Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    You are right there. Made in Indonesia MD felt narrow in the front and that together with narrower front of the soleplate made it feel unstable.

2. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I managed to pick a pair up from elevens.com.hk some time last year not sure if they have any left though.

3. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a sample pair of Neo MIJ and the durability is deffo not as good as my other pairs, as I had sole separation after half a dozen wears.

4. fatvader

fatvader New Member

Mar 6, 2017
    seoul
    Club:
    Burnley FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ignitus 4 blackout custom

Attached Files:

5. whitesockslouis

May 22, 2015
    Club:
    Everton FC
    has anyone tried custom morelias with the narrow heel? Im wondering if kengo nakamura is wearing custom morelias (probably is) with narrow heels cos his sizing looks big. I might be interested in getting custom ones.

has anyone got the new monarchida neos yet? would love a review

6. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Right guys, I'm gonna need a mini Morelia guide if anyone can help me, as I'm looking to buy my first pair, Made In Japan. I know the difference between MIJ and Indoesian made, but am I right in saying that there a few different versions of the MIJ Morelia? Morelia 1, Morelia 2, 2012, 2015, Runbird? They're the names that have popped up doing my research through the Mizuno forum.

What would be the ones that you would recommend? I believe the newer ones are lighter (?), but have they solved old issues like heel slippage and lockdown? Different toebox shapes? There seems to be a lot to consider. I see the previous poster mentioned something about Custom Morelias with a narrow heel (again, ?).

Hoping someone can make some sense of all of this for me. We'll get onto the issue of where and how to buy them (Rakuten?) once I've made sense of the different models.

Cheers.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Loftshc repped this.
  8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The Runbird was a limited edition remake of the original 1984 model. The Morelia 2 is the same as the Morelia 2015. People just call it the 2015 because it's an updated model of the Morelia 2. Its lighter and has thinner leather on it. The studs are more durable on turf and artificial versus the previous model. The MiJ models are of a higher quality than MiI models. Others are better describing the two. I have only ever had the MiJ models

Loftshc repped this.
  9. whitesockslouis

May 22, 2015
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I might try the easy order and get two different sizes with the narrow heels, has anyone tried the narrow heels? (and is that 'semi-tight' cos translation seems weird)

are they insanely narrow or will they provide better lockdown?

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    if not mistaken, the easy order have 2 last type

standard = "tight' = same as the standard issue
    semi-tight = slightly wider vs the std issue

i dont see "narrow heel" in the specs....

i could be wrong....

derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. whitesockslouis

May 22, 2015
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I think its a mis translation , if anyone would be clarify but I can only find normal and narrow ones.

12. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the above is correct.

Tight = standard fit
    Semi tight = wider fit

derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I've just started wearing my Neo IIs/2s/whatever and I think they're actually more comfortable out of the box than the original Neos. They went back to a better lace as well, I think. The original green Neo had a typical cloth lace like in a Chuck Taylor but after that they went to the slicker, narrower laces link in the Vapors which I don't think hold nearly as well. The Neo 2 is kind of a middle ground which I like. What I don't like so far is that the Neo 2's tongue is much thinner on the edges and if you have a wider forefoot like I do it's tough to get your foot in the boot without the tongue folding under itself.

14. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I find the laces identical in all my Neo 1 & 2 :/
    In terms of the tongue I agree the folding over is slightly annoying but in general i find the tongue much more comfortable than in the previous model.

15. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
  16. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You should be able to make you own ones via easy order to exactly what you want

17. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    That sounds amazing! Except I have no idea how to use easy order :/ is it straightforward?

18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Pretty easy to do yeah.

19. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Just had a look, you're right it's really easy to do. Any recommendations on what stitching to go for? And I'm assuming "semi tight" is essentially a wide last?

Love that you can get different sizes in each boot! Something that's bothered me my whole career. Think I'll just get them both the same size this time around as it's my first pair of Mizuno's. Based on what I've heard and the service they offer, I can't see it being my last!

Thanks guys for your help so far. Much appreciated

20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    M8 cross-stitched feels a little more tight n snug vs the standard ones

21. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    Just received my Mizuno morelia classic in blue colour.

Wow, so comfortable out of the box. To be honest, more comfortable then mizuno morelia md, which are kangaroo leather.

The vamp on Classics is made out of soft calf skin and mid boot and heel area out of very soft synthetic leather.

The synthetic leather is good, you don't notice difference when passing or stopping the ball with the inside of your boot.

As i said, i like them much more then morelia md. I also prefer their stud pattern, as it feels more stable.

derbyyank13 and gusgorman repped this.
  22. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Hi guys is the soleplate of the runbird stiffer than the Morelia 2. Is the runbirds weight higher than the Morelia 2 2015.

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I am not sure but I think the answer is yes to both.

J League's FB account has been putting up videos from certain player's first J League goals.

Kagawa (who never played in J1)

Okazaki

Honda

(That celebration)

24. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Here are the mizuno Morelia runbirds. They are very rare IMG_20170513_141232624.jpg IMG_20170513_141225239.jpg IMG_20170513_141219206.jpg