Moore to Cardiff

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by mschofield, Sep 9, 2002.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Associated Press ( no links, sorry, it's off the non-online wire service) is reporting Cardiff is interested in bringing Moore in on a long term loan.
    I don't know how this works with the transfer window, and I have no idea if it's a legit notion, or if Moore would be interested.
    But, hey, who cares? It's a new rumor in the midst of a dead zone.

2. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strange as Cardiff has been pairing down it's options and already has 4 forwards that have been successes at that level: including 22 year old Welsh International Robert "Earnie" Earnshaw" who has been the odd man out lately in a 4-3-3 but who looks likely to earn his first start this upcoming weekend. Hmm, Sam Hamman definitely has the money to go out and get him though, and Cardiff, for once, has looked to add talented attacking personnel throughout last year(Andy Campbell from Middlesborough and Peter Thorne and Graham Kavanagh from Stoke). Of course, I do think JMM could beat any of these guys out if he is healthy. His style of play would work really be popular with the Bluebird supporters.

3. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to wonder about this when on the same day a report says JMM might have an operation on his knee.

Would love to see him get some playing time however.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I just checked a lot of Cardiff sites and still nothing up yet. It would be an interesting move as the Bluebirds are promotion candidates and are my favorite lower division club. ;)

5. jelliot

jelliot Member

Jun 10, 2002
    DC, Adams Morgan
    Dont you mean Jason Moore!

Just kidding.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, tho, that the transfer can't take place until January. (Right?) He'd probably be recovered by then.

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I beleive that is correct.

I guess it all depends on the severity of the injury as to recovery time.

8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was wondering about the timing. So a loan is counted as a transfer. Just wondering, because Upton (Upson, I forget) moved from arse to reading on loan a couple days after the window closed. I was guessing the deal had been done and filed before the window, but the talk from the club seemed to say that while they had planned to complete it by the weekend(which was the weekend), they were just glad to have got it done.
    On the rumor, the AP is usually late in on these things, so I'm kind of surprised that no one has seen this elsewhere. Anyone read the Independent?

9. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    I believe that players are able to move on a loan basis after the transfer window, however Im not sure. As wellas this would it effect nmationwide clubs as it is only Premiership clubs which are not allowed to bring new players in?
    There has been more rumours now in the British press, as well as on British Radio (talk sport)and I think even on sky sports news. if he came to the club it could see Rob Earnshaw leave to either West Ham or Everton where he has been linked to move in recent weeks, in January. I think now there is something up on rivals.net. As well as a few mentions on CCFC message boards.

10. mattgabe

mattgabe Member

Sep 20, 2000
    Blacksburg, VA
    I'm virtually positive that no movement of any kind is allowed after the transfer window closes. Upson's deal must've been finalized before the weekend and it just took him a few days to make the move.

11. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    If I can find the link, Ill post it. But I read yesterday that Moore to Cardiff would be a loan deal.... That may affect potential transfer problems.