Mueller indictment thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 28, 2017.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #676 ceezmad, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Mexicans have AMLO, tell me ese, what do you think about him? Are you going to vote for him?

2. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ALMO might win this time.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is actually AMLO.

How can I get the name of my future president wrong, the shame.

American Brummie repped this.
  4. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    AMLO? I dont remember the AMLO.

roby, Q*bert Jones III and Mojo Jambo repped this.
  5. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sesame Street? Come on. It was a stuffed toy? All the rage a few years ago for Christmas? ring a bell?

6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heff feext yuur post, Comrade Sergei. Ve must go find Moose and Squirrel!

Auriaprottu repped this.
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Moose = Sarah Huckabee Sanders*
    Squirrel = Ben Carson

*I will credit her for eyes. But she uses them in all the wrong ways.

8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Russian hooker version of Elmo. Gives bad boys golden showers

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nyet. Not dirty rotten Amerikanskie cartoons...

russ repped this.
  10. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Be careful vat you be wishing for. Everting could all go KABOOM! :eek:

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 70 blank subpoenas waiting to be filed, as I understand it, today. These pertain to the Manafort trial. Jonathan Turley said these are all done in sets, so it means 35 "witnesses." My question is, could some of those 35 be for documents rather than people? @xtomx is a lawyer.

Since Donald Jr. was in the "adoption" meeting, I think there's a pretty good chance he's one of the subpoenas. If that happens, I suspect Senior will freak the hell out.

Stay tuned.

American Brummie repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    TrumpCo lawyers were frantically trying to get the facts straight ( I know, impossible with the Trump Crime Family) before the Donnie Jr Russian Trump Tower meeting story broke to the public in July 2017:

That deluge did follow in early July 2017, when The New York Times first reported on the Trump Tower meeting. And behind the scenes, the two attorneys expanded their efforts to contain the public relations fiasco by coordinating the public response to the report with the White House and several of the meeting's participants, the newly released Senate Judiciary Committee transcripts show.

Together, Garten and Futerfas spoke with Trump Jr., Goldstone, Emin Agalarov, the son of a Russian oligarch, and Ike Kaveladze, a business associate of Agalarov's father, Aras Agalarov, a prominent oligarch and property developer in Russia, in the month before the bombshell report.

After initially reaching out by phone, Garten emailed Goldstone on June 2 and June 5 to ask about the names of participants in the meeting.

"The name of the woman who was the attorney who spoke at the meeting from Moscow was Natalya Veselnitskaia (sic) Hope this helps," Goldstone told Garten in a June 2 email. "Hope this helps."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics/trump-tower-meeting-response/index.html

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is one of the reasons that Team Treason's latest media strategy failed so utterly

You need to get an actual defensible timeline and narrative down, and then defend that line tooth and nail no matter how grim.

They started to do that with talk of what payments happened when and hinting of a narrative that Trump only found out about the Stormy payment in 2017

But then they walked parts of that back - presumably because it's not tenable

Whoops

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    This is the Trump MO for decades. Make everything so opaque and complicated that most give up pursuing it. It becomes costly for the average Trump Taj Mahal contractor to fight him. For the ones that stick to the facts like with the Trump U. fraud case and now with Stormy, TrumpCo quietly fesses up and cuts a deal and moves on to the next grift. He'll be boxed into a corner by Team Mueller too.

song219 and HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Manafort's former son-in-law Jeffrey Yohai pleads guilty and will cooperate with prosecutors

The former son-in-law of Paul Manafort, the one-time chairman of President Donald Trump's campaign, has cut a plea deal with the Justice Department that requires him to cooperate with other criminal probes, two people with knowledge of the matter said.

The guilty plea agreement, which is under seal and has not been previously reported, could add to the legal pressure on Manafort, who is facing two indictments brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his probe of alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Manafort has been indicted in federal courts in Washington and Virginia with charges ranging from tax evasion to bank fraud and has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/17/man...w-cuts-plea-deal-with-government-reuters.html

16. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sixth (seventh?) guilty plea.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Who's counting? It's a witchhunt, remember :D

russ repped this.
  18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of folks with duck comparable weight, obviously.

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Not a lot of people know this, but in Russia, they have their own alphabet. At first glance, it looks like ours, but people are saying that if you look closely, a lot of the letters look different. Not a lot of people know this."

roby, Boloni86 and American Brummie repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s all Greek to most...

23. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Here is a view from the UK with our own Brexit Russian ties. Cadwalladr and a guy called James Patrick have done some outstanding work over the past couple of years investigating this. Banks is a true scumbag, he would sell his own grandmother if it made him some money.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It's a concerted effort by the Russians to destabilize the West. Putey is jealous of our freedoms and looks to authoritarian forces here, in Britain & France to push his agenda.