Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sorry for the double post. They might be the last holdouts. Mizuno wants to increase their sells overseas. It doesn't help if everyone just buys from Japan directly instead.

2. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for your input, guys. I gave the Rebulas another go today with normal socks. I can see why the heel blistering was happening - when I walk I can feel the heel of the boots rubbing up and down. Doesn't matter how tight the laces are, still happens, I'm just not getting locked into the heel like I should. I'm hoping this is just because they're new & will soften up with some wearing.

RE the Tiempo Legend 7's, it's the 2 studs close together under the ball of the foot that cause trouble - not sure why they are there, badly positioned IMO. The stud placement on the Rebula is so much better. I'm tempted to sand down one of those studs by a few mm but I'm not sure which one is the main offender. If it wasn't for that they would be awesome boots, everything else about them is superb, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Nike product.

I wish there was a boot manufacturer who could do semi-custom boots, ie if you wanted features of various boots you liked all put into one boot. Kind of mix & match type thing. I have several pairs of boots in my collection, each pair has something I really like but something which just isn't right. It would be great to take all the good features and have them in one boot.

Stu.

3. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Stu,

yeah, our own custom-made

like my case, my R-foot is a bit bigger and longer (not too much that i needed 2 different sizes, but is the R-boot can be just a couple of mm bigger, it'll be perfect

i wish the Rebula V1 JP has a higher toe box like the V1, my usual 255 feels a bit cramp at the forefoot, but i fear 260 will be too long, esp. on the L-foot

ideally, 258-R and 255-L

well, that's only happens if you are their endorsed pro-player.....

the only place for differential R & L size boot is morelia station, that's only limited to morelia II MiJ

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I guess the reason why I stopped wearing my Rebula V1 after just a total of 4 hours of play time was the sizing. I’ve used a Morelia II and a Basara 101 JP both in a size 8US (260 JP) but with the V1 it seems like I shoulda gone with a 7.5US. It feels a little roomy in there. I’m not sure why the Morelia II and Basara fit me so well in a size 8 though, my true size is actually a 7.5.

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    My Rebulas definitely feel slightly longer than my Morelia IIs.

@Stu Maxwell Have you tried a runner's knot to see if that helps?

newone88 repped this.
  6. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep, did that on Friday, kept them loose at the toes and tightened them right up at the top and wore thicker socks. Now they are perfect! It only took another hour of training on Friday arvo and the upper now has that soft, almost crinkly feel to it. I was practicing corner kicks and with these I'm able to get the ball double the height of the crossbar and drop it on the far corner of the 6yd box quite regularly. I've never been able to do that before. Must be something in the upper of the Rebula which is gripping the ball to allow the lift but still transferring the energy to get the range.

BTW, out of desperation I took my Tiempo Legend 7's and trimmed 1mm off the forward stud under the ball of my foot. This has totally transformed these boots. I no longer feel the stud pressure and they are super comfy but now I prefer the Rebula as far as performance goes. A UK8 Legend 7 is comfy with a tiny bit of room, UK7.5 is too small. UK7.5 Rebula is perfect - just enough space to be comfy enough but really locked onto my foot. The only thing that still bugs me is the tongue sliding to the outside whilst playing - not sure what to do about that. If the Rebula had the flyknit tongueless mid section, flywire & padded synthetic suede heel liner like the Legend 7's they would be the ultimate boot IMO.

Stu.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    the problem with Rebula V1 tongue is that it has no padding at all

i felt some minor pressure upon my metatarsal from the laces....

my Left boot tongue slide more ......as my L-foot is slightly smaller in volume; the R-ones has no issue

8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Awesome! I'm happy they worked out for you!! Maybe its because of the raised CT Frame? Whatever it is, that's great that it helps you out!

As for the Legend. Well, I'm just not a fan. I don't like all of the synthetic that they have on nike's boots and I can't stand flywire. I think adding those things to the Rebula would ruin what the boot is. But hey, its great that you got the Legends to work out for you as well.
    I haven't had any issues with the Rebula's tongue sliding...maybe because I get my boots to fit so tight?

9. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    What is the difference between a Rebula v1, v2, v3? It appears the highter the number, the lower the quality?

10. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Cool prices 50€ but only mii Screenshot_20171224-134740.jpg Screenshot_20171224-134745.jpg

john_mizuno8 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  12. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    hey guys, just trying to get a hold of a pair of MiJ morelia 2's to ship to australia? i think i got my last pair from sportsguide, but after a quick flick through the forum, it doesnt seem like many are shipping out of japan?

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Alex,

email to contact@spsheart.com

Hashimoto-san shud be able to attend to your order

paypal ok!

14. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    thanks mate i appreciate it. is there any hurry? ii might not get them until june but if i need to rush ill buy them now?

15. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    The new NEO II colorway is simple and sexy :)

upload_2018-1-2_7-47-28.png

derbyyank13 and john_mizuno8 repped this.
  16. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    new Morelia colorway also coming ;)

[​IMG]

Jaxinho, MRBA, jayc23 and 5 others repped this.
  17. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I get my mizunos from hashimoto. I think the best colour of the wave ignitus 4 IMG_20180103_175639.jpg IMG_20180103_175621.jpg IMG_20180103_175603.jpg

18. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    oh my god those are gorgeous, if only they weren't in blades, i'd get them in a heartbeat since most of my games are on 3G.

Hows the heel lockdown?

19. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    For me it is perfekt. When you get your correct size

20. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Best looking Morelias I've ever seen. I really, really want to order a pair, but don't know if I can justify around £270 at the moment.

I've already got two pairs (one of them is close to retirement, worn studs, lots of ripped stitches, sole separation and small leather tears in the forefoot), and also a pair of Copas I use for training or whenever it rains quite a bit.

But maybe I could use these as a match day boot...?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Of course you can! Morelias can be worn out of the box! super comfortable boot!!
    also if you wait 4-5 months the price will surely get an -£80-90 drop. ;)

derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  22. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
  23. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I ordered 2 wave ignitus 4 from sportgymn all was okay. They contact you for the shipping.

Alex57910 repped this.
  24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Alex,

just send an email to contact@spsheart.com

shop manager is Hashimoto-san.....no issues with English

paypal ok

Alex57910 repped this.