News: Napoli Europa League 2018/2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Where will we finish?

1. R32 Exit

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. R16 Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quarter Final Exit

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Semi Final Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Finalist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Winner

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I watch EPL also, and Arsenal is better. Losing 0-3 in two legs further emphasised that fact. Place Juve in that league and they'd be fighting with Tott, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man U for third at best.

RichardBarker and indestructible repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the problem with you. I will not respond because you told me to ******** off. You also did that after the CL exit.

I have no problems with opposing views. Bash whoever you want at Napoli.

But when you make it personal against others here, you do not deserve my time.

If you apologise, I don’t hold grudges.

Now your fake fan stuff is just a joke. Everyone here knows me well. I have been a Napoli fan since before we got bankrupt and watch all games at any cost, even skip meetings and move flights around. You really act like Donald Trump with such accusations. Even if I am not a real fan, who are you to judge? How can you know how I feel? If you want to debate do that, but accusing is childish and using foul language is out of line.

I also find it sad, when Napoli fans attack other Napoli fans for having opposing views. People like you destroy the unity among fans. That is wrong.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So did Genoa with 10 men and Empoli as well.

PL is more physical but Italy if you take this year out with much less money had actually done as well. Look at the coefficient.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Liverpool are the biggest joke.

Team just based on physicality and luck. They represent everything I despise about football.

We completely bossed them around in Naples and only lost the return game because of mental issues.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The two legs said everything. If you want to delude yourself that we are better team go ahead.

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #431 Sacki, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    If this team is capable of beating a Liverpool team that had won like 15 PL games in a row or something it is also strong enough to beat Arsenal. Don't forget what these set of players did to PSG.

The players have adopted more to Ancelotti's style now than before, and that's the problem since it's outdated and he is incompetent. He always had a silver spoon in his mouth till now.

I personally couldn't care less if Carlo got fired today or in 5 years - he and ADL have killed every tiny hope I had to see Napoli thrive on the big scene.

I really don't understand the support for Ancelotti on this forum. Don't let your perception blind you.

Insigne4BalonD'or and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still hope he can do something next year but I am not expecting it.

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are you trying to tell me we are better than Arsenal based on the home Liverpool result? Liverpool are in the semis of the CL and neck and neck with City in the richest league in Europe. For us, when the season was on the line and we had everything to play for vs. Arsenal, we got outclassed in two games. You are still not able to tell me why is it the Ancelotti failed. Tactically, formation wise, what could he have done to win. In the end the results don’t lie. The coach is always the first causality and fans have very short memories. The team is broken right now and not even Sarri would be able to have passed that tie. There’s only so much a manager can do when his players don’t take their chances. Insigne,Zielinski, Callejon etc.

Ancelotti just said this week that it’s impossible to have a project in Italy because the fans only focus on the now. The result. In the end, where is he failing in comparison to Sarri? The trophy of second place? What was Sarri’s Europa League record? You know that Ancelotti improved out European ranking?

I feel compelled to defend Ancelotti because a lot of criticisms launched at him are very weak. Calling a guy who has won every major trophy in club football “incompetent” is ridiculous. You can say “he took away our style.” Fine. But that style won us nothing. My take is that he needs to be able to build the team he wants to. In his first season in charge, he’s exactly where Sarri was when he left.

RichardBarker repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Manchester City is far superior to Liverpool. Liverpool has been extremely lucky all season and Manchester City has had a lot of injuries.

Liverpool are good in Europe because of their physical fast approach but we really only failed because of our mental issues.

Arsenal is a different ball game. We are superior. Even bookies gave us better odds and arrogant English commentators saw us as favorites.

Regarding Napoli, I rate Ancelotti but don’t think he is best for this Napoli. Different coaches need different players. Ancelotti like Zidane and Mourinho bring the best out of players. But our players are not all world class, so to win major trophies we need a system.

But I agree this year Sarri would have struggled too. If you look at the results what Ancelotti has done is phenomenal. He took an aging team that had lost motivation and finished second and did OK in Europe.

What worries me most is how we have become worse in terms of results and play since January. So there is a strong case that since we don’t play Sarriball we have become poorer.

That said no one advocates getting rid of Ancelotti. But asking questions is fair. We also need to give him a squad he needs.

I have no problems giving him time. But a plan with objectives need to be communicated. You cannot not say anything to the fans and then say they are not patient.

