MISL Disbands

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by K-sWeise, Jun 2, 2008.

1. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    the MISL disbanded last week. i dont know if anyone still looks at this forum, but anyone think that The Wave could/should go outdoor maybe to temporarily be in the USL for awhile. i dont know i'm not going to type all this for no reason so if some people responde i will type more. any thoughts?

2. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry too much. According to what I have read, most of the teams that played this year -- including the Wave -- will reform in a new league for next season.

3. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    first of all thanks for posting. i guess they are doing this to improve the league when in reforms, but i would say that if this move doesnt work the wave should consider going outdoor. take all your cash and come up with a good plan to go outdoor with the mls. i know it sounds like wishful thinking, but where do you think the soccer money is in the future? definately mls/usl if there is any prospect of a relegation system. yet either way they should look at an outdoor future as a real possibility.

4. illwauk

illwauk Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Milwaukee will never have a successful outdoor soccer venture until there's a suitable facility in (or near) downtown. I could maybe see the MU soccer facilities being upgraded to USL-1 levels, but politics are gonna stop a 20,000 seat soccer facility from being built downtown... unfortunately.

(o/t... have they even decided what they're gonna put in the Park East lot? It's been what? 6 or 7 years now?)

But I wouldn't worry about the Wave. They've survived all these years because they've always been run better than the leagues they've played in. Worst case scenario, they'll play a season of exhibitions until a new league forms (which is gonna happen pretty soon from what I've read).