing teams bench.

9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What a sly free kick by Milik

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good goal but Milik is our weakest player. Callejon is also not that good.

These are the two we need to replace.

11. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    yes a guy with 13 goals in the league is weakest

12. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rui and Hysaj are by far the weakest and most inconsistent of all

13. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yes the weakest at 14 and counting LOL

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Take goals out. What does he actually do? He should be a joker and not starter.

Where is Amin Younes?

Sacki repped this.
  15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    His job is to score

"Take goals out"...what?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  16. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I prefer seeing Ounas and Verdi over Insigne and Mertens tbh. The latter 2 have been garbage recently (exc the Zurich game). Let the youth blossom

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You don’t get it. We create the most chances in the league and he scores far too little. I don’t want him gone but to challeneg Juve we need a world class striker.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mertens was very good today. He just needa to score.

We look so much better when Insigne is not playing.

Sacki repped this.
  19. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Really? He lost the ball alot, like nearly every time. He was great on Thursday but was dispossessed too much today. His shooting isnt as good as it once was either

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    "his job is to score" would have been fine 30 years ago, but the way football has developed a player like Milik just isn't a good enough striker for a serie A challenger - I would go as far as to say he isn't good enough for a top 4 side. He has nothing to his game other than good shots when he's in balance, on his left and the weather has to be perfectly aligned too.
    When was the last time he did anything good (let alone score) against any good teams?
    He can't even hold up play due to terrible technique, especially his first touches are catastrophic.

There is simply too much to the game for Milik to keep up.

He only scores because he is on the better team most the time

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  21. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Then why can't Insigne and/or Mertens score more than him? I mean they're far superior and play on the better team as well. LOL

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    They dont have the same hunger to score against shit teams and score meaningless goals when we are already 2-0 up. In fact they both score more than milik when it matters

and theyre not even strikers. I cant even talk to you if you dont think Napoli have the worst number 9 in top 5

23. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    So those guys only save their goals for better teams? LOL

Now I get it.

24. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Fan Bias.

Do you have the stats to backup your claim that Milik score far too little?

Comparing top three scorers in the league

Ronaldo - 19 goals till date / 1 goal per 113 mins / 8 assist
    Piatek - 18 goals till date / 1 goal per 105 mins / zero assist
    Milik - 14 goals till date / 1 goal per 103 mins / 1 assist

I do not like Milik too because of his lack of pace and being basically a poacher. But he has done a lot to convince me in recent games especially this is the 1st season he was given a good run of games. He can't involved much in build-up play but it looks like he is the only one to take his chances and consistently score and to deny this is being just biased. It is pointless to create chance if our forwards cannot convert them. So he does have his plus points and I will not deny him due credit.

I will be fully convinced if he can score against a big team which in my memory he has yet to do so. Juve will be a good test.

Not sure if I will say Allegri is not top 10. A lousy coach will not get the team into two UCL finals regardless of squad quality. Even last season they were knocked out due to a dubious penalty decision.

Milik has to start for the game against Juve because Mertens is out of form ( can't even remember when he last scored ). Watch Allegri attempt to man-mark Milik out of the game which is technically not difficult as he's too slow.

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #100 Sacki, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Did you see how Milik looked against Milan? Thats all you need to know.
    Mertens and Insigne both can score in big games, I dont recall Milik doing that ever.

People on this forum... you write LOL? How about you elaborate?
    Can he turn fast? no
    Can he hold on to the ball? No
    Is he fast? no
    Is his weaker foot the slightest bit useful? No
    Is he strong? Nothing remarkable
    Is he good in the air? Partly, he has decent technique on his head but isn't very athletic or physical which is needed to get just that tiny bit of a headstart running into the box or winning the 1v1 jostle in the air for the ball
    Is he creative? Not the slightest
    Can he pass? Hell no
    Is he hard to close down? No
    Do defenders see him as a handful/does he have "presence"? No
    Does he win (flick on) long balls passed to him? Not really

Conclusion: even a donkey can see he has many weaknesses

If you start comparing Milik to Higuain, I'm going to bed