Minnesota United v. Houston Dynamo, Saturday, May 25

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, May 19, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 24, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. New stadiums are pretty cool. This one is literally so.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Minnesota United v. Houston Dynamo
    When: Saturday, May 25 @ 7:00 pm CDT
    Where: Allianz Field; St. Paul, MN
    Records: Minnesota United (5-4-3), 5th place WEST
    Houston Dynamo (7-2-2), 3rd place WEST
    TV: KUBE-57/KTMD-47.2 (spanish)
    Radio: HoustonDynamo.com/radio / 1010 AM Univision Radio (spanish)

This is the 12th league game for Houston and the 13th for Minnesota United in the 2019 MLS regular season.

Last year Houston lost in Minnesota, 2-1, in April and then won at home, 3-0, in July. The Dynamo also defeated Minnesota United in the Open Cup, 1-0, in June. This will be the first game at the new Allianz Field for the Dynamo.

Minnesota United is 2-1-2 in their last five games scoring 3 goals and allowing 3. Their most recent game was a home win, 1-0, over Columbus on May 18. They will also host a friendly against Herta Berlin on Wednesday, May 22, before the Dynamo come to town. The Loons are 2-0-3 in home league games so far this year. After the Dynamo game they travel to Atlanta for a game on Wednesday, May 29, and then return home to host Philadelphia on Sunday, June 2.

The Dynamo are 3-1-1 in their last five MLS games scoring 7 goals and allowing 4. Houston is 1-2-0 in league away games this year, 2-3-0 overall.

The Dynamo next return home to host Kansas City on Saturday, June 1, and then don't play in MLS again until June 22 at Portland. There will be at least one U.S. Open Cup game in that gap.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo @ Minnesota United, all-time:

07/19/17 MIN 0-0 HOU
    04/28/18 MIN 2-1 HOU

That's 0-1-1 with 1 goal scored and 2 allowed.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back on the road boys!
    Get 'er done!

VAMO HOUSTON n DALE DYNAMO!

4. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    If we are as good as we think, we should be getting points here. They aren't a train wreck, but very beatable.

5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How good do you think they are? While I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing -- I have no idea how good his team is. They are somewhere between slightly good and very good.

naranjableeder repped this.
  6. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorta where I see them. Against the really good teams, we've been good to hang in, but not good enough to finish it. Trash teams we look unbeatable. All around we look exciting and up for the task each game and the gap between the elite mls teams isn't as far.....except LAFC. That team is on a whole nother level. That's the Dynamo I want to see!!

7. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Adrian Heath is a little douchebag.

Usually coaches his team to target specific players with the rough stuff. Like to facilitate that by creating physical mismatches in his roster.

When he loses it’s all the players fault.

8. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    They're ok. I've had a long crush on Darwin and always dreamed of having him here. He is certainly capable of punishing our little mistakes. Ibarra is a good forward. They've got some legit vets who have caused us problems in the past like Alonso and Finlay.

That said they haven't put it all together this year. I'd put them in the 3rd tier of Western teams with LAFC all by their lonesome, Seattle, the Gals and us in the 2nd. If that is truly where we belong, we should be getting points here. An impressive loss still doesn't help us. We've got to figure it out on the road or we'll regress to the mean, at best.

DonJuego repped this.
  9. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo have clearly been good enough against the 3 really good teams they have played: DCU, Seattle, Montreal. Two were beaten, one the Dynamo were unlucky. Biggest questions for me are: 1) Can they maintain consistent good road form, and 2) Do they have depth for the schedule to come.

naranjableeder repped this.
  10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember you calling for the Dynamo to get Quintero way way back in the day.

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW — I was talking about the Dynamo.

I agree with your statement. Time to get past moral victories and finish chances and win games on the road. Winning at COR means nothing.

12. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Away games are were your defense is supposed to step up. We will see if they can keep it to a goal or less to keep us in the game.

Hope Figueroa is mentally and physically recovered enough to perform.

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Gold Cup is really going to challenge our depth to step up and carry this momentum

14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Weather forecast for St. Paul on Saturday night.

At 7 pm CDT:

71F
    43% humidity
    wind 11 mph NW
    Sunny
    0% chance of rain

Looks like a really nice night in Minnesota. Temps will fall into the 60s by the end of the game. Local sunset is not until 8:46 pm.

15. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    1. Minnesota is sending Romario Ibarra on loan to Pachuca. He probably hasn't joined Pachuca yet but it is unlikely that he will play.

2. The Loons lost to Herta Berlin, 0-1, on Wednesday night. It sounds like mostly reserves played for Minnesota.

16. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    reddit says there might be 80+ supporters travelling to this game. Would be awesome to see a group of Orange against a backdrop of paleblue/black in the stands.

17. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Match Preview:

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/m...minnesota-united-fc-vs-houston-dynamo/preview

MINNESOTA
    [​IMG]
    • Injury Report:
      • OUT: Bobby Shuttleworth (GK) - right knee injury
      • OUT: Chase Gasper (D) - hamstring injury
    • Suspended: None
    • Suspended after next caution: Romain Metanire (D)
    • International duty: None
    HOUSTON
    [​IMG]
    • Injury Report:
      • OUT: Eric Bird (M) - left ankle injury
      • OUT: Ronaldo Peña (F) - left knee injury
      • OUT: Alberth Elis (F) - concussion
    • Suspended: None
    • Suspended after next caution: None
    • International duty: None
    OFFICIALS
    • Referee: Joe Dickerson
    • Assistant Referees: Corey Rockwell, Logan Brown
    • 4th Official: Victor Rivas
    • VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero

18. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Horrible performance tonite. MNUFC was very beatable, come on, one lucky goal on a deflection, but the Dynamo couldn't net one? Martinez and Vera can't shoot from outside the box, Manotas wasn't a factor, Memo played his heart out, but not enough.

The defense did its job... but the attack was just awful. I hope this isn't a sign to come for continued road games woes or what this team looks like without Elis, if he is transferred in the summer window.

CeltTexan repped this.
  19. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Can't even claim a moral victory

Dynam0 repped this.
  20. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These clowns can't put a shot on frame to save their lives! I mean talk about Junior Varsity shooting capacity. Adam Moffit sez hello Vera n Martinez! Jebus you two are shit for shooting!
    And yes, Struna and our defense did well, to keep us in it but once again, our guys can't find a way to score at least one goal on the road. Was a replay of the Seattle road loss.
    Without Elis, sheet, we are average.

21. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    This is why it is so important for the league to have better officiating - no card given to DC’s Birnbaum. I told you guys before the game that DC and Benny have a long history of trying to play smash the ‘Dynamo player’ to try and get a result in HOUSTON.

Was it a red - not sure but it was definitely. Yellow And should be a fine.

If I was an owner and this happened to a player I planned to sell for 8 million I would be raising hell to the league.

22. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm afraid we are average with Elis, and below average without him.

Did the Dynamo create even 1 decent chance in that game?

MLSNHTOWN and *rey* repped this.
  23. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Narrator: It is a sign to come as to what this team looks like without Elis.