Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Fingers crossed, I'd buy 10 pairs... lol. I'm on my last box of 2010 WC white and red mixed upper and 2 boxes left of WAVE CUP SS red.... none are as good as the OG 2002 all leather version. Rivaldo wave cups and the Morelia ULs are my all time favorite boots. Wish both would get a run.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    You and me both!! I definitely would want several pairs.

I had found some Morelia ULs and I absolutely love the boots but I sold them to a teammate so I could buy the Rebulas - which fit me better.

jayc23 and temesgen repped this.
  3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    i'm surprised you like the Wave Cup SS's so much. I have never been this disappointed with a Mizuno boot before till i met it.

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't like the WC SS as well as the all leather WC Rivaldo, I bought 4 pair without trying because I really like Wave Cups. They are not as nice but better than nothing, at least for me. That said, I'd strongly be in favor of Mizuno sticking to making all leather rather than mixed upper boots.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    IMG_3272.JPG I know this should technically go on the boot sporting forum but this is your guys specialty and I know you’ll know the answer. Is Honda in a Rebula 2 prototype or just a blackout rebula

derbyyank13, jayc23 and Jaxinho repped this.
  6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    looks like a prototype? for starters theres no mizuno logo on the out side of the boot.

7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I think its the Rebula 2. The CT frame on the outside looks similar to the leaked pictures IMO.

Oli Coultas repped this.
  8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

yea agree. looks that way with the mizuno logo shifted infront.

Oli Coultas and derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

DAT RED MORELIA 2 THOUGH.

sigh, now i'm in a dilemma to wait for these to go on discount, or to just grab the white Rebulas when they go on discount soon.

probably end up with both tbh HAHA

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    They've added literally the only thing I wanted the original Rebulas to have...suede lining the heel!!

Now they are perfect for me!

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sorry for the double post but the Morelia II and the Morelia Neo II will be limited to 2500 pairs globally for the red colour.

Jaxinho repped this.
  12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    oh man the black gold ones. looks exactly like my Wave Ignitus 2's. man i might make that switch now HAHAHA

derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is there anyway to find a pair of coloured Morelias anymore? Or do I just have to wait until another colourway is released?

I've been thinking I want to try something other than just the regular black/white ones, and I remember liking those samurai blue, and bee yellow ones that were released a while back.

Also, how does Easy Order work? And what options are available? Is it possible to get an AG stud pattern on a pair of MIJ Morelias?

14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Man, I was blindsided! I was saving up for either the black and blue atoll Morelia 2 or the Seleção Neo 2 but it looks like i’m gonna have to add the red Rebula 2 and the red Neo 2 to that list!

When does the Passion Red pack release anyway?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Jax,

mid-Jun in JP

Jaxinho repped this.
  16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Jaxinho repped this.
  17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I’m super excited about the suede heel liner and that wrap-around tongue!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I think they will. JayMike loved the first ones. The release in Europe seems to be a bit later...

20. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    like the yellow 30 anniversaries, no TF :mad:

Attached Files:

21. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    63B03CA9-DFCF-485E-A232-F4149FBF0B4E.jpeg

This is funny. I have been tuning in to SR4U for about 4 years now and even though we don’t see eye-to-eye on most things, I think this pulled the last straw I didn’t even think I had.
    On this list he mentioned an MIJ Morelia Neo 2. Called it ‘overpriced,’ ‘not worth it,’ and he even said he’d much prefer a Copa 18.1. What??

Don’t get me wrong. I consider myself a well-educated 24-year-old and I very, very rarely get offended over things I read/see on the internet but for some reason this annoyed me. I honestly think he is slowly being exposed.

The adidas Copa 18.1 is a cry for help for adidas. It is an afterthought. It doesn’t even compare to its direct competitor, the Legend 7. When he said he actually considers the Copa a way better value than the Neo 2, he obviously just wants more kids and teens to click on those ‘buy it now links’ because those soccer stores he partners with have WAY more Copas to dispose of than Neo 2s to sell. Pathetic.

gusgorman and sscholz700 repped this.
  22. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hi all if anyone is interested in a slightly used pair of MiJ morelias or two I am trying to downsize my collection. Both are in a US9.5, one is the original Morelia 2 and the second is an easy order pair with everything normal just a short tongue. If you need pics etc let me know cheers