Build a team with everyone below 25 other than Koulibaly and say you need 3 years and we will all wait n

10. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I guess we can all disagree. Arsenal is better, and everyone saw it. EPL is better, even if some want to disagree and look away from facts. We gave Liverpool and PSG a run, but when it came down to it, we were left behind. This team is on the decline from what I see.

11. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #436 RichardBarker, Apr 20, 2019
    Actually it is you ( and your bedfellow CarecaNapoli ) that are blind,and that no coach will ever be as good as Sarri ( who by the way I should point out again won us nothing ). Even before he started any games, you guys were already judging Ancelotti to be a failure and I even recall some post that even after just pre-season game, you guys were quick to say that Napoli is doom to mid-table mediocrity. It is fortunate that the more fair minded members here don't agree with your obviously double-standard reasoning.

It is clear to anyone who has watched this team that it has a mentality issue since before Sarri's time and continue until now, something that he was not able to fix. The crunch game against Liverpool this season when we went out of UCL, the last few games last season where we go out of UCL tell you all that is needed to know.

Couldn't agree more. They called a coach that won so much a fraud and incompetent when he loss games ( which by the way happen to all coaches ) and when Sarri lost also key matches it's still giving us hope. When Ancelotti was winning games earlier in the season, it's because the players was playing Sarri's style. When he is losing with the same players, it's Ancelotti style. What rubbish. Did Ancelotti asked the players to not take their chances or to play with such low intensity? I need no further evidence from such blatant double standards.

The fact is we have with two fake fans here that is hell bent on seeing Ancelotti fail simply because he is not Sarri and all their criticism is 99% blatantly biased. I have called both of them out repeatedly as they rather Napoli fail to proof them right. And in each case when confronted, they have no sound rebuttals except to call me rude and then hide away in cowardice. Frankly, if I am a big Sarri fan like them, I will go and support Chelsea ( or whichever club Sarri is coaching ) rather than wasting my life and my time here. Criticism is fine and should be encouraged if it's objective and factual base but it's not in this case as it's cherry picking and blatantly biased.

Sure even big time coaches can fail or pass it ( look at Mourinho ) but until there is evidence of this, rushing to judgement and hoping / insinuating someone will fail before it actually happens speak to me of bias more than anything else.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really think you have issues. I told you what my problem with you is.

Stop staying things like ******** off and we can have a conversation. I have never walked away from discussing views.

Otherwise stop referring to me because we have nothing to discuss and kindly refrain from spreading lies on my behalf.

You can either apologize for saying ******** off and we can discuss various views like civilized adults or you can leave it but then stop referring to me. Thanks. I hope you have the decency to reapext my wishes.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal is currently better. No doubt.

But at the start of the season we were better. You cannot ignore our decline in how we play and the results we got since Christmas.

The question should be what lead to the decline and why morale suffered so much since Christmas. But no one disagrees that PL is stronger than Serie A and at this point Napoli is weaker than Arsenal.

Anyway priority should be to get two fullbacks, a center back, a right midfielder and a striker. Otherwise whoever coach, we will struggle with Rui, Hysaj, Maksimovic, Callejon and Milik as starters against top teams.

Sacki repped this.
  14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #439 Sacki, Apr 20, 2019
    Deserved to win twice, if not for a rigged league. Should have had 2 Scudetti... Ancelotti is a record number behind Juventus
    when the ******** did I ever make such a statement? You are the one generalizing and I'm honestly tired of listening to your bollocks.
    that can be said about any team that don't win... Especially a team that is being treated like this by refs and fans outside Naples - we have witnessed scandals against us, who can forget the Inter red card and the pjanic karate kick that didnt even get a booking? what about the non-offside goals Torino had canceled 4 years ago?! These are just a few of many examples to why Sarri never won the Scudetto. There is reason behind the madness. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve got exposed once again.

You are proving my point with this bollocks... So just because he has won something before I should just shut my mouth? Again you are being an ancelotti fanboy. It is merely based on his previous merits - NOTHING ELSE!
    He was crap at Bayern, psg and now Napoli - that is what we know... In milan, madrid and chelseas he had CR7, Kaka, Drogba, lampard, schevchenko, pirlo, maldini, Ramos, marcelo and so many more! Sometimes it is just a case of having much much better players than your opponent.

Yes, he did ask them to play with low intensity! That's usually how you play when you sit deep and play long balls.
    What chances? We missed big chances and so did Arsenal, fact is they played much better.

