Miscellaneous Brazil Football

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Emperor Adriano, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just a thread for random questions or thoughts, can even include serie c or serie d. One question I wanted to ask the brain trust is who would you say is a bigger/ more traditional side ponte or guarani?

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd say Guarani by a slight margin from the titles they've won. Both are considered traditional clubs in Brazil, especially to those living in SP. Guarani may cease to exist soon, from what I saw recently.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know they are in financial trouble but it's that bad? I remember them drawing 5,000 in the a2 this year.

4. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Guarani clearly the biggest club of Campinas, although Ponte is better nowadays.

In São Paulo, besides the big four, only Portuguesa is really comparable to Guarani.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How big is Lusa anymore really? I watched them a lot this paulista and yea they couldn't use the canide but the attendances were pathetic.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Idk if it's because I only know people from rio/sp but the serie b is underrated. Every Brazilian I ever met shiits on it completely and claims to never watch it. I tend to enjoy it and the quality is higher than people say for sure. If you think about it there is way more chances created in the serie b than the brasileirao

7. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    They are still big history-wise but they are in clear decline, as is Guarani.

8. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    I love Série B, techical-wise is not as good as Série A but games are pretty good despite that.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Portuguesa rio will be in the Carioca first division.

10. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    And more importantly, Ameriquinha is back too. :cool:

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great news for all the traditionalists. Now if they could only structure themselves like Macaé, and that would be even better to see.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Takes me back to FIFA 96 and 97, when there were 6-7 teams from RJ in the game.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Really?? I'd kill for that. Did they ever have paulistao teams in it?

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, they had around the same amount of teams from SP and you could play a league with all of them. In RJ, there was America, Bangu and Portuguesa-RJ. Nowadays, you can't even play with those teams even in Football Manager unless you edit them in.

EDIT: I found a list from '95. I think this Portuguesa is the SP one, though.

América
    Bangu
    Botafogo
    Bragantino
    Corinthians
    Ferroviário
    Flamengo
    Fluminense
    Guarani
    Internacional
    Palmeiras
    Ponte Preta
    Portuguesa
    Santos
    São Paulo
    Vasco da Gama

Just RJ and SP teams (and Inter) haha.

15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A few months ago I bought FIFA 13 just so I can play with Brazilian teams. its sad that I'm worried about FIFA 16 having Brazilian teams. I feel like we will get fuked and just get flamengo Corinthians and Sao paolo. It really is a powerless feeling not being able to pay for something you want lol. I'd pay 150 for serie a and b, not like I play any other games besides FIFA.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I heard a rumor that Brazilian teams will be in the game, but they are having a hard time getting licenses for Fla and Corinthians. It would be great if it was like any other league and EA could get all of the licenses through CBF. Horrible.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What other games do you play besides FIFA? Madden gets old after 2 months now even though the Xbox one version is pretty good when playing against a friend.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just FIFA really. I'm not sure if I'll get Madden this year. I used to play it a ton but with each year since 12, I've played less and less.

The only other game I own other than those two is GTA, and I barely play it. I just don't have time to commit to other games. With FIFA, I can pick it up and play it for as long as I want and stop when I want.

19. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I am a gringo on holidays in Brazil and I will be attending some Atlético Mineiro matches with my friend later this month. Could someone who has time and a good knowledge of Brasileiro, please give me a brief overview (one sentence) on each of the following these Galo players. (E.g. Their role in the team, reputation in the Brazilian public, fan favorite etc)?

Victor -
    Jemerson -
    Leonardo Silva -
    Patric -
    Douglas Santos -
    Carlos César -
    Raffael Carioca -
    Leonardo Donizete -
    Giovanni Augusto -
    Jesus Datolo -
    Maicosuel -
    Thiago Ribeiro -
    Lucas Pratto -
    Luan -
    Carlos -
    Josuè -
    Cárdenas -

Muito obrigado!

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You picked a good team to go see. Victor is a pretty good gk, he has been in discussion for a selecao place. Victor is a fan favorite for sure. He was the hero wen they won the libertadores. Jemerson is a good player, very athletic and able to finish around goal. Leonardo silva is rated by a lot but I don't rate him as much as others do. Rafael Carioca is a very good player at holding mid, we have been talking about him as a selecao candidate on this forum. The manager culpi uses a system with only one defensive mid and Carioca is essential to this attacking style. Datola is pretty good. One player I've been enjoying watching is Giovanni Augusto he's a journeyman but has a lot of technical skill and will do dirty work. Luan is probably the best player on atletico but he hasn't been that great this season, he's a dynamic number 10. Pratto is a prototypical number 9, immobile but deadly in the box. Maicosuel and ribeiro are used as wingers and both are pretty good, Maicosuel is known for his speed. Patric is a very good attacking fullback but bad defensively.

celtic67 repped this.
  21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Can anyone explain to me why Emerson only played 3 games in France? Also is he banned from playing for Qatar due to that birth certificate issue?

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What matches did you end up seeing?

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    From what I recall, it was some problem with a coach. I'll see if I can find the interview where it was mentioned.

For your second question:

So basically, they'd do the same thing to him if he returned.

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lusa has to get by Vila Nova to get in the Serie B. I want to see Tupi in the Serie B also, they have earned it over the past few years.