Monchi See Monchi Do

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Figure this guy can put in a better shift than Olsen. Can he play goalie?

La Magica repped this.
  2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are the 'whole' of Denmark laughing now because he ended up playing for Sweden? I'd imagine that doesn't make him very popular around Danish parts? Am I right?

3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Monchi's secret weapon in goal.

[​IMG]

forza venti, whill4, Tward and 5 others repped this.
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    [​IMG]

Welcome Eugenio!

whill4, ErPupone, wm72 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I don't think you can find a single Dane who believe he would be good enough to play for the Danish NT ... i mean, Schmeichel has won the English PL playing for an average PL team, with him being an absolutely key to their success ... Jonas Lössl is also a key player for an English PL team and Frederik Rønnow is also rated to be better than Olsen who is not even the best keeper in the Danish league ...

In fact, it's not even a question that has been up for debate in Denmark that Olsen is playing for Sweden ... except that some Danes find it strange that Sweden do not have a better 1st keeper playing abroad... I mean, the former Swedish FCK keeper Johan Wiland was much more highly respected, also being selected as FCK 'player of the year' and as Superliga 'keeper of the year' two years in a row ... and he never managed a move to one of the big leagues ...

I'm not saying that Olsen is a terrible keeper by Danish league standards ... and he would probably be worth around €3 million, but that does not make him good enough to play for an English PL team or a top team in Germany or Italy ... before he was linked to Roma, most fans in Denmark were thinking that he would probably be sold to an English Championship team, because he is big and strong, but otherwise is nothing special ...

6. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Monchi should have snatched perin before juve did

7. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What is it to you anyway?

He is Roma player now, so it's Roma's problem.

As far as I am concerned - every new player we get is a risky purchase, unless he works out in the end.

Granted, I feel more confident and eager for some players than others, but if 18 years of being a Roma fan have showed me something, it's that some players would perform decently, some would be pleasant surprises and some would be complete flops. And it's hard to tell which would be which until you know for sure once the real matches begin.

So stop that yammering already.

8. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The more one reads about Olsen the less impressive he seems. I get that we would never be able to get someone as good as Alisson but I was hoping Monchi would settle on someone fairly decent. Areola was an excellent choice and so was Schmeichel (more expensive but still could have gone for something reasonable). I think I would have preferred a stronger keeper even it jeopardized the Malcom deal. Malcom might turn into a star but Alisson has won us a lot of points by himself. Let's hope the overall strengthening of the team in attack can make up for the massive downgrade in the GK role.

Replacing a Ferrari with a Fiat.

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said my piece about Olsen but I really hope it works out and if not I hope Mirante still has enough left in the tank to carry the load. Who know, maybe by January Fuzato will beat them both out.

10. chaponga

chaponga Member

Roma
    Jul 11, 2011
    Arizona
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    most of us are asking him for the info . it's good insight

shiboboo and Huwaidee repped this.
  11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Even if Perin is bad, he'll do it with great volume.

Andreas, whill4, wm72 and 2 others repped this.
  12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The reason I gave my opinion (and other Danes opinion) is because the whole of Denmark find this sale to be the strangest move since the FCK sale of Andreas Cornelius to Cardiff for around £10 million (according to club owner Vincent Tan).

Cornelius returned to FCK 7 month later for an around £3 million fee and then a few years later was sold to Atalanta for around the same amount... people here are praising the excellent work by the FCK sales department, and FCK for not fielding him in any of their Superliga or Europa League qualifiers so far this season, so there has been no FCK games to scout him in ... while they also think that Roma must have done some very poor scouting last season .. most surely only having watched him playing for Sweden in the games against italy and then at the WC-18 ... this is what people think around here ...he is being signed for crazy money because he is the 1st keeper for Sweden and based on a very few NT games for Sweden, not least the two play-off games against Italy...

Java65 repped this.
  13. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    12m to Roma is really nothing. It may seem like alot to Danish clubs with a fraction of Roma's revenue. Even if he's only worth 3m, coupled with a strong World Cup, FCK know that Roma have money from Alisson's sale, any team would be paying more than 3m.

ErPupone repped this.
  14. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    I can assure you these clubs have access to more games/film than the average fan. Monchi didn't watch this guy play 6 times (4 WC + 2 vs Italy) and decide he could replace Alisson.

15. rdk3

rdk3 Member

AS Roma
    Mexico
    Jul 29, 2017
    Yeah, I don`t think Ceres is trying to rub it on our faces. It is good to know a little more about Olsen, even if only for the purpose of not getting our expectations too high. But even with the apparent somber panorama, most of us will support him and give him the benefit of doubt. Now bring me some Malcom and quality DM, I am really looking forward to this season.

16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well ... at least that part is true ... FCK do not really need to sell ... they are the "Bayern München" of Denmark and they got the by far most expensive squad, though they still failed misserably in the league last season ... still, there are lots of keepers who are a level or two better than Olsen ... so why would they spend €11.5 million on him ? ...

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 mil is a decent chunk of change for Roma.

18. rdk3

rdk3 Member

AS Roma
    Mexico
    Jul 29, 2017
    Maybe we were fooled, but I believe it is more likely they (and Barcelona) considered he has enough quality to build upon to make him better. Only time will say who is right.

Haakon24 repped this.
  19. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Maybe Monchi thinks he has the traits and with the help of our excellent goalkeeping coach Savorini we can take Robin to the next level.

20. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Welcome aboard, Robin. I know fcuk all about you.

Tward repped this.
  21. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah, but do we need him repeating it 7 times in the last 2 pages?

Haakon24 repped this.
  22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    We are spending 40m on Malcom, could spend up to 40m on Shick, 24m on Pastore and potentially 30m on Cristante. 12m today is like 4m pre-Neymar sale.

23. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Ajax fans were trying to tell us Kluivert is only worth 7m, but nobody seemed to care because he’s a name lol.

Olsen being signed for 11.5m and the world is falling.

25. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired