Miami MLS General News & Discussion

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, May 14, 2014.

1. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Is this it? Is Miami now a go?

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears that Miami is no longer MIA.

Granitza78 repped this.
  4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS in town today to check out the site. Tim Lewieke told reporters yesterday he expects MLS final approval in weeks not months, but who knows.

Seems to be almost there. No fat ladies have sung yet, if thats what you want.

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really when you think about that they haven't been officially announced yet and they are starting from scratch. LAFC will start four years after being announced and Atlanta was three.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its quite a long time when you consider 8 years will have passed since Beckham played his last MLS game..

Unak78, Andy Bulldog and Lucho305 repped this.
  11. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will also be a long time since, MLS announced Beckham's MLS Miami endeavor and them taking the field. 2013-2020, that's 7 yrs. While LAFC and ATLUTD were only 4 and 3 yrs.
    MLS should have waited until Becks and Miami were on the same page, to announce anything.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not to mention 13 years since he initially signed on with MLS in January 2007 when he was promised to own an expansion team. In that amount of time, ten cities (San Jose, Seattle, Philadelphia, Vancouver, Montreal, New York City , Orlando , Atlanta , Minnesota & LAFC) have started clubs in the league...

13. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could have started a USL team, they could have started an academy but you can't sign players to a team that does not exist. They still have not been awarded a franchise officially yet. Also they don't want to play in a temp stadium. Theirs wont be done until '20 so they aren't going to start until they want to.

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Kauffman but her articles of late are well, late and sprinkled with facts.

Leiwike is the one that said maybe 2019, didn't he? I'll stick with that.

15. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Went up to Orlando for the Atlanta game...easy in, close by parking steps from a hopping, revitalized Church Street Station/lots of bars and restaurants, five minute walk to the stadium, amazing game day experience, sold out stadium...just about perfect night, except for a hard fought loss by OCSC....

What I couldn't help but notice was that the area around their new stadium is nothing like that of the Overtown site. Beckham's plot is largely surrounded by low income housing. There is no Church Street-like complex a short walk away. People trying to compare the Overtown site to Orlando's are most definitely reaching in my opinion.

I had a great time up there, but left with the feeling that Beckham has indeed purchased a flawed--probably a fatally flawed--site. Unless they are going to knock down a bunch of housing, I don't see any resemblance between the two sites, other than them being 'downtown'...but make no mistake, these are two very different sites.

I'd like MLS back here as much as the next guy, having supported pro soccer here since the mid 70s...but I believe there's something very wrong with this site.

16. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the lack of parking in and around that area will likely hurt their ability to attract fans from from the north that will have to drive 45 minutes. The first year might be good, but long term it will hurt them. Its a terrible location that might be more of a negative as time goes on.

Unak78 repped this.
  17. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unak78, Andy Bulldog and UCFWayne repped this.
  18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, there is plenty of parking around the stadium, im sorry that it is not a parking apot at stadium entrance with your name on it, that doesn't happen anywhere. the Hard Rock Stadium parking has there lots but I can assure you, you walk a lot to get to your seats, and then have to wait in the parking lot to exit (traffic).

the Neighborhood may be scary at night, but "what?" when the game ends your leaving all alone? No. there will be police officers, there will be plenty of other fans walking home along side of you, if there is a gang of crooks nearby, i'm sure they will not outnumber the fans coming out of the stadium. downtown is not safe at night either, so when the heat games are over, people are not getting jumped or robbed. Stop complaining Miami, yall looking like B*&%$#. Man up and except that Bekcham a very internationally known guy, is awarding you with a team. Stop complaining. Put some big boi pants and start talking positive about this thing, there is already negative people out there who want this thing shut down. Spring Garden, Matheson, Soccer haters, Please stop with the negativity and think of all the good things this thing can bring to you, Miami.

