Mod Discussion

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So wait - Placid Casual has been a B.S. member since 2004 and was red carded by the neo Nazis for what, exactly?

Or is this like Fiosfan being tossed because he used the word globalization which the lefties just decided to ban because reasons?

This place has become a shithole.

hangthadj, Psycho_Derek and Jim Bach repped this.
  2. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, too, wonder, what gets someone who's been here for 14 years suddenly banned. Most of the time, the red carding deservedly goes to some recently surfaced troll, and the reasons for the ban are evident. The mood in here is dark enough as it is, without now, seemingly, needing to worry about getting banned for...what, exactly? And, honestly, month often month of this Crew to Austin drama has resulted in people on this thread (myself included) getting pretty jumpy and thin skinned, to the point where we're not exactly always on our best behavior, wander off topic (to say the least), until (as I imagine it) we finally reach a breaking point, push away from the keyboard and retreat, muttering gibberish to ourselves, clutching a bottle of booze, and eventually pass out in some lonely corner. Only to wake up the next day, realizing through the fog that, no, this isn't just a nightmare, walk back to the keyboard, and go through the cycle again.

Anyway, if there's anyway to NOT red card long time members, I'd appreciate it. If MLS ends up screwing us over, we're all going to leave BigSoccer on our own, anyway.

And fvck you, Anthony Precourt, for destroying what's been one of the most amazing communities, and richest histories, in the history of American soccer. You've brought us to this state, you pompous dickhead.

3. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the red card due to a deleted post? If not then this is pretty dumb.

#free placid

Timon19 and Psycho_Derek repped this.
  4. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to appeal the red card of PC.

While I find him curt, surly, confrontational, and sometimes insufferable, he is who he is and posts what he posts.

I can only assume the card has something to do with our exchange yesterday.
    I asked a clearly ignorant question. (I haven't been following the EPL that much over the last couple of years--**GASP!**--and saw that Hart had in fact been called into the roster for a friendly as recently as March). People get flamed for asking stupid questions. And people get "attacked" with some frequency.

For the record, I did NOT report any posts from our exchange, and I don't think any posts were deleted--to my recollection, all the posts from yesterday are there for all to see.

Yeah, I'm generally a pretty mild mannered guy and was clearly put off by his responses, and, as Minnman pointed out above, we are more thin-skinned around here lately because obvious reasons, myself included. But I wouldn't consider his posts as attacking.

Besides, let him have his fun while England is on a roll. At least until they lose in the Final to Belgium or France on PK's. ;)

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s a 15 page thread about Fiosfan in the customer service forum that YOU STARTED, and never returned to. Despite multiple times people tagged you. That decision was explained endlessly.

TrueCrew repped this.
  6. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait five minutes, and then check your PMs.

7. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (And I don't get all the KCbus hate around here.)

CrewV Man and CybrSlydr repped this.
  8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    For me, it's the over the top devotion that MLS is a beacon of purity that cannot be questioned.

9. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Is a red card a permanent ban?

10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Hope not. This is a better place with Placid.

11. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get your hopes up.

12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold on there Kimo.

Lets try injecting just a smidgen of truth, shall we?

I started that thread in MLS N&A , which is where it belonged since the entire thing with the SJW crowd attacking the man started there. He was the guy who did the daily news aggregation for many many moons and he had had to quit because of this insane, ridiculous, over the top garbage about how him using the word globalization in his signature meant he hates Jews.

It was so stupid it boggled the imagination, and since this was obvious the mods - you, in fact - moved the thread elsewhere to hide your ckkmplicity anc allow the SJW weenies to go whole hog whacko.

Im not stupid, thanks. It was a setup and I refused to play. You put the thread back wherw it belongs and Ill have plenty of comments to make. But when you hide it in a forum almost no one haz ever visited, wd all know why.

And arent you the asshole - or was it Youshou - who sent me an jntellectually insulting pm explaining how it waz all because you were trying to spare the feelings of "our Jewish members" as if anyone had ever complained or wers likely to..

Dont you dare come at me with this garbage. Don't you fuking dare.

You want to have it out? Fine by me pal. Right here, right now. If you have the guts.

But if you want to hide the crime jn some bullshit sub forum and then get a leftie asswipes to beg me to participate, kiss my white hairy ass.

13. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Working with other mods to deal with this situation. Yes, there are deleted posts that precipitated this. It wasn't the back and forth with TKyle. Plus, this wasn't the first back and forth with PC and the mods.

