Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    The differences usually become more apparent after you've played a few games in them. (although I've not had neos, just morelias)

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    In the morelias you feel it at first i think. I have both morelias and neos mij and mii

jayc23 repped this.
  3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    A massive thank you to my buddy at the local sports shop. He hooked me up with this boot cleaning kit!! DSC_1919.jpeg DSC_1918.jpeg

jayc23, john_mizuno8, sscholz700 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi guys,

Anyone interested in a pair of Wave Ignitus 3's? Size is US9.5. If so, email me at stumax@optusnet.com.au . Price? Make me an offer! Still not sure why I got that size, too big for me, I wore them for 10 minutes just to see what the grippy stuff on the upper was all about, so they are essentially brand new. Felt like I was wearing clown shows but when I pinged the ball it was pretty amazing.

Stu.

Attached Files:

5. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    BTW, you guys who have MIJ Rebulas - I understand the heel liner is a bit different to the MII ones, correct? Is it softer & grippier? I found my MII Rebulas were rubbing on the outside of my heel a bit, so I glued some artificial suede inside the heel liner, basically covering all of the light blue section. This addition stopped the rubbing completely and totally transformed the comfort level of the boots in the heel area (still not as nice as the Tiempo 7's in that respect, though).

Only problem is, now my feet seem to have grown somehow (I'm 50 - work that out!), my US8.5's are too small even with thin socks, so I need to get another pair half a size up. I also find the tongue works its way across my foot to the outside whilst playing in them, which is a real pain. Not sure if the MIJ tongue with its extra padding will help here. Just wondering if switching to the MIJ ones will help solve these problems or if I should just stick with the MII's. Thanks!

Stu.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I feel the heel in the MiJ version is slightly more padded. The tongue still slips around slightly though.
    Normally as you age your feet splay out more. My dad runs a lot and his last pair of running shoes are half a size bigger than he used to get. He's also had to buy new dress shoes.
    @kiongsm is best person to ask as far as comparisons go. He has both boots.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    REbula V1 JP is tighter initially, needs a few games to break in n the leather soften up much; toe-box a little lower than i wanted; heel lining is much softer, yes-tongue does slide outwards

V1 (Indonesia) = higher toe-box (which i preferred), wider heel collar at the end, lining is less soft vs V1 JP but does not give me any problems; yes-again tongue slide outward

i wish they made it wider at the forefoot and better cushioned insoles (asics SpEva insoles would be great)

yes, i'm a UK6.5; recently it seems the fit is getting tighter/more snug.....i doubled-socks (those thin cotton working socks) i may just hv no more than 3mm btwn my toe-end and the tip of the boots

can't really choose btwn the 2 - EQUALLY GREAT!

the "metallic-black" upper of the V1 JP does shins out, yet the "matt" black looks so CLASSY

bottom-line, just LOVE them both!

ps: recently i got hold of the monarcida 2 Neo Japan
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pit-sports/item/p1ga172001/
    currently on sale, great value-for-$; another top quality MiJ choice

derbyyank13, Jaxinho and newone88 repped this.
  8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

they look gorgeous tbh. worthy of a well-crafted boots like Mizunos.

ugh, just need to wait for the white ones to drop in price now! just got my friend a pair of Morelia 2's. he's a convert now LOL

derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for the info, guys! I just ordered some MIJ Rebulas from Unisportstore.com, very heavily discounted, shipped they ended up costing 148euro. They're pink unfortunately, but I guess that's why they were half price. I'll have to black them out or my team won't let me on the pitch with them. I wonder if it's possible to make the outsole black? I've died plastics in the past using Rit alcohol based dye but it needs to soak overnight. May be an option.

Stu.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are there any good, high end, Mizuno options with an AG-soleplate?

I've been trying out different brands to try and find the perfect boot for those times we play or train on artificial grass. The best soleplate I've tried so far has been the Tiempo Legacy 5 - but they start hurting my midfoot after 20 minutes of wear time.

A Mizuno Morelia II combined with that configuration would be perfect. Is there anything that gets me close to that?

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Mizuno used to make the Morelia II specifically for turf but when the new Morelia II was made to be used on turf and grass. I use my Rebulas on turf all the time with no issues. Of course our AG pitches are some the nicest I've played on.

Jaxinho repped this.
  12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

they do have them!

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...P1GA185914-Blue-Atoll-Blue-Depths-166202.aspx

gusgorman repped this.
  13. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    The problem I have with that is that FG studs are just too long to use on AG. I don't have issue with the grip being too aggressive, but I feel like I am raised up too high above the ground if I wear them.

Maybe the issue here is the quality of the AG pitches I am playing on?

14. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I suggest not to use FG plates on AG pitches.. I got an ACL tear cause of my FG Morelias because the studs "stuck" in the plastic grass surface.. Now I only use my Turf Morelias and desperately wait for a new Made in Japan version of them!

jihado86 and gusgorman repped this.
  15. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Good advice. I never where FG on AG pitches anymore either.

At the moment I have a pair of Umbro Speciali AG which I picked up cheap. If I didn't have them I would wear my turf trainers.

And yes I would love there to be MIJ Morelia AG and TF available!

16. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Sold out in almost all sizes though. How do these fit compared to the Morelia 2? In case I find a pair in my size.

Yeah, I've been using my usual MIJ Morelia, but I think they sometimes stick a bit to much to the ground. Not good enough in terms of support either really, leading to a lot of soreness and pain in my lower body and back after games.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Often I think about this when people are talking about AG. There’s just several forms of it. For one instance, I always play at either a local high school’s american football field and the other a park with the exact same AG. I have used a variety of FG boots on that and never have I experienced being ‘higher’ off the ground than usual. I just call this kind of AG ‘the same surface they play NFL on’ or ‘what the MLS plays on.’

And then there was this one time last winter when I tried 5-a-side footy at a different park. From the start when looking at the playing surface it looks similar but it’s actually shallow. I went there with my Copa 17.1 thinking its FG/AG soleplate would be okay. But no, it gave me a ton of problems that I didn’t last an hour playing.
    And that’s when I thought, maybe this other kind of AG is what everyone is fussing about.

gusgorman repped this.
  18. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Yep exactly. I think AG manufacturers actually make a distinction between professional grade AG and the poorer quality stuff.

Most of the AG pitches in the UK are rough/cheap/worn out. I'd much rather play on a poorly maintained natural surface that was a water logged mud bath or baked hard from the sun.

19. Joshua Ho

Joshua Ho New Member

Arsenal
    Singapore
    Apr 13, 2018
    West Lafayette
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Hi guys, anyone know if its still possible to get the Rebula MIJ in a US sz 12 (black/blue atoll colorway) anywhere? Tried looking all over the web but no luck.

20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    We also have a ton of HG boots here that everybody seems to use on turf. But I've also seen everybody who wears Mizuno use FG on turf. I'm not the only guy on my team who does so.

But the AG pitches here are top notch.

gusgorman repped this.
  22. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I play almost exclusively on turf, well the fake grass turf that's everywhere now and have been playing in Morelia Neos with no issues. Traditional soleplates with the round studs seem to perform pretty well on turf. You want to avoid any kind of stud with a sharp angle like the studs used on Vapors or the old Adidas Traxion offerings.

23. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  24. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, I was lucky many times to not get injured with the Kaiser 5 Liga. That type of round classic studs doesn't work at all with artificial grass, but I think boots like Nike Premier and Umbro Speciali Eternal can work, their studs are smaller and softer, they don't seem to get stuck into the grass.

25. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I use Morelia 2's right now, and they don't give me enough support, so I doubt Neos would be any better.