Milwaukee Pro Soccer signs partnership with WYSA - 7,000 Season Tix Purchased

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by ButlerBob, Feb 27, 2006.

1. cdin

cdin Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Waukesha, WI
  2. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

so building the Brewers stadium was not stealing from good citizens of Milwaukee? I know that thing was not all private and definitely not cheap.

I hate these types...these people have this McCarthyist approach and I have even heard some of them say that Soccer is a communist sport...bla bla bla

3. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Today was the vote by the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association at their Annual General Meeting in Milwaukee. They had the vote of membership to authorize the WYSA board to negotiate finalization of the MPS partnership based on the proposed terms.

After more than an hour of debate and q&a the membership authorized the board to finalize the deal. Of 142 total clubs in the state, there were only six opposing votes. As a matter of comparison, the partnership presentation and discussion lasted longer than the rest of the AGM. The WYSA took this partnership seriously, analyzed the risks and benefits closely and had the vision to support it.

Over the next month or two, the lawyers will work to hammer out the detailed language, but the partnership has essentially been approved. Now we still need to conclude three important elements - site acquisition, lead investor commitment and governmental assitance. Today's vote will make the finalization of the other three elements, which we've been working towards on a parallel course, more likely, though it's still far from a done deal.

Whether or not we complete the deal to bring MLS to Wisconsin, closing this partnership is one of the proudest moments i've had in my soccer career. Much of the credit goes to the WYSA board led by President Bill Podewils, the WYSA District leadership throughout the state and Milwaukee Professional Soccer's Brett Lashbrook who has been invaluable in the 8-month process.

It's just one step, but an important step.

The next several weeks will be important in regards to the other three critical elements.

Thank you for all of your support in this effort.

peter

4. mkecane

mkecane New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Milwaukee
    Good news. Thanks for the update, and, again, congrats to you, MPS, and WYSA.

5. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Awesome news, Peter!

6. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeeze, you guys are impressive.

I just hope other teams in MLS are paying attention.

Does Peter also walk on water?

Probably at least in the winter months...for ice fishing...;)