Miami MLS Stadium News thread

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta plays in Mercedes Benz. Would you be against 1 year at the Hard Rock with the top deck sealed off?

2. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    That would be preferable...

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Is there any idea about the name, colors, or when they will start?

4. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami United FC will wear red, white, & black and will play in 2020. :cool:

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure, if we are in the concacaf champions league play off game, and we can pack 40,000k they can move it to hard rocl for that game, i think i would cry that game, no lie, quote me i will post it, if it happens, right here on this thread... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Scouts honor tho, im serious...

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, not gonna happen, play at FIU, no to Marlins stadium, that i agree with

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe tge Legion are pushing for that in the future stadium

8. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta is an anomaly and we will see where they are when the shine wears off. That being said, the way they are conducting business will probably keep the crowd around longer because they should be a perineal contender. 25k is a perfect size, I'd rather be like Portland than New England.

9. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No wearing off of the shine. That would be Orlando. Atlanta is like Seattle. They are too popular, their staff is too smart and their team is too good for them to be going away any time soon.

10. JT3000

JT3000 New Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys would know a thing or two about soccer teams going away, wouldn't you? Don't worry about our "shine." ;)

11. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They only have one year in. I'm not doubting how smart their staff is or how good their team is. By all accounts they seems like they will be more like Seattle than not but like I said it's only one year in.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    The access to that Doral site is awful, and there is literally nothing around it. Give me Overtown with access to all the stuff on the river versus being surrounded by warehouses.

No one from the eastern or northern parts of the county, and certainly no one from Broward and north is going to the Pepsi plant.

14. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mostly just know it from watching this league from the very start. I haven't seen this solid a start since Seattle.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. footballfantatic

Mar 27, 2008
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repost:

Attached Files:

17. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    It is public land, and heavily used. The Mas family is Cuban royalty and the commission is Cuban dominated, so maybe it gets done.

However, this is more politically fraught than Marlins Park. That was empty public land, this provides permanent jobs and is actively used by the community.

The site is certainly better connected than the Pepsi site, but still not as well connected as Overtown.

18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    metrorail might take longer than Overtown but still connected... Metrorail-Miami-Map.jpg

19. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    You keep Tri-Rail, but lose the Brightline. It also becomes a commuter experience. When you talk about people not just going to the game and then going home, you need to have something to keep them there. We saw how well game-specific retail worked at Marlins Park.

20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well brightline still possible u have the connection at government center, tri county area still connected, even for Orlando fans coming down they can take it and get to stadium

21. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    It definitely has connectivity. I just think the site is politically tough, and moves away from the idea of a stadium that engages fans before and after the game.

That said, it is much much better than Doral.

Lucho305 repped this.
  22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It feels like Mas is only making the process more difficult

23. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    As long as MLS approves it, I think this thing ends up in Doral.

24. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree...I rather have this thing in the melreese golf course has the trains, its central of miami, next to the airport, everyone will see that thing coming into miami...

Doral is very congested as it is, no transportation, west of Miami dade county, not a good spot, unless they build a train along palmetto?? Which will never happen...

25. Cleat-USA

Cleat-USA Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I understand the appeal of connectivity to metro rail and tri rail in theory. In practice though I don’t think it makes a huge difference for Miami. The metro rail would be a nice option for fans living in the Grove and the Gables and areas south of the stadium which are near the rail. But the stops north of the stadium aren’t going to result in much of a difference in travel time because the distance is so short. Tri Rail doesn’t move very fast. Each stop takes a while. The total travel time from Magonia to MIA is 2 hours. I could travel that distance on a Saturday in well under 2 hours. Which brings up another point. Most of the games are going to take place on the weekend so how critical is access to mass transit really?

I know this isn’t a popular position but Hard Rock Stadium is perfect. It just underwent a massive renovation with soccer in mind. It is right off the turnpike. Us Floridians drive everywhere as it is. We have our own fan culture ingrained from pro football which lends itself to long pre and post game tail gates in a parking lot. That’s how we’ve been reared. We haven’t been raised on pre game at a “pub” and “marches to the stadium” or whatever. The only negative is the team doesn’t own the stadium, there is the rent due to Ross, and the playing surface would be in shambles. I think MLS is more interested in being a real estate holding company than they are running a league, which is why they are so keen on teams owning their stadiums.

I know Hard Rock is never happening. I just think it is a shame it wont. I’ve watched soccer there in the middle of the summer and it was a wonderful experience.

USSoccerNova, tallguy and FoxBoro 143 repped this.