News: Mommy - what's a DP? The 2017 other teams thread...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    Back during MLS 1.0, DC United was *the* model club, both on and off the pitch.
    So, what you're saying is that our fall from the top (MLS 2.0) is due in part to the drunken escapades of some other sonsuhbitches. [toothy grin]
    Got it.

2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    IMHO the worst was back in the days of the AOL threads when the writer from the Moonie Times attached the incident to the players every time they were mentioned in print. He was braced on it and launched a tirade about his integrity as a reporter and his rights. The next year he was fired for claiming he was covering an O's game for the paper while actually in a bar in DC. I feel for the kid he did something stupid, something I got away with time and again 45 years ago when society wasn't so PC. This will follow him all the rest of his life

3. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Effects At Specific B.A.C. Levels
    The effects of alcohol intoxication are greatly influenced by individual variations among users. Some users may become intoxicated at a much lower Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level than is shown.

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to
    respiratory arrest.

So, gross motor impairment, blurred vision and possible nausea isn't "too high"? That ass clown could have killed himself and some other folks.

jason1551, Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    These effects are for the average not the alcohol dependent.

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  5. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is something I don't understand, the 4th team of Concacaf will play a play off against the OFC team, and so was the last time; but it looks like it's changing every other edition or so, sometimes the OFC team plays a Concacaf one,sometimes a Conmbebol one, once an Asian team...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania_Football_Confederation
    I never understood these playoffs, logistically it would be a lot more natural if the OFC team plays an Asian one and the Conmebol and the Concacaf one clash against each other

Winoman repped this.
  7. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm sure a majority of teams too would rather play new zealand over anyone finishing in a south american or asian playoff spot

sitruc repped this.
  8. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    fatbastard repped this.
  9. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    That shit gives you cancer.

song219, fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  10. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I especially liked the "I'm from Canada" stunt, like they drive in the UK. Larin clearly was drunk and hoping to get home quickly and get laid with his "friend." Reminds me of when Barkley got busted in LV for dangerous driving while getting a blow job. "But officer, it was real good head."

Winoman repped this.
  11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just so you know, I repped this 13 times

Winoman repped this.
  12. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    It's very difficult to find it not to be at least great

JRHokie and Winoman repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Tony DiCicco has died.

14. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Winoman and John L repped this.
  16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    TowsonDad, ImNumberTen and sitruc repped this.
  17. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://www.court-side.com/news/umana-reyer-venezia-snatches-serie-title/

This is an incredible story, and what a season for Venetian sports! The basketball team wins the national title after 74 years, the soccer team made it back to serie B after two consecutive promotions, and the handicapped athlete Bebe Vio got the fencing gold medal at the Brazil Paralympic last fall!

ImNumberTen and Winoman repped this.
  18. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Russian player just kneed Pepe from behind in the balls. Shoulda been a Red.

19. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but it was against Pepe - so no foul.

Winoman repped this.
  20. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How there were no red cards at the end of New Zealand vs Mexico this afternoon, especially with VAR, is beyond me.

21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    How did their rowing teams do?

22. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is a big annual competition called Palio delle Repubbliche Marinare (rowing race of the Navy Republics) - the 4 (former) Navy Republics are Venice, Genoa, Pisa, Amalfi. They all had big kingdoms at one time, Venice is the one which lasted the longest, basically becoming an empire which arrived all the way to nowadays Istanbul. In the sport race of these days, Venice is like the Juventus of this Palio, they win often and they are always the team to beat

NicktheGreek and Winoman repped this.
  23. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I finished the latest in the series of Commissario Brunetti books by Donna Leon and there was a bit about the rowing championships in Venice.

24. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you ever travel to Venice and want a good guide book, get "Brunetti's Venice." My wife and I tried his bars and restaurants and were always pleased. The maps beat the usual guidebooks, also.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  25. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    Please tell me their nickname is "the Blinds"

song219 and NicktheGreek repped this.