My newest eBay find - NOS Nike Geo Merlin Vapor Invincibles-Era (2002-04) EPL Matchball

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BIGHMW, May 19, 2018.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-geo-Merlin-premier-league-official-match-ball-fifa-approved/232770260356?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Nike Geo Merlin Vapor Matchball (2002-04) - 1.jpg
    Nike Geo Merlin Vapor Matchball (2002-04) - 2.jpg Nike Geo Merlin Vapor Matchball (2002-04) - 3.jpg

....and the shirts we proudly wore while we were in the process of becoming Invincible from 2002-04:

Invincibles Collection.jpg

NOW my Invincibles collection is TRULY complete, the outfield players' match jerseys, the three DVDs that chronicle those two seasons, and now, the matchball we played those matches with (led by Thierry Henry with his 30 League goals, becoming the first Gunner to score that many since the late great Ronnie Rooke did it in 1947-48)...... anything else missing from this or am I fine (at least for now)???

2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....now all I hope for now is that they don't send me the wrong ball, as there is also the ball from 2000-02 up for grabs selling by the same seller, not bad considering I searched long and hard over the years to finally find one on eBay.....and on my 52nd birthday at that!!!

Subzero repped this.
  3. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The near-mint Nike Geo Merlin Vapor matchball came in yesterday, and it looks just as awesome as it did in those pics I stole off of eBay, and no it will not see any action on the streets for a little bit of street footy, especially not when you paid over $500.00 to get it, after all, it is not just any old cheap replica matchball I could've gotten for the main purpose of street footy, this is the same one The Invincibles used to put into the backs of opposing Barclaycard Premiership goalkeepers' nets during both the 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons, and it's TOO rare for that shit, but who knows how much she'll be worth a few years from now???

4. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States