Monchi See Monchi Do

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    A report claims that Roma rejected an offer of 40M + Kovacic from RM.

3. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is not a bad swap if we can make it happen somehow. 50m + Kovacic would actually be reasonable I think.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My impressions is he's gearing up to do a medical. He was doing sprints with an oxygen mask yesterday. Just seems more than doing some pre-preseason fitness work. For me it would be a huge mistake to lose him.

5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long way to go in this transfer season but I'm not having a great feeling about next season.

Oban14 and Andreas repped this.
  6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I would definitely very strongly consider 50 million plus Kovacic.

On another note Tancredi Palmeri (I know...) is saying if Madrid get Alisson then Navas would go to Napoli. I would not enjoy facing Navas 2x a season.

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There were points last season where Perotti was about our only creative outlet on the team. Losing him puts A LOT of pressure on Kluivert, and a lot of hope in Pastore actually having a fully healthy campaign.

Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has been that since pjanic left. There was a problem with how he and kolarov linked up. But for me, if I was EDF I would be going to Perotti and giving him confidence to demand the ball and when he gets it go for it and be brave. He's at times too much of a team player and his personality shows as he's very humble.

I think the hole he will leave won't be fully appreciated until people realise halfway through the season just how much a guy with his brain brings to creating a flow. The one twos and chances created with him and Pastore would be a pleasure to watch. If they go with SES and kluivert and believe that to be adequate then I have to question their opinion on how they read the game.

For what Perotti brings he's not worth selling at his market value. Spurs will be the winners in this deal.

Shen-O, Rellum, wm72 and 4 others repped this.
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I’ve made my peace with it long time ago. There will be 2 creative players added, Pastore plus someone else, probably Ziyech. Perotti is not needed anymore.

With Pastore and Ziyech playing, you actually want clinical forwards like SES making runs in the box, I’m expecting a big season from him.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We'll see if there will be two creative players added because for years they've not been able to see this problem. Having 2 on the pitch at all times should be default. In the squad why not 3 for a long season? Not needed would be foolish to think. There is always room for an experienced smart player like Perotti in a squad. Considering all things for or his value on the pitch and around a squad, his age v the money his sale can generate its a mistake to let him go.

Rellum, Haakon24 and Tward repped this.
  11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is that we can find a suitable replacement for Perotti, we cannot find another LB even close to Kolarov. Either way, EDF needs to make it work between them. Also, Perotti would be a nice mentor for Kluivert

Tward repped this.
  12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, In my posts above I have stated many underrate just what he brings and that you wont find one so easy. Individual style players like SES are a dime a dozen, players with brains like Peortti are rare.

Rellum repped this.
  13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They are betting on Kluivert, who is closer in his style to Perotti than SES. He is good at dribbling and picking passes, and he will play a big role in the later stages of the season.

In midfield we have Coric and Pellegrini for depth. We should be ok from that aspect next year.

There was a report suggesting that Roma are looking to sign Ziyech AND Forsberg, which I highly doubt unless both Perrotti and SES are sold.

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I group them into team/creative players v more direct individual style attacker and for me I can see while Kluivert has a lot of potential he is the latter. He has a long way to go and deserves the patience of a number of seasons. Even more reason to offset that with a player like Perotti in your position.

I am not disagreeing that he will be sold. its looking that way. I'm saying it will be a mistake to do so. This time next year will give us the answer to that.

wm72, shiboboo and Tward repped this.
  15. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I wouldn't have been all that upset had we actually accepted that deal. Kovacic is a gem that I'd love to see on this squad.

Java65 repped this.
  16. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That report is certainly horseballs. An other one says Real don't want to sell him. I doubt they value him at 20-30m. Must be a lot more

wm72 and Java65 repped this.
  17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read something today that said RM won't sell him and if somebody want's him they'll have to meet his 300 mil buyout!

18. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Losing Radja and potentially Alisson, Manolas, and Perotti would be very difficult. I think Florenzi stays. He isn't as valuable to any other club and I doubt anyone would pay the wages he is requesting. Basically 4 starters with Under only been a starter for a few months. Additions will take time to learn/adjust to Serie A or will take summer + half a season to really find their place on the team and be integrated.

19. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    What if Kovacic himself wants out? Are they essentially gonna keep him hostage?

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    50m for Kovacic seems a lot.

21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they can afford to.

22. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  23. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I also don't buy the Manolas to Chelsea rumours. They are being linked with a host of Serie A players because of Sarri, who isn't even officially confirmed yet.

24. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    They have a transfer team headed by Marina Granovskaia that works irrespective of whatever manager is or isn’t in place.

Hence why Conte has serious tension with the board when they gave him Danny Drinkwater for 40 million or Ross Barkley/Bakayoko.

It could just be easy transfer bullshit like you say, but Manolas’ release clause is so reasonable that I can’t rule it out.

25. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's true, but Manolas also has to agree to the transfer.

While I accept it is a lot more attractive for foreign players to play in EPL compared with Serie A, I am not sure Roma to Chelsea is as attractive as many would think because Roma is a club with an upward trajectory, providing the stadium project is not cancelled of course.