Mueller indictment thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 28, 2017.

1. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Here's the question - how many Obama/Trump voters would have voted for a female version of Donald Trump? One who was identical in every other way except gender?

Not many, I'd imagine. If someone voted for Obama and then Trump, there's a good chance that sexism played a big role (and that applies to female voters as well).

bigredfutbol and American Brummie repped this.
  2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Leona Helmsley? Or based on some reports, Oprah.

3. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    [/QUOTE]
    There’s the trade thing, but I suspect it’s a lot simpler than that. Neither were Hillary Clinton and neither were in the DC “power structure”. Trump will have a harder time running on that again for obvious reasons. He’ll try, but he’s the sitting President. FWIW, in the next election cycle it’s pretty common for roughly 10 percent of the other candidate’s votes to come from people who voted the other way the prior election. It happened for Obama in 2008, Bush in 2000, Trump in 2016. Even Kerry and Romney were pretty close to that mark in 2004 and 2012.

4. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Donetta Trump would have lost. There is no female who could say the things he did, behave the way he did, or run the way that he did.

White men can do things others can’t and get away with it.

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #530 Q*bert Jones III, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    John Dean was essentially expelled from the Democratic primary for whooping to loud. I don't think 99.9999% of white men could have acted in the vile way that Trump does and gotten away with it either.

American Brummie repped this.
  6. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Kind of like a combination of Leona Helmsley, Marge Schott, and.... as far as Trump's sexual /marital conduct goes, I can't even think of a well-known example for comparison.

I mean,can you imagine the presidential campaign of an obnoxious, bigoted tycoon/heiress who trades in her husband for younger fashion models on a regular basis? Who is also on tape bragging about her attempted adultery, and her ability to grope young men without consequences (due to their lower status)? Would this imaginary person be able to "humanize" herself by bringing the children of her long-discarded first husband to the nominating convention? Would this imaginary person be depicted as sharing an emotional bond with coal miners and steelworkers?

The whole idea is absurd. So I'm not surprised that there are a small percentage of people whose vision of what "presidential" is could include both Trump and Obama, but not Hillary Clinton.

dapip repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Howard, not John. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    2. He got whooped in Iowa. That’s what did him in.

Now, we can discuss how that came about. But he got whooped.

bigredfutbol and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  8. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm working on a Nixon documentary right now. Can't imagine how I screwed that up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Your blind ambition got in the way.

song219 repped this.
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm up to the part of Nixonland where I mix up John and Howard Dean ;)

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me tell you where i am on Escape from Freedom.

American Brummie and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The Dean Scream. Another ridiculous lowlight of our lib'rul media

13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    #538 JohnR, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    A female version of Donald Trump wouldn't received 10% of the vote in any GOP primary. What a whining bitch that candidate would have been.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I saw his limo outside the local Pathmark when I was a kid. He lived in Saddle River, NJ post Watergate.

15. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    True, but Dems hold their candidates to higher standards than the GOP. If you are a white man running for a conservative position and your persona is one where you bluntly tell it like it is and you have this mirage of being self made, then you can do this. Mark Cuban could run this way on the GOP ticket. Not the Dem ticket, for example. 99.999% of white men couldn't act this way, but only a tiny fraction of those men could run for President. Outsiders with the social cache to run often have those characteristics above (like a Ross Perot).

I realize that the qualifiers above limit the number of people who can employ this method, but the point is that white men can behave this way as long as the audience is sufficiently comprised of white men and their subservient female womb providers. Demographically, that is strictly a white guy within the GOP thing.

16. Cop Shoot Cop

Cop Shoot Cop Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    With the recent flurry of activity from Mueller, does anyone else get the sense that he could be wrapping things up now? I was thinking that the Russian indictments were going to serve as a platform on which he could build additional investigation and charges, but with today's filing of more charges against Manafort and Gates, I am beginning to suspect that the scope of his investigation is going to be much narrower than I had imagined.

17. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Gates and Manafort aren't cooperating and he's signaling to other potential cooperators.

dapip and taosjohn repped this.
  18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    IMO laying the peripheral groundwork before zeroing in on the Trump Crime Family itself.

19. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it. The thirteen Russians, the initial Manafort indictment, Papadopolous...those are the groundwork-laying types. This feels like the blunt hammer of the law coming down on someone who thinks he will get pardoned. Mueller is laying a trail for state prosecutors if Trump starts pardoning, and is destroying Gates and Manafort if Trump won't.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Or Manafort & Gates were offered sweet deals initially, refused & now Mueller's gonna kick them in the nuts extra hard to show the rest of TrumpCo that this shit's for real.

dapip repped this.
  21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think Mueller is just cleaning out a nest of vipers and doing things as they come. The new indictments were in Virginia because that is the appropriate place for those crimes. I think his only message is he is going to get everyone for everything. And he's going to get Trump last, Sully style.

charlie15 and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Seeing that Rick Gates to plead guilty today.

Saturday Tweetstorm a comin

NORML repped this.
  23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You mean like "Fake news, he was just a coffee boy I never met."

Cascarino's Pizzeria and NORML repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    On news were laying out some deets on these two & their scams. Holy hell. They wouldn't pass background checks to coach bball or soccer in my town. Well neither would the Trump Crime Family so it kinda makes sense.

dapip repped this.