News: Napoli Europa League 2018/2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Where will we finish?

1. R32 Exit

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. R16 Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quarter Final Exit

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Semi Final Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Finalist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Winner

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    THESE MOT...********ERS NEED TO TURN THIS TIE

I WANT 4- 1 OR 4- 0 . NO EXCUSES. IF THEY WON'T , SELL EVERYONE

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    It's football. Anything can happen. While it looks dire, we need to keep the faith. But firstly, the players themselves need to f***king show up!

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    You completely misunderstood my post, and I really see where the issue lies. Hamsik also stated afterwards that Ancelloti seemed to pay little attention to him in comparison with Sarri. DL's statement about the issue also seemed to differ before and after his departure to China. But if you want to take the position from the vantage point of which there is no PR visible and everything you read is 100% true, then I cannot help you with that. If you want to believe everything, then believe it.

And why are people on the internet so convinced and brave? Your words are strong, I wonder who you are in the real world.

PS: I am actually a dolphin, and I have saved many human lives, protecting their skin from shark attacks with my pals. Believe me.

PS2: You are not talking rubbish, God. I am pretty sure you know everything, and I have just written a letter to our club, containing the message that I have the man for the job, the one who will make everything right and we'll succeed. God luck.

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Well, we can agree that we've been shit recently.

But if it means anything we've won our 2 Europa League home games getting a clean sheet in both games (2-0 and 3-0). We scored 4 against Roma but that was in Rome

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am watching the games and say they such. Our season was almost over in December.

You said it was biased so I showed how we have declined.

The reason I shows past seasons is irrelevant it was just to point that we need to win 6 out of 6 games to match Sarri’s first season.

The really important point is the decline after Christmas, both in quality and result.

Of course I want Ancelotti to do well. I am just worried.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have not been in many European knockout stages.

Also, the last is irrelevant. We need to win on Thursday.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I care less about past games in a tournament.

The form is important and that is what really worries me. We have to wait and see.

I would ignore Roma game. They are worse than us mentally and break down quickly.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #308 RichardBarker, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Err.... So you're a dolphin now. :speechless: OK. :D

9. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Our two Europa league games are against lower quality opponents. Also, whenever we are put into a situation where getting a result is a must, we capitulate. The Liverpool away game, the final games last season. Lost count..

We can't really consider the Roma game bec Roma played like crap in that match.

Nevertheless, we need to have faith and support the team or we might as well just call off the 2nd leg and surrender.

CarecaNapoli and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I am not sure if the comparison of the 1st seasons is valid, as the circumstances then and now cannot be considered the same, in fact, they're not even similar. The amount of points you get in the end is influenced by many factors, and this season we have lost the hope of competing with Juve very early on in the season, whereas we have also done more in the EL so far this season, and we also did well in the CHL

I am not satisfied because up to this point in time Carlo has not fixed our obvious mentality issue, which is why he came for. But at the same time I think it is not fair to judge him so unfairly right now, though if I let my emotions speak I'd probably send him to Hell along with everyone else. But hey, let's secure the 2nd spot this season, no matter how many points we get, the let's at least show sth great against Arsenal if we don't advance, so that it doesn't look like the PL is 10,000 steps ahead of SA, although it's pretty obvious it is, in terms of everything. Anyone who wants to deny it, let them just look at the CHL teams and the EL teams in the advances stages.

If the 2nd team of SA team cannot even put in a decent performance against the 5th or so team of the PL, then it's not just a problem of the 2nd team, but the whole league. But it's difficult, because are lame mental weakness always comes into play, as perhaps even the teams behind us in SA wouldn't have shown such fear against Arsenal, which would have helped them a lot to actually show some grit and competitiveness.

Because to be honest, no matter how much Carlo and the players want to talk shit about some 2nd half or whatever, or some chances and whatnot, I saw only one good team on the pitch the whole game through, and it was Arsenal. Yes, we created some chances later on, but even then, for each one good chance we had created Arsenal came afterwards with 1 great chance and 2 good ones...

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree to a lot.

No one is saying Carlo is shit. Criticism does not mean anyone qants him out. He is not the problem.

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, but then again, if we all agree that Ancelloti should still be left alone until we see what we can do after 2 or even 3 seasons have passed, then it must also logically follow that we cannot yet dismiss the scheme of DL which is signified by the belief that our team really is competitive and Carlo really is what it needs. What I want to say is that if next season Carlo succeeds, everyone will have to admit that DL hasn't been as blind as the accusations suggest.

I personally don't really like DL much, but I am fully aware of how real the possibility is, the one where DL has left and a total prick comes to replace him. Therefore, I will not root for DL's departure until we have ascertained that the replacement will not be someone who will drag us back down to the gutter...

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Curva B have erected banners around the city

[​IMG]

"We demand the UEFA cup"

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stadium will not even be sold out. Most people I know don’t care about this season since December and until we don’t do a complete change won’t watch next season either.

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But objectively, you don't know that many people, and additionally, you have also lost your enthusiasm in Dec and it is a rule that friends are similar so that makes the circle even smaller. There are still many people who will support the team, and 35,000 is quite enough to make some noise, and it's the Ultras who make the most noise anyway... And maybe many are just sulking over the foregoing results a bit and in the end they will come just before the match is about to begin.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We do most people have written this season off and we will not beat Arsenal.

Serie A is just garbage.

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, yes, but the number 35,000 obviously means that there are many for whom it is not just about success. For whom should the players play if not for exactly those fans, even if there were only 50 of them. Everybody knows that the number of fans decreases with disappointment, nobody is blind enough to overlook that, but that's additional motivation for the team to get even those success seekers back into the stands. Damn, they should be happy as the people in Heaven that the faithful portion is actually so numerous. They don't have much money to spare and still they find their way to the stadium while the players make millions and and the fans have very probably paid the money to see another dull disappointment. None of those who earn a lot of money will talk about this for obvious reasons, but they all know how it is.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If the stadium is not full the players will be demotivated. It will be a slap in the face.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I think they can hit 40k at least

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't really think so, but if you are right, then the players are worth NOTHING. Logically, the fans of success can calculate, hence they know that not even 3-1 will be enough for us. If the players don't get it themselves, I'm sure Carlo will explain it to them.

Anyway, even without the aforementioned, they should play for any amount of fans, otherwise in my eyes they are nothing more than mere mercenaries. Their wages already support such view, so let's see what it's all about tomorrow. Just joking, we really won't, because 35,000 is A LOT.

21. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I know the odds are stacked against us but I want to see them at least show up and put up a good fight, and don't just like so many times in the past, give up and capitulate when it matters most. The players themselves must have self-belief and play as a team with intensity. Arsenal is better than us, and if up our game, we can beat them.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This season was a failure for all Serie A teams.

League was boring and they all sucked in Europe.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We often show a good fight. Maybe not recently.

We need results. I rather we go out deservedly and work on fixing the problem than another heartbreaking narrow defeat.

24. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    *typo. Arsenal is not better than us.

25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interesting article today from the Ancelotti press conference regarding Ajax's success.

"“However, long-term planning (projects) is not allowed in Italy because the fans always ask for results.”

This is so true