More "Brain Salad Surgery "-Other TeamsThread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    true but pool do play sunderland, saints and manu in the next few weeks so we know points can be lost...spers have been doing well lately but still not really worried about them

2. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they can score goals with their players as we sit here stuttering as an attacking force.

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They also concede goals, and are one injury from chaos - if any of Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, or Sturridge get hurt, they're in for a world of hurt.

4. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but we are on Giroud injury away from playing Bendtner and Sanogo for the rest of the year.

5. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd give those guys some chances to see what they can do off the bench.

6. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After today, can't see Giroud starting this weekend, just doesn't have the legs to keep going with all these games.

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping Sanogo would come on today.

8. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Same here, why not have a new guy perfect the art of not scoring?

9. Dynamo and ArsenalFC

Aug 5, 2006
    Beaumont
    Didn't get to watch the second half of the Moyes Boys game today. Did Poldi not get in at all? Still not sure what he has to do significant minutes with all these fixtures. Team is clearly gassed. I know he's not as technical as some would like, but I think playing him with TGSTEL or Giroud up top could've helped give the team something different when plan A was clearly not working today.

Edit: I see this is already being discussed in the match thread. Feel free to move or delete mods

10. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more thought on Liverpool, if they get knocked out of the FA Cup Sunday, all they have left is the PL. No European distractions and long travels, just 12 league games. They also have all the bigger games at home (Chelsea, Man City, Sp*rs) as United is the only big away tie.

11. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2286 Cody667, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Hmm, we played really well without Sturridge for 9, without Suarez for 6, and without Coutinho for 4. Id be worried if two of them got hurt at once though, that'd be problematic for sure.

We should start conceding a bit less (not to say it'll be amazing, but our backline will surely be better) as we get first choice players back. Remember, our entire backline the last few weeks has been second choice, same with our DM (Gerrard is 2nd choice there, but would otherwise play ahead of Henderson or Coutinho). Agger is back now, Johnson is about a week away, Lucas and Sakho are roughly 2 away, and from our latest update, Enrique may be back in a month. It's gonna be a fun race to the end, hard to say what's gonna come of it.

12. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    IMHO the entire top 6 are contenders seeing as how they all have to still play one another.

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for a new "Other Teams" thread?

14. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011