MLS Bracket Challenge

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SenordrummeR2, Oct 24, 2016.

1. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #51 GoRSL, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Crap, looks like I missed this thread earlier and didn't get into this BS league. :(

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all I have left is Seattle. I had them losing to NYRB in the final, as well

3. JZK316

JZK316 Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Land of Leprechauns
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my bracket is done, I only got Toronto right and had them loosing to NYRB. XD

4. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon, where's the love for our brothers to the east?

:D

5. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    As much as admitting this may please @JasonMa, when I saw that Colorado beat LA, I was quite pleased. Going forward, I don't much care, as long as it's not LA or SKC.

I guess my hatred is tied much more to history than geography. My apologies to everyone involved with the RMC who may feel otherwise.

JasonMa repped this.
  6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will admit to a self-satisfied chuckle when I see that huge payroll fail to reach the pinnacle.

El-ahrairah and GoRSL repped this.
  7. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our brother's to the east? Who are you talking about in the Eastern Conference?

Oops! My bad. You mean our "brothers" on the other side of the mountains that are constantly stoned. Sorry.

BTW, @JasonMa, I won't tell mom about the "oregano" that you have hidden in your room.

8. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, tonight's election made one thing clear: I'm hoping for Toronto to win this year. Go Canada!

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I just realized I'm currently in the lead for our bracket challenge. I haven't watched a single playoff game since RSL was eliminated, and don't really much care at this point. But what do I get if I win?

Hoping for a coaster or something good...

10. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

SenordrummeR2 and Ivensor repped this.
  11. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A coaster is something good?

12. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI. The upcoming MLS Cup could be played in a blizzard for the first time (if weather cooperates) and in Canada for the first time (if Toronto cooperates).

If Toronto wins their series with Montreal, the MLS Cup will be played in Canada since according to the MLS website, the higher seed hosts the final. Toronto was the third seed in the East and Seattle was the fourth seed in the West, ergo, Toronto will host the MLS Cup game if they win. However, if Montreal wins the series, Seattle hosts since Montreal was the fifth seed in the East.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-cup-playoffs/2016/bracket

I really didn't care who won in the East as long as they beat the stupid Sounders/Rapids, but now, I want to see the MLS Cup game in a snowstorm with an orange soccer ball and everything. Go Toronto!!! Allez Toronto!! Forza Toronto!!

13. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I know I brought this up before, but the playoffs schedule sucks. Why was there a semi-final yesterday and the other not till Wednesday. Why is the final not till 10 days after that? I'm bored already.

SenordrummeR2 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we like to ignore the 2010 MLS Cup, it was a ********ing terrible one, but come on man...
    [​IMG]

El-ahrairah and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the lack of a game for the Eastern Conference yesterday was because the championship of the Canadian Football League - the Grey Cup - was hosted at BMO Field yesterday, and TFC has the home leg as the higher seed. They're waiting the extra days to let the field recover somewhat. I imagine the break after that stems from the delay, plus the 10th seems like the weekend with the lowest number of competing events (esp. college football).

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's rather ironic, with all the push MLS has put on the new teams coming in, that these playoffs have been so utterly ********ed up by shared stadiums. Shared stadiums that MLS has no intention of making the MLS team move out from.

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like any new team should have a stadium built within x years of starting. I can understand allowing a team a few years to share a stadium while they get their own built, but I feel like within 5 years you should be in your own place. It's already a pain trying to build an MLS schedule with FIFA dates, CCL, and USOC to consider. Adding in shared stadiums with the MLS team being secondary makes all of that worse.

18. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, duh. I stand corrected.

Still, MLS Cup in a snowstorm would be cool.

19. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you didn't even tell us who won the Grey Cup (Ottawa Red Blacks or if you are French, Rouge Noir).

And for all you who think that the NFL lets too many teams with mediocre records in the playoffs, Ottawa won their division with a 8-9-1 record and then went on to win the Grey Cup by beating the Calgary Stampeders. Talk about a Cinderella story!

20. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with TFC is they did build their own stadium, and they were the sole occupants for many years. The problem is BMO Field is not owned by Toronto FC, it is owned by the city of Toronto. When the Blue Jays announced that they were changing Rogers Centre field to grass, it became apparent that the Argonauts would have to move and the only viable option was BMO Field. TFC and MLS could've made more of a stink about moving the Argonauts into the stadium, but shareholders of MLSE own the Argos, so it was a win-win for them.

21. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I was meaning more in general. When you've got teams like Seattle and NE who have to share with their NFL teams, plus all the other shared stadium situations, it really makes it a pain to schedule. I fully understood it during the early days of the MLS, but I feel like we're at a point now where teams should really have a place where they are the primary team. It would be different if the MLS club is the primary team, and other teams are scheduling around that, but that doesn't seem to be the case for most/all of the MLS teams who share stadiums.

22. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha. Seattle makes sense. It's a downtown stadium that was designed for soccer. There isn't really another downtown location where they could build a stadium. New England made sense during the cash strapped years, but it's time Kraft built a stadium for the Revs. Other than those two and TFC, who else shares a stadium? Houston and Dallas share with college football teams, but the MLS teams are the primary tenants. Portland shared with a college at one point (not sure if that is still the case). LA shares parking with a college. NYCFC shares with the Yankees. Are there any others?

23. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think BC place is the Whitecaps.

24. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right; I forgot about BC Place. The Whitecaps share BC Place with the BC Lions.

25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't Atlanta also going to be sharing?