Mia, Jules and Brandi on Leno 7-9

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by M9fanatic, Jul 3, 2004.

1. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
  2. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHY!

I know they're the media babes of '99 but shouldn't the hot up and commers like Tarpley and O'Rielly...hell (although I don't particularly like them) even Wagner and Wambach...shouldn't they be in the spotlight too? '04 is many of the vets' swan song. If the media were smart, they would start hyping up O'Rielly and Tarpley. They're going to be the new big names.

3. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    The 91'ers are and forever will be the golden girls of the media. Fair or not, that's just the way it is. Mia, Foudy and the gang are recognizable faces to the public and have a smooth way with words in the spotlight that the younsters don't. The '99 World Cup took the country by storm in that almost everyone knew about it. Even non-soccer fans. Mia, Foudy, Brandi and others were very hyped by the media and people still remember it today. In contrast, the '03 World Cup came up more quietly, right in the middle of the NFL season, college football, and MLB play-offs. Not as many people took notice. And that was were the press missed some of the rising talent on display, and now continues to rely on the vets to draw the crowds. The "new generation" will likely form a great team for years to come, but will play under the shadow of the '99 team. People will criticize them for not being Mia or Julie, but thats the way it is.

Having said that, I'll watch anyway :D. It might seem like I'm bashing the vets for their popularity, but I'm not at all. Just the facts.

4. scrfan

scrfan New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Mia Hamm has a "smooth way with words"

LOL
    I think that's the funniest thing I"ve ever read.
    Mia is good at giving the same old tired cliche answers. She's boring that way and not outgoing enough to bring interest personality wise.

I'd love to see some of the new faces give honest, opinionated answers.

5. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

they don't sell the game, those group of veterans that draw people come to the stadium.

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I'm fixin' to dump this tidbit of info here....

If any of you ever visit your local grocery store...look for the special Oly edition of "Life" mag. The cover is a montage of Oly images and one of those is Mrs. Corry...errr Garciappara. And somewhere on the inside of Mia in the Norway game...I think it's what's her name...Head Gash NY Power that is to her right side.

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
  8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Funny...the curtains in my van look exactly like the same thing BChaz wore tonight.

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    So are jean jackets in now? I am not a hip metrosexual like many here on BigSoccer. If they are making a comeback, I still have mine from high school (acid washed of course). I have a big ass Stryper patch along the back.

STRYPER RULES!!!!

10. hoosierfan

hoosierfan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    indiana

i kinda liked it....a shame the interview is so short.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    She looked hella good though out of the 3.

You missed your chance then when Mitts was on that one dude's show...the guy from "Old School" who drove his guido Porsche off the bridge at the end of the movie.

Here I go again on my own....

12. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    Your wish is Tom Arnold's command. Aly Wagner and Heather Mitts are going to be on the Best Damn Sports Show next week. However, they don't say when. I didn't start a new thread because there aren't any specifics really except that they'll be on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/bestdamn

13. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

Faudy looked sexy don't you think ?

14. scrfan

scrfan New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Um, no. Julie looked the best. Pink pants and a jean jacket straight out of the 80s? Not for me.

Mia just looked like set dressing up there but I understand she has to be there because she draws fans.

15. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they just have practice or something b/c Brandi still had practice hair.

I liked Mia's outfit, although I also sorta have an outfit just like that.

I like Mia's comment about how Jules became captian and Julie on Brandi's post olympic celebration hahahaa