Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    same here.....

REBULA V1 JP (UK6.5 US7.5) - NEW!
    Metallic black-silver-blue atol

Morelia II (MiJ) UK6.5 US7.5 - NEW!
    black-white-red

apparently, it seems getting tighter for me......middle-aged growth spurt spell!

PM me......for pic n pricing

Jaxinho repped this.
  2. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    just gonna bump it on this page too haha. they're up on the swapshop now. @kiongsm i dont know how but im 28 and still growing too apparently :/

3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From Kohie's blog. The top Ten selling boots on Rakuten are almost the red Morelia IIs!!! Wow! And I was wrong. They are limited to 5000 pairs.

kiongsm repped this.
  4. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    While we're talking buy and sell, I would be interested in Morelia 2's or Morelia Neos in 26.5 / UK7.5 if anyone has any.

5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    haha i mayte, i think you need to put some perspective into that.

Most of ust get our Mizunos from rakuten which is typically at least $100 cheaper than the prices on the likes of Soccer.com and even Unisport/PDS where MOST people can buy them. a quick check on soccer.com shows that the Morelia Neo 2's cost $289 WITHOUT discount. especially when you consider even the top range nike/adidas boots no longer go over $300 like they used to.

as much of a mizuno fan boy as i am, i'm not sure i'd be able to recommend in good faith a mizuno boot in that price range.

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    #3532 derbyyank13, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    I have a used pair of White Morelia Neo IIs that I am selling in that size. I have a new pair of Morelia Neo IIs in a 26/UK 7 as well.

I can DM you pictures if you'd like.

Edit: Both are MiJ

Edit edit: @jayc23 it looks like the White Rebulas are getting marked down here now. Thought I'd give you a heads up! https://item.rakuten.co.jp/pit-sports/p1ga188009/
    https://www.sports-ws.com/item/F181MZ0002.html

jayc23 repped this.
  8. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    @derbyyank13 I may be interested in your Neo II UK 7, and Yh I noticed that about the Morelia II I couldn’t wait so have preordered just in case I missed out!!!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not too keen on white boots actually, and I fear that a size 7 Neo would be too small for me.
    26.5 in the Morelia 2 fits me like a (almost too tight) glove! Haha

derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    DM'd you.

Yeah I was tempted but the wife would have my head if bought them!
    Fair enough!

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Haha I beat him to it!! Oh nice! Good timing then!

13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    would you say true to size or? Soccercleats101 said half size up but some of his info sometimes is just weird for me. SR4u mentioned true to size though.

14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    The Rebula is true to size! I wear a 255 on all my Nikes and Mizunos and I got the chance to wear a 260 Rebula V1 and it was too long for me.

jayc23 repped this.
  15. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I apologize for the double post but I gotta tell you guys I did a little hot water trick on my Monarcida 2 Neo JPs. Made me feel a little bad doing it but it was very minor.
    I own the boots now for almost a month and I still get blisters on my heel. What ends up happening is I attend my weekly Wednesday night 11v11 (which is 2.5 hours long) and then the blister opens up again which I have to let heal for the next Wednesday. Fortunately I have no league games for Spring but I do have a lot scheduled starting June for Summer.

This happens to me every time the heel area is too ‘deep’ compared to the usual Nikes I wear. This happened with my Morelia II and even the Phantom 3 Low. I’m also trying a replacement insole right now which feels comfy when I stand around in my shoes at home but I have yet to try them on-field.

Overall, though, I still love them like when they were brand new. One of the great things about Mizuno is that there is no ‘new boot syndrome’ for me. They are trustworthy and consistent.

jayc23 repped this.
  16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

have you tried other insoles for say the Currexpro ones? Honestly they feel like one of the best i've tried so far.

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    True to size for sure.

I have no idea why Bryan went half a size up.

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    That’s actually what i’m using! I sold off my Storelli Grip ones because they are simply too thin. Thinner than the Zero Glide, even.
    I love the currexsole! I tried the ActivePro and the RunPro but the latter is too thick for most football boots. Gonna try them on tonight!

derbyyank13 and jayc23 repped this.
  19. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry for double posting again but just look at that MIJ silhouette compared to the MII. Just. A. Lot. Sexier.

Attached Files:

MRBA and derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah it does. The leather looks even softer than the first Rebulas.

Jaxinho and jayc23 repped this.
  21. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looks like the foot opening is a lot bigger too, which IMO makes a boot much more comfortable (and also easier to put on).

jayc23 repped this.
  22. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Not mij but awesome IMG_20180526_193022.jpeg IMG_20180526_193017.jpeg IMG_20180526_193011.jpeg

jayc23, derbyyank13 and john_mizuno8 repped this.
  23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    South Korean defender Young-sun Yun with the Rebula 2 after their 2-0 win vs Honduras.

2E51B3CF-F7F5-498A-BBBD-ABF9D1654C82.jpeg

MRBA, derbyyank13 and jayc23 repped this.
  24. littlepeaface

littlepeaface New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
    hi all,

should i get a pair of mij mizuno morelia neo 2 from a guy via a platform like ebay or should i get a pair from rakuten? i guess my concerns would be with regard to durability, since the ebay guy would probably have bought it a year ago, whereas buying it from rakuten would mean that it is more "freshly" produced?

Correct me if i'm wrong! Thanks!

25. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    After not having worn my Neos for close to 2 years, I wore them instead of the Morelia KR AF or my Wave Cup SS, and I have to say, I am no longer a fan of the speed boots. I dont know if it is age, but I am leaning more towards comfort than saving a few ounces. Another interesting point that I noticed is that if I wore the Wave cups SS for a period of time, and then switched to the Morelias, the traction felt funny and my running was off.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.