Mike Havenaar???in the Japanese U-18 squad???

Discussion in 'Japan' started by lilcookie, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    nah, i was wondering if his like half or a full european coz like...i dunno, it's weird

2. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    uhh...yeah...definetely weird...

3. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    yeah very weird i was checking him up ...the prob is that i can't read japanese :D
    but he is in the Yokohama F Marinos Youth team and he is in the U-18 J squad whenthey are going to this tournament in Croatia

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    he is the son of Marinos goalkeeper coach Dido Havenaar, who came from Holland and played in the J-League for a while.

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    thanks for the info...to ask again though...his a japanese citizen?

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    well yeh he must be a citizen to be on Japan's national team. Whether he has dual citizenship or not I don't know. And I don't know if he is full-blooded Dutch but maybe if you have a good pic you could tell.

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    yeah but sometimes there are players that aren't citizens and play for another team

8. kuku

kuku New Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Both of his parents are ethnically Dutch(or tall, white European at least), and have Japanese citizenship. Mike is also a Japanese citizen. About dual citizenship, he must choose his citizenship(Japan or Holland) by the age of 21, according to the citizenship law of Japan.

9. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    really? thanks for the info...i doubt he would wanna play for japan if his on a dual citizenship thingo but...but if he does that's cool :D

10. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't see why he wouldn't want to represent japan if he was raised there.

11. reefur

reefur Member

Jan 26, 2005
    www.reefur.com
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    his pic...
    [​IMG]

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    don't put him on seriously....he is so CUTE!!! to late...:D
    sorry Hormones kicking in:D

13. Steven_W

Steven_W New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Robert Cullen, Alex Santos, now this white bloke. Where did all this multiculturalism come from :D

14. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Cullens a half cast...Alex is full brazillian

15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    There are many thousand naturalised Japanese in Japan now. I understand that some people still have an incorrect impression that Japan is a "racially pure" country but that is no longer even a reasonable generalization. In addition to the dozens of Korean and CHinese who were born in Japan and thus could play for the Japan NT if they chose to do so, there are also dozens (maybe hundreds) of half or fully "gaijin" players nowadays especially at the youth and JFL levels.

In addition to the many half (or full) Brazilians who most people have heard of, as well as Robert Cullen (half Irish) and Havenaar (fully European) Mano Nakao is half Malaysian and plays in the J2. Tomi Shimomura (Cerezo Osaka) is half Swiss, and Tokyo Verdy has two young players who were born and raised in Okinawa but are of Arabic descent (Osama and Ali El-samuni). There are lots of others in the youth ranks.

Time to retire your old stereotypes. Japan is as much a multicultural country, now as places like Germany or Australia (though not as much as maybe France or the US). You will see lots more white, brown and tan faces in Japan NT uniforms in the future so time to get used to it.

16. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    yeah i knew cullen was half...and alex was full but i wasn't sure about Havenaar...but thanks for the info....Matsu, yep thanks for teh info :D i knew Japan was multicultural :D I'm not lying too!

17. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

he does seem to look japanese in a way.
    you guys are lucky, id love to have a half korean and half other race kinda player in our NT :eek: santos is awesome.. wed be more than happy to "borrow" him from you :D

18. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    aww...now that you have replied to reefurs post and Havenaar is there...HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! i swear...damn you let my hormones jump up and down...and it's bad enough coz i am on PMS mode..:D

Hanul..yeah...you can borrow him for a sec...and i said BORROW...not take :D

19. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Ariel ESCUDERO(URAWA.R,Argentine/Spain)
    http://www.urawa-reds.co.jp/Team/Players/s_a_escudero.html

Osama ELSAMNI(Tokyo.V,Egypt)
    http://magubbs.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gazo/yusu/2003/2005/osama.jpg

Ali ELSAMNI(Tokyo.V,Egypt)
    http://f12.aaa.livedoor.jp/~vyouth/meiari.jpg

They also say that they want also to play in JapanNT in the future.
    ESCUDERO has been elected to U-15 ArgentineNT,and Osama ELSAMNI has been elected U-17 EgyptNT before.

20. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    that's cool :D more people

21. Steven_W

Steven_W New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sydney

OK OK No need to be so touchy. I take your point and thank you for educating me.

But as multicultural as Australia? no i dont think so.
    A quarter of australians were born overseas and something like another third are first generation migrants. Can't answer for Germany and the rest...but I must assert my silly national pride on this one.

22. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    dude he was only being informative...

23. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    sorry just pmsing today

24. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

I was referring to multiethnicity, which is nott quite the same thing. I know that there are Australians from just about every country in Europe and I know that many of them still maintain strong identities. But that wasnt what I meant. At the end of the day, theyre still all the same "race". The number of Asians, Blacks (not including aboriginals) and so on is not what wou would call "low", but face it, George Gregan and Rocopoko are the only non-white Australians on the rugby NT, and the football NT is even more "white" than that. Have you EVER had a black, aboriginal or asian NT member? If so I cant remember any. Japan already has half a dozen non-Asian NT members at various age levels.

The point is, both of you were going on and on about "what is this guy with a white face and a European name doing on the Japan NT" as if it is some sort of "weird" thing (both of you actually used that word). My point is that if such a thing surprises you, it shows that your thinking is out of date. Hey, I didnt call you a racist or something like that. Im just pointing out that your assumptions about Japan are not accurate

Japan is increasingly multiethnic, and it isnt just in the major cities. I live in a tiny little town in central Japan, population about 9,000, and apart from myself (blond-hair/blue eyed Japanese) there is a guy who was born in Holland with three half-Dutch "Japanese" kids, two ethnic brazilian families and one ethnic Iranian guy all of whom are Japanese citizens (and Im not counting numerous ethnic Chinese or Koreans because they are all still Asian, and thus comparable to the different types of white Australians)

Go to Tokyo nowadays and you will see non-Japanese faces everywhere. True, most of them are just there as expats or tourists, but the number who have taken Japanese citizenship is rising every year. In Sydney, no doubt that would be similar, but how "multiethnic" would you expect from a small town in Tasmania or the Northern Territories?

25. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Whoa....did I see this right? :D