Mueller indictment thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 28, 2017.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am speaking legally.

My dude just outlined a criminal conspiracy and gave the key names, dates and places pertaining to everyone involved, including Hope Hicks.

LOL

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree although that may be irrelevant to Mueller and his team as well as the rest of the population. At some point, the levees will break.

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The GOP platform is a big key to this as I've always thought. Now we hear that Carter Page congratulated TrumpCo's foreign policy team on the Ukraine amendent to the the platform. So key points of the "dodgy dossier" are proving out. Where the hell were Republican leaders when this was going down in real time?

The House Intelligence Committee on Monday released the full transcript of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page's testimony before the panel last week, portions of which support details in an explosive collection of memos outlining alleged collusion between the campaign and Moscow during the election.

Page revealed during his testimony that he met with both members of Russia's presidential administration and with the head of investor relations at the state-owned Russian oil giant Rosneft during his trip to Moscow last July.

He also congratulated members of the Trump campaign's foreign policy team on July 14 for their "excellent work" on the "Ukraine amendment" - a reference to the Trump campaign's decision to "intervene" to water down a proposed amendment to the GOP's Ukraine platform.

The original amendment proposed that the GOP commit to sending "lethal weapons" to the Ukrainian army to fend off Russian aggression. But it was ultimately altered to say "provide appropriate assistance" before it was included in the party's official platform. The dossier alleges that the campaign "agreed to sideline" the issue of Russia's invasion of Crimea and interference in eastern Ukraine in exchange for dirt on Hillary Clinton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/carter-page-congressional-testimony-transcript-steele-dossier-2017-11

4. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Jeffy stole the cookies from the cookie jar. Who, me? Yes, you! Could'nt be!, Then who?
    Jared stole the cookies from the cookie jar! Who, me?

Deadtigers, soccernutter and raza_rebel repped this.
  5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If this happened half of Trump's support would consider this fake news because Fox & Breitbart instead of reporting it would be looking into new Benghazi relevations. The other half won't care because they know that Russia isn't that bad and that the ends justify the means.

Deadtigers and NORML repped this.
  6. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Even then, most of them will rationalize it.

Option 1 : Trump is being drugged and he's saying things he doesn't mean.
    Option 2 : Killary is worse
    Option 3 : treason is a good thing

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did it to stop Hillary, that is all Trumpers would need, so they would not care at all, the ends (him winning) would justify the means.

Unless the military (veterans) turn on Trump, that maybe the only way I can see some Trumpers caring, and even that is iffy.

Deadtigers and NORML repped this.
  8. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    This guy sounds like a character in a Coen brothers movie that was written out because he wasn't believable enough.

Deadtigers, Dr. Wankler and bigredfutbol repped this.
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #57 - Probably, but we need an actual connection - the standards must higher. And remember, 45 doesn't really care that much about governing.

Deadtigers and American Brummie repped this.
  10. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    For the love of anything sacred, get that man a blog or something.
    50+ tweets is not good

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, there's your problem. Clearly, if he said "sound mind," he would not be telling the truth.

Even if he said it, some of his supporters would say:
    "still better than Hillary. Lock her up!"

12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHY

We already have Teapot Dome + Watergate on record. They've admitted to it. Trump said he fired Jim Comey to end the Russia investigation, and his company tells foreign diplomats to stay at the DC Trump Hotel to ensure access to the President's advisers.

You have all you need. Stop looking for the pee tape, people!

sitruc, Deadtigers, flowergirl and 4 others repped this.
  13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    says you - but I'm more likely to read a random good twitter thread than some random blog. Once a thread is good for 3 or 4 it can be good for as long as it takes to properly say something.
    Lots of 4-tweet threads that are garbage, plenty of 50-60 that are spectacular and informative. And vice-versa :)

But if you want to ignore something simply because it's too hard for you to scroll, that's your prerogative. Like people who won't read a blog or bigsoccer post that's more than 2 paragraphs.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I like what John Oliver is calling it - Stupid Watergate. :D

xtomx, charlie15, Dr. Wankler and 2 others repped this.
  15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    And all them suburban Republicans who held their noses and voted for Trump, so Hillary wouldn't get the Presidency? They will vote for a non-controversial Democrat or no one.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either that, or Fox News tells them that.

I'm not joking, not 1%.

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Who cares, you can't win an election with 37% of the electorate voting for you. Trump got 46% of the popular vote, Last september, and won by a RAZOR THIN margin.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  18. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    You know full well that Joe W was the last person on Big Soccer who could write posts of 3 paragraphs or more who was consistently readable.

Dr. Wankler and fatbastard repped this.
  19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Che said it best on SNL, when he played Lester Holt. He turns to the camera and says, that's it, right, it's over? And Alec Baldwin says, no, nothing matters anymore.

20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess the latter way over the former - but either way that Va. doesn't end up with the hate-mongering R candidate for Gov I will be happy.

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I want the pee tape. I don't want Trump convicted, I want him humiliated. I want him destroyed.

luftmensch, Minnman, flowergirl and 6 others repped this.
  22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I'm 50/50 on this. If you read any of Nate Cohn and Nate Silver (why are our two best Political Data Analysts named Nate?) then a big problem with polling is that they vastly underplay uneducated voters in their likely models, because they don't like responding to pollsters. So they'll respoind at in just 6%, but participate in a much higher rate. That was the problem in PA, WI, and MI where all the pollsters there undercounted uneducated whites. Some of the pollsters in VA have added weightage for education (basically putting a lot more emphasis on uneducated white folks), but now the question is did they over learn their lesson?

Because the polls that use educated weights, show a race within the margin of error.

23. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I stopped reading here.

Dr. Wankler, fatbastard and song219 repped this.
  24. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This is a man who motorboated Guiliani I believe on live tv. You have to be human to be able to be humiliated.

American Brummie repped this.
  25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit Golder shower caps with MAGA will be the most sold item in the rural counties if the tape does come out.