More Playoffs! Sounders v. Colorado 1st leg

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Just need to recreate what we did against Dallas in the first leg of the semifinals, no problem right!

Yoshou and kaburu repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First leg of the Eastern Championship is going pretty well in the first half for the Sounders.

3. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Lodeiro got a little greedy at the end there, but, all in all, a win is a win.. It also seems like Colorado is going to be missing several of their starters due to yellow card accumulation while we, miraculously, avoided the same fate.. I'd also be curious if Burch is going to miss the game due to his arm swing..

Oh.. I'll also take the blame for Toronto getting 2 goals in the second half...

Captain_Ski and kaburu repped this.
  4. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Can't really see this as a win, given that the likeliest outcome is Colorado advancing on that damned away goal after going 1-0 at home on Sunday.

Seattle needed a 2 goal lead or a clean sheet and got neither.

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno.. I like our chances of getting a goal down in Colorado (or is it up, damn elevation). I seem to remember the Sounders have some success in Commerce City in the past. Obviously their defense is quite stout now, but we seem to do a good job of unlocking defenses for at least a couple of good chances.

6. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Golly. If you had told me back in July that the Sounders would be 90 minutes away from a potential MLS Cup Final appearance, I would have asked what you were smoking.

The away goal for Colorado was unfortunate, but I am optimistic. All Seattle needs is 1 goal and that becomes irrelevant. Can Colorado keep Seattle from scoring ANYTHING in 90 minutes? Maybe, but not likely. Colorado NEEDS to score, they will NEED to push forward. There will be opportunities for Seattle to find the back of the net on Sunday.

glennaldo_sf and Yoshou repped this.
  7. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Colorado get an early goal, they are proven capable closing up shop. I'm still hopeful, though.

8. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    This feels more like a draw. Colorado has been damn near impregnable this season at home. I want to see Morris up top and we just put balls over the top to him and see what happens. Not very sexy, but one nicked goal...

9. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Going with my gut on this one.
    I predict the Honey Badger will score in the 38th minute off of poor corner kick clearance.