MLS fan needs a copy of RSL's debut

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by jallan7982, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jallan7982

jallan7982 New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any folks out there who saved a copy of yesterday's RSL/NY game that could trade me a copy for another game? I'm one of the many nationally who got .. um.. 'treated with respect' by DirecTV yesterday to the tune of a black screen for the entire 1st half. I really wanted to add this game to my collection. I think that, unlike the earlier Florida expansion teams, that RSL is gonna really stick around and succeed. They did a great job of setting the team up for success early with the acquisitions they made (compared to that Chivas outfit, it's no contest), and I look forward to watching them for years to come. Feel free to email me if you can help me out. I really wanted to add this special game to collection, and hopefully somebody can help. Thanks, and from a Galaxy fan first (I know.. I know.. I think it was kinda crappy the way Landon ended up in LA myself.. but it almost makes up for us getting stuck with Jorje Campos and Andrew Shue the first season!) here's hoping you have a great future in MLS. I think the league is gonna bust out bigtime in the next few years - likely after the US makes a big mark in WC06 in Germany.. and your team will be a big part of that success.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a friend in Utah that is sending me a KSL (Utah) version of the Metros/RSL game. If you want a copy, email or PM me a name & address.

3. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Are you sure you want a copy?

[​IMG]

4. jallan7982

jallan7982 New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hehe.. granted, scoring wasn't much to speak of in the game (from the half I was able to see at least).. and the weather didn't help matters much. The action, however, was fairly entertaining - much more so than, say, that joke of a game between Chivas USA and DC. I've seen AYSO games more organised than that. I don't read too much into the first game of a season (being a Galaxy fan, I'd better not!). I had about a gazillion sports tapes 'disappear' while moving from SoCal to Texas in 1998, and some I miss most are games from the initial Galaxy team in 1996 - not so much for their winning, but just watching Campos botch play after play in goal while still being called a 'star' for some damn reason, watching Andrew 'Melrose Place' Shue pretend he could play competitive soccer - even at fledgling MLS level. Years from now, when RSL has built a solid team (basically, when some of that great young talent you have grows up a bit) you'll enjoy looking back at this team fighting like heck to come together.

5. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    If you can get to a high-speed internet connection then you can watch the game online.

There was only 1 Florida expansion team (Miami). Chicago was the other expansion team. Tampa was an original team but never had an owner. Good owners are the key to sticking around. RSL has one. Miami a lot of people say didn't.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alternately, I could send you a copy of the MSG feed. :D

7. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004