This literally makes zero sense. But nice try trying to come off all academic. Not even gonna respond to this, what a childish statement.

When have I said anything not objective as of late? Give me one example? Me predicting Ancelotti to fail is what it is, merely a prediction, had I called it a forecast you would've had a point, but that would be weird to call it.

Ancelotti is not good enough to take over from Sarri, that is my opinion... you can have yours, I dont agree with it but that's the beauty of life - I dont have to

I don't have the time to properly read and reply to everything everyone says, and when I do I'm usually too tired anyway, so please, if you're gonna make me read 5 paragraphs, please make them worthwhile - you literally never dive into anything and get your hands dirty.
    Why is it Ancelotti in 2019 is as good as Sarri was for Napoli? What can you answer to that other than calling me and Careca the same person, fake fans, not objective, and whatever else personal we have had to listen to coming from you.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Currently incompetent. I'm just quoting Philip Lahm, Robben and the rest of the Bayern Squad.
    Compared to top coaches today it looks less and less like Ancelotti has got a clue what he is doing.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Emery is better than Ancelotti and we have better players than Arsenal, except for Forwards. That's what I believe

Even Ramsey is playing better than Allan, ever since Allan became a center back under Ancelotti. Have people seen how well he gets forwards and play for Brazil? Why ruin that when he was finally becoming world class in possession as well

17. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I thought you want to ignore me? Why are you replying again?

No, I am not apologizing because I don't see a need to. I use that term because you first asked the coach of Napoli to f***k off first without cause. Why didn't you use that term also on Sarri when he was losing games? See? Double standard. The fact is all your arguments have been rebutted and refuted by me and by other members here that do not share your bias sediment.

Unlike you, I am a true Napoli fan and will defend my club against unjustified attacks both internal and external. Why do you feel you can use such language here against the coach, the club and the players with impunity and then react with indignation when called out?

Can you said which part I lied about you? That you are biased? That all your comments about the coach are one sided, unfair and potentially toxic? How will you explain when after every single loss that you ( and your partner Sacki ) will come here to troll the board and brag about how right you are all along and how the club is going downhill all the way? Do you not realize to us fans this kind of behaviour is sickening especially after a bitter loss when it repeats again and again? If we are say mid-table now, not achieving UCL next year or loss > 50% of our games, I will also join you in criticizing Ancelotti and want him out but this has not happened.

Look, I agree with you when you are right such as in ADL case. I strongly supported your stand like in ADL case when I feel you are correct and not bias, I even publicly stated it. But I will also disagree with you when I think you are wrong and out of line. My tone might be blunt but what I can't stand is bullshit and ill wishes for the club to fail in order so you can satisfy your ego that you are right.

I do have issues with you because sometime I think you are just trolling and up to no good. And you will do well in future posts to stop comparing to Sarri, and how much better we were, how inferior and hopeless Ancelotti is ( and if true, we will now be mid-table or worst relegation by now ). Even I wish Sarri had stayed but the truth is he's gone now. Criticize if you must but back by facts and not double-standard arguments. Yes Ancelotti is not without blame, he can do better. Yes, the team is in bad form now but so do all football teams. They go through bad form from time to time. Even a club as prestigious as Real Madrid can go through a bad form and win nothing. But ours have a glaring mentality issue that so far no coach has yet fixed and we have an owner that is penny pinching and will not invest. It's not just the coach's fault. So be fair.

That's all I have to say.

18. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I cannot imagine a respected professional like Philip Lahm will say this about his coach, even an ex-coach. Give me the news link where he directly said it or are you reading just pres speculation?

Don't spread fake news.

19. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    This :

Need I say more? Strange you have one standard for judging Sarri and another standard for Ancelotti. Bias much?

No decent coaches will every ask a team to play with low intensity. It's a fitness issue. Sorry you are blind to see that.

In what way is Ancelotti inferior? Bec Sarri got more points with an arguably better squad at that time in a less competitive Serie A? The facts shows. We are still #2. We reach EL in quarterfinals. We nearly get pass our group stage in UCL in an ultra competitive group by the thinnest of margin. Look if you don't want to read, then come back and say my comments aren't worth it, you are that one that is indulging on childish arguments.

If we are a mid-table now that your arguments and observation is fair. Otherwise, it's just mindless rambling from a Sarri-fanboy.

20. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Ancelotti won at Bayern, PSG, Milan and Real Madrid. He won the first UCL in recent Real resurgence after years of not winning which started their UCL winning streak. Even Mourinho couldn't do that. If it's just the players, why can't the other coaches like Benitiz, Lopetigu etc at Real did that? Am I being a fanboy just by citing his past achievements? These are FACTS. Check the dictionary if you don't know the meaning of the word "facts". So you going to say he is hopeless, has no evidence so far to back you up other than we loss a few crucial games ( which Sarri did too ), can't argue against his past records and only can make "prediction"??? Wow... I didn't know you are Nostradamus reborn.

Yes, we can only refer to pass credentials because that's how we judge a coach suitability to the job. Most clubs do that. Until Anceotti has completed his current season at Napoli then I will pass his judgement on his current performance. This is the fair thing to do. I have also said in numerous post if he doesn't get us UCL next season than he should be gone for good as he will have really failed. So your accusation of me as a fanboy is again without fact and basis because what a fanboy does will be like you, just cherry picking the good points and sing praises and nothing else. The fact you don't bother or rather don't want to read my post is not my fault. Just like your bedfellow, you are wishing to see Ancelotti fail. Unlike you though, at least he finally has the decency to admit that Ancelotti has so far done a good job.

So yes, you should really shut your mouth because the more you argue the more pathetic and stupid you start to look. Your posts make no sense and has as much substances as an empty can. Calling my replies bollocks will not make you look more intelligent.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I replied to you because you are putting words into my mouth and bringing me up in your posts.

Whether I criticise a coach and not another and in your view that is double standard does not give you the right to use such language. Your perception gives you no right to speak the way you do.

In any case, I have never had issues with anyone here and refuse to attack or accuse other Napoli fans. But I won’t have discussions with people who do not have the basics of decency. So please just don’t refer to me in your posts and we are good.

22. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #447 RichardBarker, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Very smart of you to just act sensitive and tried to refrain from having the debate when in reality you have no good arguments or good reasons to refute my points. It's your choice and we can remain like that at peace. But as long as you continue again to perpetuate false premise and attack the club, the coach and the players with bias and unfair posts, I will see that as fair game to confront you.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don’t you get it? You can argue. But you cannot use profanity. If you don’t get that then it’s pointless. My problem is not what you think but how you talk.

1. For the last time I have never attacked the club. I follow this club for many years and trust me I know more about Napoli than you could ever know. I love this club beyond words.

I don’t want to have to get into these childish discussions so please stop. Did I ever bring up that you were asking if we had ever turned a 2-0 in Europe around? I mean every Napoli fan has the 3-0 in 1989 quarter finals against Juve where Renica scored before penalties engraved in their hearts.

2. You said I was subjective about our performance since Christmas (even though anyone watching the games would say quality has dropped).

I sat and looked for the stats and showed them to you. You had no answers.

3. I have never asked for Ancelotti to be fired.

You know I blame ADL and predicted players would lose motivation at some point.

I also say when you don’t spend in infrastructure you fall behind. 10 years ago Juve’s revenue was half of what it is today. They worked to double it. Other clubs will soon overtake us too.

So the problems are clear.

But my view is that coaches like Ancelotti and Zidane are suited for clubs where they have to manage egos and get the best out of stars.

At Napoli we need coaches that make players adhere to a system because the sum of our parts has to be better than individuals or we have no chance.

So when we play the way we do I have a right to criticize the coach especially with how games and points have dropped. The elimination from Europe is disappointing but the performance is unacceptable.

Anyway, I know the only solution is to give Ancelotti money and let him build a team he can work with.

There is nothing contradictory in what I am saying.

Really what is your argument other than sowing discord among Napoli fans (something we did not have before you were here)?

Sacki repped this.
  24. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Love the fighting, it's very cute but let's go back and remember we all support the same team. Arguments bettween fans happen, everyone has their own ideas on what went wrong and how they think the club should go. That's normal, let's just not insult one another based off what they think the club should do. At the end of the day, all of us want Napoli to be winning every game, we just have different views on how to get to that point.

Could be worse, we could be Roma fans. Then what would we have to be happy about? They probably won't even be in the Champions League next year and will most likely need to sell their best players

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no fighting. I don't think anyone who follows this forum can say Sacki or I are aggressive people.

I always call for unity between Napoli fans but it is normal to disagree on matters. That is why there is a forum.

What I find unacceptable is some guy coming and making personal insults for whatever reasons he has.