Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    if we have to sign an injury prone midfielder, i'd prefer Thiago.

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I think he was injured for quite some time in the second part of the season. He was also played at CB a lot, which imo is a shame considering his massive talent as a midfielder. He should only be used as a CB in case there’s no other option, which I think was the case at Ajax due to injuries. Him and Arthur could be the new midfield tandem of dreams... If they can fulfil their evident potential that is. Both 21 as well, so plenty of room to grow and boss the midfield for years to come.

3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I want Mbappe to be signed ASAP. Dude is reminiscent to young Ronaldo 9 and has the maturity to play for Barca. I feel we signed the wrong Frenchman.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mbappé preferred Madrid before PSG scooped him up.

5. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I don't know. For me the problem with Mina is not his lack of pace, even pique was never fast. It is about his passport. I will give him a year on loan at dortmund and try to see if he is intelligent enough. His touch is ok and he is slow of the turn but more than Fantastic in the air. We should certainly buy lengelet but not sell yerry mina yet.

6. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Very simple, where Iniesta played. But he needs two runners to cover his ass. But he is of course elite.

7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    A lack of pace can be helped by having great positioning, which Mina also lacks. Even in Colombia’s last game where he scored, he got exposed on multiple occasions because he was badly positioned. I’m not saying he’s a bad player, he just does not seem to have the level to play for Barcelona. I agree that he’s great in the air though, but that’s about it. Let’s see how he does vs England, which will be his biggest test yet. I hope he proves me wrong cause I do like his personality.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I heard on the radio that we'd made a bid for one of Chelsea's players but it had been rejected !?

Anyone heard any rumours ..

I got the feeling it was for Willian but I can't be certain..

9. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I’ve been reading Willian’s name here and there but can’t trust the sources. With that being said, if true, I’m glad it got rejected. We should steer away from 30 year-old players imo.

BocaFan and evil_allan repped this.
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Its still younger than most of our other players and last seasons thinking of buying 22 year old players flopped big time

11. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Crazy how our future midfield might be Brazil NT’s midifield duo(Coutinho and Arthur).

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    no he isn't

13. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why the hell should we go for Willian when the club is infested with plenty of wingers?

14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    plenty of wingers? we have Dembele and ....

15. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couthino

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope Coutinho plays as a CM this season. Imagine him and Arthur Melo forming a great duo though:p

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He can play both wings and ALL across midfield equally as well ... so six positions , five more than some of the current crop

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arthur isn't a starter level for Barca next season.

19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What makes you say that? If he outperforms Rakitic then I would have him anyday

TitoTata repped this.
  20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He doesn't get into the Brazil NT, and to move from that position into a Barca starter, the leap doesn't likely happen so fast that it would be smart to bank on him to be a starter the forthcoming season. There is a reason Spanish papers rumour that our top target is a CM (other than Arthur).

I'm not saying Arthur isn't quality, but he isn't on THAT level yet. If he was better than Rakitic, no reason to deny it, but at the moment Rakitic I think makes the team stronger than Arthur. Hopefully not the case in the longer term future.

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Willian is perfect. Willian is younger than most of our players. Willian can play six positions.

[​IMG]

Jpows repped this.
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Willian isn't that good though. Yes, he played well against Barca back in February but he wasn't even an automatic starter at Chelsea (which may have contributed to how energized he looked against Barca).
    Very inconsistent too. Look at him in this WC. Some games looks good, others he is completely invisible!

Also there's a big difference between keeping 30 year olds on the team versus buying a 30 year-old on the market. So comparing his age with Pique, Messi, Suarez, Busquets etc. is neither here nor there.

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Arthur to Barca this summer:

[​IMG]

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Blimey , with every game Umtiti has played in this competition his value looks to be falling ...

He was piz-poor again today ...
    smashed into Suarez injuring him , smashed into Suarez again but this time hurt himself .... then tried dribbling past two players in his own penalty box , slips and loses possession..... I despair with the guy ...

25. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes. Every match he starts, and they win, in the huge platform of World Cup, value crashing down.

(Not to mention he just signed an extension, it's not crucial what his value is as we're not looking to sell)