Mikkel Diskerud can choose US or Norway NT [R] includes NT results

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by USvsIRELAND, Mar 29, 2008.

1. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Nigeria fell through. You are right. My bad. Sorry.
    But what game day for both CONCACAF and USSOCCER.
    Republic of Korea too. Nice!!!

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey, is this guy eligible for a US passport?

1139900900317810688 is not a valid tweet id

3. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Played pretty well in multiple games for NT. Got so sick of American soccer that is hiding in Korea. Waiting for Mix to pop up and announce that he will be back on NT.

Sup Bro repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    At 28.7 he better hurries up.

5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes, but have you seen our GC roster? Eventually gonna be the same story as with Benny and Lee.
    "Why we never played them?"

6. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I think he could help the US Team.

USA-Zebuel and adam tash repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a joke? I can’t tell.

8. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Ask Mix.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @miklagard what say you?

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He is the Thomas Pynchon of American Soccer...

11. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Who wouldn't be both proud and determined, if called up?
    I, even have in my contract, as always, that,... I can go - if being called up.
    But right now, at least I am keeping busy with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Champions_League

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Champions_League_knockout_stage

--and we are facing the first of two against Urawa Red Diamonds in a few hours.
    In the group stage I didn't have to wrestle Hulk for the second time, because we were already through from the group stage as winners before the last set of group matches had to be played.

I'd rather be facing Guyana than Urawa right now ;-)

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has always been something I've advocated our players should do for years.

Especially age group players where FIFA rules don't require a mandatory release.

Of course, our players need to be in sufficient demand that they have the leverage to put this in the contract.

I sure as hell would rather see Mix, than a couple the guys they are going to be throwing out there in the Gold Cup!

USA-Zebuel and Winoman repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    In the contract or not, he has to be released if the country calls, period.

But I rather see Mix with Ulsan facing Urawa than with us facing Guyana, it promises to be a better game.

14. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not at all true for the players I was really referring to, not Mix, unless the rules have changed this cycle. And he needs it in the contract if he wants to get released for Friendlies.

Only has to be a mandatory release for FIFA dates and FIFA tournaments. U 20 and Olympic teams are not considered FIFA tournaments and there is no mandatory release. Hence my reference above to age group players!

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I meant for Mix.

Since the 2012(?) changes, releasing youth players is optional. It's basically the UEFA-screws-CONMEBOL rule.

16. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    find it hard to grasp how mihailovic could be rated higher than diskerud, for one....

17. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    We won.
    Not Guyana-like goal diff though.

... and tell me - if you were the acting refs would Hulk's yellow today been a yellow?

18. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7893 KicksNgiggles, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    @miklagard Mix doesn't your loan end soon? Shame to miss the quarter finals if you go through.

Also, I never thought about this until now.....But have you ever had any contact or crossed paths with Bjørn Johnsen?? He is someone I would have liked to see get a chance at the MNT.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Good win, 1-2 away to Urawa. Congrats Mix.

20. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Guys,
    Please help me on this one -
    A journalist wants to do an aricle . and wonders how many US-players, or Norwegian players for that matter, who have gotten further in a Champions League competition outside of respectively CONCACAF or UEFA than what Ulsan now has allowed me.

I guess it's nearly impossible to be sure - but can you please name the ones you do know? ...guess it was meant to be limited to mens soccer.

TO KicksNgiggles
    : Bjørn Maars Johnsen plays for Norway. Can't switch. Scored twice in Norway's last European qualifier - against Føroyar (Faroe Islands).

TO KickNgiggles: MCFC's current loan of me to Ulsan expires mid July.

21. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    In Europe DaMarcus Beasley made the Semi-Finals with PSV, and I believe John O’Brien made the Quarterfinals with Ajax.

I don’t know if any Americans other than you Mix, who have played in another continent’s Champions League. Not many Americans in Copa Libertadores. Joel Sonora got a couple of games this year for Talleras.

22. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know man! That's why I said "would have liked" :p
    I was just curious if he ever reached out to you being a fellow Norwegian American?

Cool. Transfermarkt says June 30. Guess those folks cant be trusted!

23. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    I do not know if I totally agree with the "headline".
    (It is not the headline I would have preferred or used - but I guess a journalist should be left with some "freedom of expression" as well, or....?)
    Therefore, read my actual quotes, and tell me if you agree or disagree.

and please bear in mind:
    1) I was asked to answer who I thought was the key player in the USWNT squad - but that question doesn't show - and I hope it is not interpreted as if I don't think there are players on this team worthy of being labelled "key".
    2) I gave my answer to a question of what I thought of the WNT's chances in the WC before the game against Thailand, and not like yesterday.
    3) And my quote that starts with "When it comes to club level....." was cut short. (Maybe we here in this tiny pocket on BigSoccer can get into that part later on, if you are ever interested, and then continue a discussion on a theme we actually started years ago?)

https://www.goal.com/en/news/every-...backs-morgans-call-/cqymxyb49jj31dior1dklje5s

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    America: Land of competition and free enterprise (for others... MY industry is a special hothouse flower that can't possibly thrive in open competition - signed Jeff Bezos, Phil Anshultz, American Agri-Business and other struggling capitalists....)

25. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    4 hours until our home game in the Champions League against Urawa Red Diamonds, who won the Champions League final in Asia in 2017.
    Wish me luck.

So, even if I would have loved an opportunity to play Curacao,
    I might be in for a bigger challenge here.

Bermuda and Curacao have in effect placed better than Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba and probably also Trinidad and Tobago in this year's Gold Cup.
    It warms my heart and tells me again what wonderful opportunities our game of football comes with. Everything needs to be put in context. What these two teams just did - are probably greater achievements than many of the ones the rest of us like to pride oureslves with.