Michael Arroyo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecua_toriano, May 25, 2010.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I thought the same thing. Arroyo could be the missing link.

Hopefully he could be that clutch player Kaviedes was back in the day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjReds7rFg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjReds7rFg[/ame]

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he stepped his game up b/c he was scared about Rueda not calling him up this time. I've really like Arroyo in the NT so far but I still wish we'd have Mendez starting in top form. He's been alright with Emelec but nothing amazing like his times in Liga yet. But I find a player with Mendez vision and style of playing essential for the NT.

I hope Arroyo maintains himself at a good level in San Luis but if people like Luis Bolanos, Miller Bolanos, MJ Quinonez, Edison mendez, or Joffre Guerron are doing well in their club teams then they deserve a chance. They're all players that can break in through the middle of the field as well as generate plays from the wings. It seems like Rueda is not gonna count Mendez in this new cycle for now but we need to look at players who have a similar style of playing and IMO theres only 2-3 (and I named them right before Mendez).

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think Noboa is a natural replacement Mendez as our all-purpose midfielder and field general. He plays more withdrawn at Rubin Kazan, but so did Mendez at PSV. I think Rueda should play him more advanced, and have Castillo or someone similar as the true defensive midfielder.

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This friggin Ghetto MOFO.. What's wrong? he can't find quality MOTA in mexico so he wants to come back to Ecuador? That's just ridiculous!! If he can't get accustomed to Mexico than no way in hell he's going anywhere else. MEXICO+MONEY+FAME= one hell of a great time.. DAMN cypress hill!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1syFv2eREI"]YouTube - ‪FUMAMOTA‬‏[/ame]

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was disappointed in him when he said that he wants to come back to Deportivo Quito b/c he's not adapted to the mexican environment. Dudes playing well, starting, getting paid good money. WTF else does he want? I'd say it's the weed, but California is only miles away. Damn Arroyo...

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We'll see him plaYing for the San Jose Earthquakes and becoming a card carrying member of those dispensaries out in Cali...wtf is his deal.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Whats going on?

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    its guys that have his mentality that make it difficult for ecuas to get a chance abroad

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Michael Arroyo de san Luis a Cacun

hace dos dias llego como refuerzo a cancun

equipo bajo construccion

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    navarrete y arroyo, reportan que estan entrenando con el atlante y nada de contrato oficial

futuro incierto.... no sabe si lo compraron o esta a prestamo: dice arroyo

noticia en desarrollo

11. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    se junataran cn el peruano mendoza en atlante they gonna be partying every weekend

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Scored the winner against Chivas.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAwpgC7ieM"]Chivas Guadalajara vs Atlante 0-1 Jornada 1 Clausura 2012 07/01/12 - YouTube[/ame]

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Scored the winner against Chivas.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgAwpgC7ieM"]Chivas Guadalajara vs Atlante 0-1 Jornada 1 Clausura 2012 07/01/12 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Watching Atlante v. America now...I love the way this guy plays.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he did work yesterday. But missed that EASY shot. he had like 2 or maybe 3 real chances to score and missed the easiest one where the keeper was played out. But he finally play some quick futbol yesterday. The Arroyo i saw last season was lazy which is why it didn't bother me seeing his name absent in the Qualifiers squad list at the end of the day. But he can play like he did yesterday BRING HIM BACK to the NT.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I didn't see the shot he missed, and overall I thought his shooting was not good last night. But he does everything else sooooo good. He holds the ball, dribbles, passes, makes plays, runs, and he has a good shot (usually). Unfortunately, Atlante has nothing else from what I saw, except for a 33 year-old Andres Mendoza running around alone up front. Arroyo needs to get himself on a good team where he can get some exposure...since the first time I saw him play, I thought he had the potential to get a chance in Europe. But besides some of the friendlies before Copa America, he hasn't really had much chance to showcase his abilities to a big audience.

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why is Arroyo playing as forward, when he is so amazing playing as left mid fielder, he dominates the left flank, this is hurting the NT IMO.

18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why is Arroyo playing as forward? when he is so amazing playing as left mid fielder, he dominates the left flank, this is hurting the NT IMO.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    podra terminar con 10 goles esta temporada?

en meixico 10 o 13 los ponen en el podio y mira de muchos equipos del exterior.

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Has 3 goals so far with half the regular season gone (not liguilla) I doubt he'll score more than another 3 goals this season.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ademas ese equipo de cancun ha perdido mucha forma: con la salida de tecnico -portero y del Jovi bermudez, en nov/diciembre pasado.

no son los mismos resultaddos y estan mal en la tabla.

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Singlehandedly saving his team from relegation. Criminally underrated.

23. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  24. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jesus Christ the game he just had...Rueda absolutely cannot
    leave him out the list for Brazil. I've always said Arroyo is "different" from the rest of the guys we have. If Ener could play as a striker, Arroyo has the qualities to do the same. Arroyo is a creative player, he can play as a wing, a 10, a mediapunta, etc. There's no way we can leave him out.

Manolo repped this.