News: Myanmar Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yazadarit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    We need to improve: KBZ coach
    By Aung Sithu Hein

KANBAWZA FC notched their first win in the MNL Cup on May 21 with a comprehensive 3-0 victory over an inexperienced and error-prone Okkthar United side at Aung San Stadium. .....

http://www.mmtimes.com/no472/sport01.htm

2. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    One thing for sure is MNL is not like old Myanmar premiere league anymore. In the old league only finance&revenue and Commerce were playing for the top spot, which is not case in the MNL anymore. Every MNL teams have potential to win the Cup (well, apart from one team)

3. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Footballers from abroad at home in Myanmar

By Thomas Kean

Over the past 20 years Mr Girard has coached in France and Morocco and in 2006 took on the role of coach and technical advisor at Muang Thong in Thailand, helping guide the club to a place in the Thai Premier League.

The Thailand link was important when Yadanarbon recruited its foreign cohort of five Ivorian players. With Yadanarbon’s technical director, Belgian Robert Procureur, who is also Muang Thong’s current manager ....

http://www.mmtimes.com/no472/n002.htm

--------------------------------------------

Yadanarbon FC's technical director is also Thai Premier League's Muang Thong United's manager. Muang Thong is said to be one of the richest clubs in Thailand and is currently 4th in the Thai Premier League. I recognize their player, Teerasil Dangda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muang_Thong_United

Their foreign player Valery Sanou, who is still playing and scored goals for them, will join Myanmar's Yadanarbon in June.

If I'm not wrong, Sanou will be Yadanarbon's 6th foreign player.

With Yoan Girard and Robert Procureur, Yadanarbon FC and Myanmar football have access to decent foreign players, at least those who are starting out from their countries or passed their primes from their countries or the region's top leagues. Other clubs would also have their own scouting and access.

Myanmar National League (MNL) clubs made lots of initial investments by not just setting up the clubs but also buying a whole bunch of local players from the Ministry teams, and hasn't earned funds back. When the league and the clubs have settled down next year or two, clubs will be able to increase salaries, especially foreign players' and would be able to get better players. What I fear is, based on the unpredictability of everything related to Myanmar, I hope the teams don't get suspended, closed down, or the league being terminated.

The current games are the MNL League Cup, a warm-up to the real league in January 2009. And by then the clubs would be more settled down, and more foreigners would be signed. Kanbawza, a big club, has not recruited foreign players. And clubs like Delta United (backed by MFF president U Zaw Zaw) and Yangon United, would be looking to add more.

I'm glad that they don't rush to hire foreigners and that they do scout foreign talents, and would not hire any wandering foreigners.

The weeks-old MNL is nothing compared to Indo League (with world class professionals past their primes having played there), Malaysian League, S-League or the V-League, in salaries, establishment, and football. But although the MNL is not as attractive, it looks like it is not as unattractive as many people thought after all.

4. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    That's right. I don't think Southern Myanmar would win though, along with Okkthar United. I don't think Magway would win either. They are more of lucky, on the high team right now, how long they could last in the league I don't know. Probably the best of the smaller clubs (S. Myanmar and Okkthar Utd)

Actually Kanbzawza is doing very badly. They might have won 2 games, but against 2 of the youngest, inexperienced teams in the league, and in the last match against S. Myanmar, they kind of struggled, although Southern Myanmar also improved.

5. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  6. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yadanarbone's next game against Kanbawza is hot game on paper.

7. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yadanarbon and Delta United would probably follow with websites. And the rest of the clubs. It's just that myanmar stuff are usually not very internety.

8. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    another shock result from MNL

Delta United 1:2 Okkthar United

Okkthar United is one of the weakest team in MNL and Delta United is one of the strongest, if not strongest. Delta even got players from Argentina. Things are getting interesting now!!!

9. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yea. That's a shock.

Actually Delta has weaker myanmar players, compared to Kanbawza, Yangon and Yadanarbon. But Delta has money.

10. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  11. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008

Delta, Magway share spoils

By Aung Sithu Hein

DELTA United FC and Magway FC last week slugged out the Myanmar National League Cup’s first draw, with a thrilling 1-1 stalemate at Yangon’s Aung San Stadium on May 19. ....

http://mmtimes.com/no472/sport02.html

12. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Today Match:
    Zeyar Shwe Myae vs Magway Utd

Zeyar Shwe Myae yet to win a game, lose 4:0 to Yangon Utd and Magway Utd recently beat Yangon United. So on paper, Magway Utd should win, but I think a draw would be a fair result for both team

13. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Zayar Shwe Myay 1:2 Magway FC

Magway FC is leading the league table with 7 points and Zeyar Shwe Myay is in 7th place.

14. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Magway is rocking. They played Yan U, and Delta.

They will meet their challenge with Yadanarbon and Kanbawza.

15. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  16. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Line Ups for Zayar Shwe Myay FC vs. Magway FC

Zysm FC: Zaw Moe Htet (GK), Min Thu (c), Zaw Lin Htun 1, Aung Myo Thant (Chan Chan '64), Aung Moe (Si Thu Than '61), Zaw Zaw Aung, Min Ko Ko, Myo Zaw Htun, Kyaw Ko Ko (Kyaw Zin Win '30), Yazar Win Thein, Htoo Kyaw

Magway FC: Myo Kyaw Aung (GK), Nyi Nyi Win (Khin Zaw Htun '87), Zaw Htet Aung, Htun Min Oo (Htun Htun Naing '81), Lin Lin Htway, Naing Lin Htun, Kyaw Kyaw Myo, Lwin Oo (c), Aung Myint Aye, Pyae Phyo Oo (Thein Than Win '66), Si Thu Win

Goal Scorers:

ZYSM FC: Htoo Kyaw ('41)

Magway: Aung Myint Aye ('56), Khin Zaw Htun ('89)

Man of the Match: Yazar Win Thein (Zayar Shwe Myay FC)

17. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    another shockin' result from MNL.....

Southern Myanmar 2-0 Delta United FC
    Wai Lin 55',89'

Tin Zaw Moe from delta got red card in 24 minute....Southern Myanmar played gud in diz game.....gud job!!!

18. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    In their match against Kanbawza, S. Myanmar also played better than their first game against Yadanarbon. S.M.Min says S.Myanmar are young players who played hard against Kanbawza.

19. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Yangon United FC 2-1 Okthar United FC
    Kera 31',82' Mai Aix Naing 92'

fans from both sides had a little fight after ygn's second goal. 7 ppl were injured.ygn utd iz in second place now!!!

20. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  21. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Is that the right name for Okkthar's goal scorer? I was typing the line-ups out and I had trouble reading that name. Which ethnic group's name is that?

22. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Delta vs S. Myanmar match...seems like referre is right for the red card. It was a good game to watch...

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58286084"]Southern Myanmar United FC 2-0 Delta United FC Video by boy - MySpace Video[/ame]

23. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Yadanarbon FC 1-0 Kanbawza FC
    Babo 27'

Magway FC 1-0 Okkthar United
    Zaw Htet Aung 63'