My wish list for AUFC fan rituals...

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Coyote89, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    First, let me stipulate that the fan experience at AUFC games is already fantastic. It's the most fun I've had at a professional sporting event, maybe ever. Also, I think the club and the supporters groups have done an amazing job of creating a sense of community and tradition in just one expansion season. That said, there are a few simple things that I think could take it to an even higher level:
    1. Display the words to the supporters' chants and songs on the halo board so the entire crowd can join-in. The crowd participates in the Atlanta! - United! call and response, the Viking clap, or Zombie Nation, but are generally lost the rest of the time and have no idea what the supporters are saying, especially in MBS where the acoustics are pretty bad.

2. Rally towels: I know it's totally "American" and therefore doesn't conform to the rituals we see in other parts of the world, but it amps-up the energy big time. Every song and chant would have more energy and the celebrations after a goal would be epic.

3. We need a ritual for corner kicks or other offensive set pieces: Some fans jump up and down in unison or have a special chant for these moments. We could use our own version of that.
    Thoughts?

2. Gunner

Gunner Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Marietta, Ga USA
    In the early Bobby Dodd days didn't we do LMFAO's "Shots" during corners? I like that one but that never seemed to stick.

Same as Hey ya during opposing goal kicks.

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wish we had a team-specific hymn. Well, not a hymn as defined, but something hymn-like to start and end the event.

I'd also like a song about our turf, as long as we've got turf. We can sing that when we score. Anybody here rewriting lyrics to existing songs in their heads?

And I think the towels are a great idea --we're entitled to some of our own celebratory customs, like the train sound-- but the existing scarves could just as easily be used.