I'd appreciate it if we didn't call KCbus homophobic. It's not warranted. If you want to take that up with me, do it over PM. It's not going to help the discourse around here. We've got enough issues as a fanbase right now to not eat our own. You can criticize my and his moderation all you want. But, I don't think we need to cloud up the World Cup, Crew to Austin, etc. threads with that talk.

And if any of you think what I've done as mod is inappropriate, I'd appreciate it if you can voice your displeasure to me. If we can't work it out, we can take it to the supermods. This is a thankless job and it would help if you lot wouldn't jump to the very worst insults immediately.

14. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    I for one never clutch a bottle of booze. Caress maybe, but never clutch.

SourCream&OnionUtd and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  15. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 KCbus, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    OK asshole, you're on.

I didn't move the thread. Ismitje did. Believe me or not, I don't care.

Regardless of where the thread was, you were tagged in it several times by people trying to get you back to respond to the other side of the story. You either didn't give enough of a shit to hear the other side because you just made up your mind and refused to listen to it, or because you just didn't want to admit you could be wrong and that someone else might know something you don't, or because you didn't have the guts to have a real conversation.

Fiosfan had been trolling for a long, long time. He had repeatedly violated rules, refused to listen to anyone's requests to change his behavior, racked up enough violations given out by a myriad of different moderators to the point where they couldn't all be viewed at one time on the same page, and gave a giant middle finger to the people who run this website. And they were supposed to keep him around, because -- what? He posts a lot of links? Whoopdeegoddamndo. That's a huge undertaking, yeah. Which hasn't missed a beat since he left.

Convince yourself all you want that a bunch of liberal SJWs got out a blowtorch on a conservative poster. You're not that stupid -- or maybe you are. His ban was a long time coming, and it was a last straw situation. He was repeatedly interjecting political garbage into places where it wasn't appropriate, and was warned dozens of times that it wasn't going to be permitted.

And if you had enough balls to be honest with everyone for even one damn minute, you would just come out and admit that the reason you got your panties in a twist over his banning was because you side more with his politics than the politics of the people doing the banning. And you think that anyone on your side should be able to do anything they want, without repercussions. You believe that for yourself, as well. You and I have tangled a handful of times, but I can only think of three times TOPS that I've actually taken some kind of moderator action against you; only infracting you once. But every time it's happened, instead of just taking your medicine, you've taken to threatening me about having me removed as a moderator, or pointing out that you're a paid contributor to the site and I should watch how I treat you, because you should be above the law as well.

You're a very rough and tumble poster, but behind the scenes, you're every bit the whining little bitch you portray everyone else to be.

Oh, and since this is the last time I intend to address you directly, one last tip: Learn to f****ng type, would you? Or at least proofread your stuff.

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Part of it is how he attempts to cover his obvious insecurities about his own opinions with not so thinly veiled moderator threats. Part of it is that he has the reasoning capacities of a 4 year old child. Part of it is his habit of holding longstanding petty grudges.

He’s just a bit of a ninny who doesn’t offer much to the conversation.

Other than that I’m sure he’s a great guy.

Crew Chuck35, Timon19 and Crewmudgeon repped this.
  17. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm creating a thread for the meta-discussion about moderation in this forum. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it!

18. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @hardhead
    Please don't remove that. I'll leave it at that, but leave that up. It's my parting shot.

I re-resign. I only came back because we hadn't found a replacement yet, and I figured that place needed at least two mods. But it's not worth it anymore. Clearly, all the years I've spent working here and being a Crew fan have garnered me absolutely no respect, despite personal differences. It's no longer worth it.

Enjoy Austin.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Can’t believe this thread isn’t stickied. This place really is a shithole.

20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Well slap my ass and call me confused. Maybe I should read this thread?

...then again, threads like this tend to raise more questions than actually have answers.

Off I go...

21. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's rich coming from you.

redi44crew, TrueCrew, ZipSix and 2 others repped this.
  22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Wait, are we gonna get some hot, three-way action now??

Pretty please???

Bill Archer and hangthadj repped this.
  23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Grudges really aren’t my style. They take too much time and energy to maintain. My dislikes and hatred and much more visceral.

But, beyond that, I like everyone here (even you!) except KC Bus.

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I go away for a half hour and the three-way still hasn't happened. What the ********, people?