Mixed Loyalties

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by chibchab, Oct 13, 2004.

1. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you have made comments about supporting both US and COlombia.

Stating your rationale and birthplace/# of years spent in each country, which team do you love more? HOw did you survive WC 94 w/ USA v. Colombia?

I was born in the USA (New Jersey in the house!), moved to COlombia shortly thereafter (Cali) until the tender age of 5 and the rest of my 30 years in the US (New Jersey in the house!). Like many of you, I support both teams and I like to believe that I support them equally though COlombia has been a little frustrating to support lately. When I watch them go head to head like in WC, US Cup 95, COpa AMerica 95, GOld Cup etc I just want to watch a good, clean soccer match. My dream is a WC final COlombia-US becuase then I wouldn't need to suffer, one of my team would be garuanteed champs!

I don't know if this has been discussed before so forgive me if it has...

2. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Born in Barranquilla,Colombia !!

I left Barranquilla at the age of 8 and been living in the U.S ever since.

My support is 100% for Colombia.

I'll be rooting for the U.S in the World Cup but is not like a follow the team.

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've live in the United States since the age of 4 but my loyalty is and always will be 100% for Colombia but I do follow the US team and know who the players are and where the play. United States really has been playing well and has talanted players. I think you can see how good they will become by taking a look at the youger players and seeing what the do in all of the under age world cups. Who knows how good they will do in 2006 hopfully they qualify and represent. Now for Colombia its a fat chance of qualifiying but I have to have hope. Viva Colombia.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia all the way. I was at the game in 94 and ever since then I have found it impossible to root for the US.

5. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NO use in being bitter.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was born in Armenia, Quindío. I moved to the USA shortly after the 5 - 0 in Argentina, man was that a crazy night, full of maizena, agua, huevos, loud music, aguardiente, I was about to turn 10 when I came to the US, been here 11 years, will be 21 in Diciembre. I can see some of you guys supporting two nations, cause you were born here or have lived here most of you life, well I've lived here 11 years, but I'm 100% Amarillo, Azul, y Rojo....although out of the North I do prefer USA, but I don't follow them like I follow "La tricolor." I do want the US to win when they play Mexico, or anybody else from CONCACAF, when they play Colombia tho, no question about it, me pongó la camiseta, aside from that fluke in 94, Colombia pretty much has the US under control for now. :)

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Call it what you will but I will never support the USMNT.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the same for me! It was my 2nd WC game, it was the biggest game ever for me as fan of futbol.....

the sadness and depression from it, was hard to overcome, STILL feel like sidspace towards USA....

after 20 yrs in Florida, I root for USA is they play anyone than a conmebol team. I concacaf I want them to rule, just to see if MLS ever gets respect at the club level. :mad:

9. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Carlso Llamosa change anythings for you guys?

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. he was never good enough to play on the colombian NT anyways

12. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What does that have to do with anything? He was still a player from the motherland that was given a chance at WC glory.

13. hes not a good player he could never playo n our NT we didnt need him

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ah be quiet, neither are you or could you :D

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ni un pelito de rana!

el limpa vidrios de carlos llamosa....no me inspira en ningun uniforme, me alegro que tenga chamba y papeles, como emigrante honrado due es. Pero pare de contar.

meola- fernando clavijo y balboa, me deben una! :cool:

16. NinjaMonkey_USA

NinjaMonkey_USA New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Los Angeles

mod's note: if you're here just to insult, please refrain from posting. Thank You.