Miami Fusion... Nostalgic thread

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please share your memories for those who hated us so...those who don't want a team in Miami... And those that never had the chance to experience the Fusion...

Check out this episode of MLS insider, see how they decided our fate and til today how it still hurts... Miami MLS expansion when It comes we better show the love we couldn't for 12 years...

2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You asked us to check out an episode of MLS insider in your whine. Where is the link?

As an aside, will you show the same love that you've show South Florida's current team, The Ft Lauderdale Strikers? For Claure's and Beckham's sake, I hope not......:cool:

3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the link:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/09/insider-episode-johnson.html

Im sorry Antique, you already know my answer to your question. I will never support that team, they are shady, how could you live with a team that their main main priority is to sell players not caring about their position in the league? it makes no sense!! We are both at equal disagreements, and they will always offset not having an ultimatum. Strikers don't care about their fans, only their players, and Miami (as you say) is a bad sports market. Check the video though Antique, we had a great team in 2001 and for them to take us off the map, for one goal?! it makes no sense. This MIami Fusion team was the future of the league and they let it go that easy? They let San Jose stay and they still get disbanded as well. Miami Fusion should have stayed since day one!! Shame on Mr. Garber...

Its a Nice video antique, watch it.

And to answer your question ofcourse not, I will most likely be head a supporter group and a season ticket holder, hell my kids first trip to any kind of stadium or exposure to sports will be Miami MLS new team!! not the atrocity and fakeness of the Strikers, I can't follow them as much as I would liked too.

Im not going to lie to antique I was for the change from Miami to Strikers, when they began, the only thing that intrigued me the most was the fact that they had a chance to compete in the US Open Cup, and go to the CCL. There they would have really caught my attention and I would have been a fan, just like you, but when the front office has the nerve to sell their best players without any care of the fanbase how do I expect this team to win a Us open Cup and get to the CCL, and on top of that not even win the NASL championship since they began the league themselves?!?

Im sorry antique, my past reasons may have been because its ft Lauderdale, but the truth is that they don't produce a winning team that I can back up on. And im not one of those who wont follow a losing team, I am a Die hard dolphins fan, been there since I was 5 I would never miss a game, even in there 2-15 and 1-15 seasons, I watched every game.

If the Strikers had the desire to produce a winning team or atleast the ambition to BUILD one, I would have easily been there with you antique drinking that beer you owed me..LOL but you have to understand I can't follow a team who does not care about the fanbase.

Hopefully oneday if MLS Miami does come we will both be at the tailgates, and Ill give you more of that aguardiente shots you took with us for that Miami FC match.

Sorry the long response, but I just wanted you to know that my reasons for not following the strikers is simply not because they are in the 954, but because they have no desire to put a good team on the field, therefore I do not like the Strikers.

Hell and I told you I don't want the strikers to fold if this team comes about because I know fro a fact the rivalry there would be great. Good luck to the strikers watch the video its great.

4. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i cant comment much on the Strikers, except that a friend of mine has a brother that plays for the team and thats why she would attend matches in ft lauderdale with other ladies in the stands.

as for the fusion, i only started following them their last 2 seasons. just when i was getting into MLS and the fusion, they got taken away. after that i lost all interest in the league. a shame really. by now i would have been a rabid fan.

Lucho305 repped this.
  5. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i remember coach Hudson, rimando, serna, mastroeni, and that english guy the played mid field.. Ian something... we had a pretty good team.

Lucho305 repped this.
  6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucho305 repped this.
  7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you guys prefer to have a revamp of this team? Or start from scratch? Kind of Like what sounders did from the NASL days

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure. Of course you would have to get Hudson as coach again, but his new assistants would be Ralston, Cassar, Preki and Heaps.

Not sure, but I doubt Rimando or Beckerman would make the move. Masteroni would. ;) Does anyone else still play professionally?

9. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i rather start from scratch. new brand name, color scheme. theres a stigma attached to the Fusion name. on top of that i hated the dark blue/yellow combination. and please... if we do get a new team... i dont want chucky cheese type of names. Miami Sharks? Miami gatos? Toros? Fusion? ugghhh

10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel you, I'm hoping since Becks is from England he would stick to the traditional soccer names, like:

Atletico Miami ( AC Miami) , Club Deportivo Miami (CD Miami), Inter Miami,

futbol in Miami repped this.
  11. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those would be best!

Lucho305 repped this.
  12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The only way the world would take us seriously, if we want a world class team we need a world class name, you don't know how much I can't stand names like San Jose earthquakes, la galaxy, Houston dynamo etc. the mascot city Naming style (Hate it with a passion)

13. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahajaja. i thought i was the only one. its like trying to watch a Fisher Price match.

Sounders, Timbers, Whitecaps are pretty badass though.

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No of course but remember there team names are officially Seattle Sounders FC, Portland Timbers FC, Vancouver Whitecaps FC. What gets me mad is that the media kind of doesn't put the name out completely on TV, but they do have it. But the teams I mentioned in the previous comment don't have the FC attached to their names, can't stand it.
    Now I know why they call it a Mickey Mouse League. but its changing getting better slowly but surely.

Another thing, have you guys been watching the MLS playoffs? You know what grinds my gears, when its the second leg of the series and they don't put the global score or aggregate score, In either channel that they show the playoff matches, UNI, NBCS, ESPN. Just show an aggregate score already, lol, sorry had to rant about that

15. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that doesnt bother me. the ppl that are really following know the aggregate scores. more often than not.

16. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I mean, I'm thinking of the ignorant people out there that might have that slight interest in MLS, they see one team lose the game but is still celebrating because they passed to the next round, that person is gonna be wielded out and just stick to boring baseball lol

17. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let them. if they truly are interested in the game, theyll stay regardless.

18. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Ok. Then again we can't copy names of teams in other countries all the time either. But if you want to use a foreign name I prefer Miami Athletic not really in favor of spanish names like Atletico or Club Deportivo; or even Inter, they sound too gimicky.

Cyclonis repped this.
  19. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spanish themed name actually makes alot of sense here. not just because of the demographics, but also taking history into account (florida was originally colonized by Spain). Real Salt Lake. .. thats gimmicky.
    though i can also run with Miami Athletic. sounds nice.

Lucho305 repped this.
  20. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can live with that, regardless I how it gonna be named everybody would call them Atletico, out here in Miami. If that was to be their name

21. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd really love to cut and paste the article for everyone, but I know for certain the Mods around this place will likely slap me upside the head...anyone who wants the article just PM me or if you google it might just come up for you.

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of the article is fine just don't plagiarize the entire article.

24. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ju
    just read it. thanx.