There is plenty of alternatives for parking, park in Brickell (take a train to the stadium), Park in Doral or the airport (take the train to the stadium), Park in Downtown (take a train to the stadium), park three blocks away from the stadium in downtown (walk your happy ass to the stadium) there are plenty of ways to get to the stadium and find reasonable parking, its sad that everybody wants an actual parking garage / parking lot specifically by the stadium.

There are a lot of parking spaces in downtown and other connected municipalities near by where you can pay by phone, then take an uber or lyft to the stadium. Open your closed ass minds. Im tired of this crapt. Everybody so negative, no wonder everything fails down here, everybody give a quick negative opinion and everyone runs with it.

The Heat by the way have very little parking spaces, and the fans have managed to get to the games, I don't understand why Becks Stadium is any different?

Miami, stop being negative nancies, bro!!! Use legs that God gave you, use them for once, sweat a lil, damn!! Lazy ass ppl!!

Yall going to Miami FC game on Wednesday :)

Next time anyone talks negative to you about this thing tell them the "positives" about it to counter there "Follower" answers, tell them something great about it, the players it will bring, the chanting and singing, tailgates, celebrities, the freaking view of downtown from the stadium. Be a "leader" Miami, think outside the box "Miami", be different "Miami", GET BEHIND THIS "MIAMI", because everyone else out there seems to not want this thing, its slowly slipping away as it did with Barcelona and Marcelo Claure (almost ten years ago), it can happen again. (rant over) GROW A PAIR "Miami"

Again, who is going Wednesday night for the Miami FC game?

chrayatl, svelten and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. svelten

svelten Member

N/A
    Jun 22, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    The funny thing about "No on-site Parking" is that generally, you really don't want to be parking at the stadium anyway. Well, I really don't. It's overpriced as hell typically and you lose the rest of your evening trying to leave. The more spread out the parking options are, the better it will be to get out of the area, and the fewer cars driving to these events, the less congestion there will be for everyone. Among all the other cited issues, the parking's gotta be the most benign / complaining for the sake of complaining (disabilities aside)

Lucho305 repped this.
  20. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Hey, if they can run some shuttle buses from northern Broward and Palm Beach, they'll get more people to the stadium...because the site has some logistical challenges, they need to do some out of the box things to put more fannies in the seats. I hope they do, I really do. My original comment was meant to highlight the differences between the Orlando site and the Overtown site.

21. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, my rant was to everything negative not just a comment here and there, everything has built up, you know what it is that when Beckham announced his option I was single, and later today we could finally have a team, since then I've gotten married and had a baby girl (2 yo), my mind set was in another place when this began, just saying. But this thing is almost done!! Let's get the green light first.

Yes, there needs to be shuttle buses or tri rail which I believe goes to the downtown area and from there take the metro to culmer station and your there (I'll have to research that)

Who goin to the Miami FC game tonight?

22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMG_0077.PNG
    Here is the tri rail map, you can transfer to the metro station and go to culmer that way, or ride to the airport and go to government center then to culmer station. I don't know where you live but if it is out west then mayb at these locations they would need shuttles to move fans east to the tri rail stations.

23. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    I'm in north Broward near the PB county line. I could drive over to tri rail in deerfield, but honestly, I've read about too many violent robberies and assaults at the Opa Locka/Allapattah stops and have no desire to chance that. He needs to run some shuttle buses...or how about boat shuttles from Bayside over to the stadium? People would park at Bayside for the afternoon, eat drink shop, and then hop on a boat down the river for the match. There are some creative solutions but they need to be implemented...too many times in the history of SoFla pro soccer, owners down here (Fusion's Horowitz, recent Brazilian Striker owners) seem to think 'if they build it they will come'--it doesn't work! You have to advertise, promote, make an effort. I've said it before, the Miami MLS market is a 100 mile long pencil shaped metropolis. If you're gonna put the team at the tip of the pencil, you've got to make it somewhat easier for folks coming from north Broward and Palm Beach...and, no, comparisons to the Heat (next to Bayside) and the Fins (8 dates a year) don't wash...

Lucho305 repped this.