News: Mommy - what's a DP? The 2017 other teams thread...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And England scoring at the death to take a point in Scotland!

2. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Back from Soccerplex, I don't even know where to start from; I guess I should start from the fact that we won and pass to the next round. For the positive sides, that's it. I have rarely been more embarassed than this in my life, we played an unwatchable first half against a pub team; they were fast, precise, always first on the ball, they humiliated us. I thought Ben would change somebody during the interval, but incredibly the team starting the second half was the same. Eventually he subbed in somebody, the Lloyd Sam change was what broke the game; Sam was dictating the rhytm from the minute he stepped in, and it didn;t take him long to be dangerous and eventually score. After the 2-1 (which came in the 81'), Christos FC melted, and we ended up adding another two. The 4-1 is a big punishment for Christos FC, they probably didn't even deserve to lose, but they ran like trains for 80 minutes and probably were without forces at the end. Our front office does not need to scout very far, a couple of these guys would deserve at least a tryout - I am not joking. Olsen at the end of the game even came under the supporters section to clap his hands, he really has no dignity. A couple of people shouted him to quit, and I bet he heard that clear and loud. Last but not least, the crowd; the game was basically a sell out, at least 70% of the people were Christos FC fans, they came down with 5 buses and a miriad of cars. For them it was the game of their life, considering they normally have 10 to 20 people going to home games. I felt like a USMNT fan in Rose Bowl when they play Mexico.

GumbyG and Winoman repped this.
  3. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Would they give up a good paying day job and move down to United's actual level? I think they'd quickly lose the love of the game and their self respect at DCU

4. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH MY GOD he had the audacity to thank the fans that trekked out to the plex to watch a DCU reserve team play an amateur team :eek::eek::eek: what an undignified asshole

some of you people are ********ing mental

5. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's not enough rep for this.

mosca, jason1551, Adler and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Read the line up, this was not a B team at all, I don't consider player like Boswell, Korb, Ortiz, Le Toux, Buescher as B players. Olsen should have just stayed at midfield to pet the players on their shoulders, we definitively do not need any clapping forcoming to the Soccerplex after a game like this, it's not like we went to Bhutan

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm beginning to think Olsen has been down so long he doesn't know which way is up. Apparently the finer points of the game now escape him and he only sees the final scoreline as the measure of this team's performance.
    As for the usual suspects named above, it's true they are a B team for anyone else claiming first division status. Sadly they're the a team here. Lower case a not a typo

8. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, let me adjust my comment:

OH MY GOD he had the audacity to thank the fans that trekked out to the plex to watch an understrengthed DCU team play an amateur team :eek::eek::eek: what an undignified asshole

some of you people are ********ing mental

9. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not that we are mental - it is DCU triggered PTSD.

james

Winoman and DangerMouse37 repped this.
  10. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    MLS has finally made it.

Aconti2, griffin1108, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  12. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You made me laugh out loud in my office, as I was thinking something similar when I posted the link in this thread. Thanks.

Winoman and benni... repped this.
  13. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    Nah, nah.
    Only when it gets breathlessly reported by ESPN, with the tagline:
    "What will this mean to [perp's MLS team] going forward?"

Then we'll have hit the Big Time.

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not the first MLS player to be arrested for that (or worse), although maybe those earlier arrests did help propel MLS from 1.0 to 2.0 :)

Adler repped this.
  15. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What we need now to jump to the big leagues is a player-fan punchout or an Eric Cantona-like Kung Fu moment in the stands.

Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Nothing compared to "Say it ain't so, Mario" when Gori and Diaz Arce were falsely accused of Rape in Cowlumbus. Oddly, the still unnamed trollop first accused Marco Etcheverry and Carlos Valderrama ID'd from photos in the MLS media guide. When informed that her first choices were in South America for Internationals she quickly switched to Raul and Mario.
    Those were saner days despite the whole debacle because I don't recall any political campaigns based on building walls between the USA and Argentina or El Salvador to keep those momma raping soccer players out, None the less it was a mess for a year until charges were dropped on the eve of the trial

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  17. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    #267 John L, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    I thought she ID'ed Etcheverry and Moreno at first - But yeah - That was terrible for a while - Then the story of her ID'ing players who were in SA came out - And the staff police in the station were going to testify to that effect

Winoman repped this.
  18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Reading the article, Larin is FOK'd. He blew almost .18. Intoxication in Florida is .08. If I remember correctly, .30 is unconscious, .40 is comatose and .50 is dead. He was almost blind drunk while driving. My guess is he will be on the shelf for awhile, maybe the rest of the season.

19. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is he will end up on an EPL team in the North - that kind of BAL is nothing up there.

NicktheGreek and Winoman repped this.
  20. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take him here in a heartbeat. I will be his designated driver.

21. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Better choice than being his designated liver.

Hedbal repped this.
  22. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Blowing that high should get him nominated to the board of directors of almost every supporter's group in the wide wide world of soccer

tallguy repped this.
  23. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    .18 isn't super high.

24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It's super dumb.

25. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll never forget all the TV stations trotting out video footage of Gori and Diaz Arce in orange jump suits. Dark times.

Winoman repped this.