Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Atletico have also managed to sign Lemar from Monaco and Rodri from Villareal. the best team in Madrid will be a serious threat next season.

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Thank you! I've been a silent lurker for a while now, finally decided to join in with you fine gents. ;)

Gilmango, inswinger and unclesox repped this.
  3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, Greizman clearly has a huge ego and a massive sense of self importance. I can see why he wouldn't want to join Barca, he would never be the main man like he is at Atletico. Barca need to move on. For me Barca have to win the Champions League abd we need to sign players who will help us do that. Do I think signing Thiago would help us do that? No.

4. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First reaction after the Griezmann snub:

*stern head shake*

Second reaction:

"Oh well, at least now we can move on from this endless, tiring transfer saga."

Third reaction:

Visit Sport.es and see an article about us now having over $100 mill to spend on Eriksen.

Geesh! Any predictions on how long a supposed Eriksen to Barca transfer would last? Knowing Levy and Tottenham, no way they let him for anything that's not at least close to what we paid for Coutinho. Do we make it happen by the end of this summer transfer window?

5. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Also, how do we go from a player of Griezmann's profile to Christian Eriksen as option B?

These aren't the same type of players. Let's say we somehow land Eriksen (I'd honestly prefer De Jong at a quarter of the price), are we still in the market for a striker? Or was Griezmann a one of kind deal?

6. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    In terms of price/quality it was a one of a kind deal. Proven La Liga top player, at the age where he ought to be in his prime. Eriksen is obviously a whole other position to fill. I don’t really know if I’d want to deal with Levy though. He’ll prolly make us pay more than we did for Coutinho. The question is what are we trying to do here? Sign proven players who can deliver from the get-go or sign some very promising talents who might or might not deliver immediately. The pressure to win the CL is very high atm so we’re gonna have to find the right balance of transitioning while still remaining competitive at a high level. We have several players approaching or at the 30 years mark so we need to be smart in dealing with that. Even Griezmann would have been useful for 2, maybe 3 more years realistically. I really don’t know what to expect from Suarez next season. He has reached his plateau and can only regress from here on out, that’s where Griezmann would have come in handy. Same concerns for Busquets, Rakitic, Alba, Paulinho and Pique. I do think they have at least one more solid year in them, or at least I hope. I wish Arthur would come in the summer, plus de Jong. Add to that Aleña and our midfield is looking solid for a transitional period. I still think we need at least one more CB, maybe even 2. I have a feeling that after the Griezmann embarassment we won’t be going after another attacker. If so, I would not know who we could realistically get that could break into the attacking lineup like Griezmann could’ve. Mbappe is my dream signing, never gonna happen though and don’t want to be embarassed again by trying. I wonder what pull we’ll have once Messi retires if even now we’re struggling to sign our target players.

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Greizman would have been a great signing for us, and in today's market a bargain as well. We need a top quality striker to replace Suarez, but now Greizman has turned us down, it's difficult to think of an alternative realistic option, Dybala????? I don't know to be honest.

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  9. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty sure Thiago will be signed if he leaves Bayern. Bartomeu might hire Jordi Cruyff as the the new sporting director.

10. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry, but I haven’t been following Ajax’s games, so what is great about Frenkie De Jong?

11. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lmfao. This will hunt Pique for the rest of his life.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't seem like something that really bothers Pique. I've seen him joking about it.

13. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Well, even if it does bother him, joking about it would be the only way of dealing with it. Admitting it bothers him will only make the trolling worse, which I'm sure he fully understands being a troll master himself. :D I doubt it keeps him up at night though, being a millionaire, having a bangin' wife and basically living the dream. :thumbsup:

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So the whole Griezmann video circus thing was done by Pique's video production company for athletes. Explains his tweet. SMH ....

15. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #90 Jpows, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    I read about that. I honestly don't know what to think about these players anymore. It's all about the dramatics and most of all, the money. I heard they recorded both outcomes of his decision, which I don't know if I believe tbh. Griezmann would have had to make two convincing, heartfelt arguments and then flip a coin yesterday as to which one to go with? It was all strung out just so they could air it like this. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me, but hey, again, I'm sure they're sleeping soundly with the extra money they made with that spectacle, so why should we let it keep bothering us? We dodged an absolute clown, jester-dance goal celebration and all, I'm not bothered. The only player I'd be happy with as far as our attack goes is Mbappe, and he's out of reach for now. Salah needs another season to confirm his status before anyone starts thinking about paying exorbitant amounts of money for him. Aside from that, he's way too important for Klopp's project at Liverpool and they are doing great, so he won't leave easily.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think they video production thing is a bad idea, but this decision thing was. Copied Lebron's the decision BS. I guess they don't realize how much shit he got from that. Or maybe they did.

Yeah. Some of these players need a reality check.

17. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I mean, money-wise I understand why they would want to make it a production. People feed off of these things and they just exploit it. Maybe it's a personal thing but I don't really appreciate the sensationalism of these highly sensitive situations. People are looking to milk everything dry nowadays.

18. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New rumor is Salah.

19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    IMO.

20. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why the hell do we need another winger?

puyol repped this.
  21. Bezhusan

Bezhusan Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    May 30, 2018
    Exactly. Did Cules lost all trust on Dembele? I don’t understand the hate he gets by some people. Thats a terrific player, one year ago he was considered better than Mbappe by many and some even claimed he was already a better passer than Neymar (which is ludicrous, but still).

Trillz repped this.
  22. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We don't necessarily need a new winger. But we need depth and quality. Now that we missed on Griezmann, I don't think we're desperately after a player most likely him. We can sign a different kind of player. Why we went after him was because there was a chance to get a really good value for money ratio, and a player like makes any team better. Depth.

BocaFan repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Its not about "hating" him, it's about not being 100% sold that a player who played 10 decent games for Barca can be an amazing full time player next season.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Eriksen was pants yesterday and I don't rate Rabiot , always think of Thiago being injury prone so not too sure about him either